Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I was theory-crafting with a buddy about that combo. I want to try it because on paper it really is dirty. Leona's CC chains into Xayah's root really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Fizz can nope her ult dash with Playful Trickster which causes it to go on CD, but that is literally the only thing I've ever seen stop it. Essentially if you can go untargettable after she casts and before she lands it wastes it. I bet you can do something similar with Kalista's Ultimate but I haven't seen it done.

e: There is absolutely no reason for her to be untargettable during that ult cast. It's the DEFINITION of Zero Counterplay.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Been playing a lot more Rakan, I'm really coming around to E-max first because without his olly-out available his trading is really difficult, and if you just use the shield on it actively you'll end up preventing more damage than Q's heal (which doesn't scale with levels anyway.) Basically without his E, Rakan can't get into a mixup without getting real dead since he's not naturally tanky enough to just frontline, and it's also his main support tool. So getting the CD on it down is just too important, same way you level Janna's shield first.

Personally I've liked Windspeakers a lot more, I don't think going full tank/CoC with him is that great.

I really love him and the ridiculous stunts you can pull off with him. I honestly cannot wait to see him and Xayah in pro-play because that's going to be fun.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

kingcobweb posted:

There's only one Master-tier player on Rakan that I know of, and he skills three points in W before maxing E. He builds Mobis-Eye-Ardent Censor/Athenes. I tried it and it seems good, but I hate Mobis on him a lot. And it seems like he uses MR quints (?!?!) to make up for the squishiness in lane

https://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=v%C3%ACncent

That seems like it would work really well TBH. I've built censer a few times on him and I like it, I am just finding it hard to justify not picking up a Redemption unless we've got an Ivern who's going to build it anyway, and that takes a good chunk of the midgame.

Mobis would be great if I could roam but down in poo poo tier leaving lane as a support is basically giving your opposing botlane a free kill 100% of the time so I'd rather have mercs for the MR.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

A competent Morgana destroys Rakan in lane so there's that. She's a good champion that I've been playing more lately as a counter. My main issue with her is she has no sustain or damage-soak for her ADC, so unless you trust that guy to not take six headshots in as many seconds, it's hard to justify playing her. Basically Morgana is a good counterpick into hook lanes and run-at-mans comps, (Rakan, Lee sin) and she really punishes the shorter range ADCs. But she's not a generalist pick and you will just end up losing via attrition to lanes with decent sustain.

Post laning she's great for making picks, and fair at team-fighting, but struggles if there's a lot of AOE damage she can't avoid.

Re; Rakan, Doing an ult-dash into 5 is actually not that good most of the time since even though you get them all it has SUCH a short duration. I find doing a flash-ult into knockup is far more reliable and wins teamfights more often than knockup into ult combos.

What is cool about his ult is since it's proximity you can catch Master Yi, Katarina, and Zed as they come out of their blinks before they can do any damage by just ulting and standing on their target, then chain that into the knockup combo. Which is plenty of time for your team to delete them utterly while they stand there CC'd. It's REALLY good.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I mean they've been phasing runes out for over a year now and ARE doing a full refund on anything bought since they said they were axing the runes-for-IP system.

Personally I don't really feel like I'm getting screwed by only getting a 20% refund on Quints I bought four years ago. I got a LOT of use out of those quints. Getting some free champions or Mastery rank up essence for owning some poo poo I bought four years ago feels like a nice perk, rather than something I am owed.

Like, the car depreciation thing is kind of dumb but yes, the game has changed and something you spent your time and fake currency on was obsoleted. That's... every game that has a long-lifespan. MMOs, FTPs, everything. They've been really up front about when and how they were doing this.

Would I love more freebies? Sure! But it seems fine for what it is.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I think Magical Girl LoL is pretty fun, there's only one map that is Bullshit Stupid Notfun, sadly it's six maps in so you don't know if you get it until it's really late in the game.

It's the one where 8 velkozs spawn at the end of the second walking section.

Managed to do all the easy ones with goons tonight and the no-mage run from hard. I think the no-utility and no-adc runs will require lucking into easier maps. Poppy is too important for the second walking section, even the non BS-versions of it. Team Ahri was definitely the hardest version I played, mainly because Ahri herself is really BAD in the mode (which is a bit odd, given that she's the team captain...) and not having Poppy or Jinx who make it much easier in general.

If you're having trouble movespeed quints help a lot.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Did anyone else just get the Riot Survey about Tournament rewards? Because it was really long and complicated and kind of janky.

Basically it looks like they're testing the waters on if people want to do something that's more Pay-to-Play with better rewards, or more Free-to-Play with less rewards. I personally went for the latter because I'm not sinking RP into tournament tickets, that's dumb. (Basically I picked rewards that let you play again for free as my top priority, followed by "give me cool poo poo if I fail out but I won't play the next day.")

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I'm finding it difficult to ride the Janna train when she's permabanned.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Poppy seems really good into Trynd (or I've just been running into very bad Trynds.) If she gets a good slam on him she can kill him before 6 and after 6 she's just straight up a more useful champion to have on your team. I feel like bramble rush is never as useful as Bami's though. (Poppy's waveclear is poopy without it.) Usually go Bami's > Boots > Bramble > finish Sunfire > decide if I need MR or can finish the Thornmail.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Poppy has been my trip out of the depths of Silver in my last week of "woops I forgot to play League this year". I ran into this guy and thought you guys would like him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlBCuweemvc

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Space Illaoi would have been way better than Void Illaoi, as a launch skin.

Adventurer is too good not to vote for though. Honestly I don't know why they don't make all of these, though it might be to gauge interest.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Pay attention to how many times this chick uses flash during the jinx/taric chase.

It's three.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

That's gross Keven. You're gross.

I think it's nice to have something cutesy after all the grimdark darkgrim champs recently. She looks fun as hell. (apparently she's some targonian god thing, to explain the weird proportions.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Switching summoners seems really useful for toplane bullies, like I can see Renekton taking it. It does mean you don't get a teamfight keystone though. Kind of hard to guess the impact without seeing it in play.

• Locked thread