Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Tired Moritz posted:

there's people right now that enjoys playing adcs.

I always enjoy the first five minutes of playing ADC immensely. Then I get a kill in lane, push up to bully the other guy off their Tower and then the teleport animation starts behind me. There's just enough time to wonder "what fresh hell is this" before the Jax/Fiora/whatever pops out and eats my face, signalling that my time of enjoying the game is now over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Fiora is fine vs Quinn if you Riposte her weird jumpy thing

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Wait a minute did they fountain dive or something? How did this adc get a kill and a half before buying starting items?

Cheesy invade with a 5stack and not buying anything at 00:00 because he was expecting to pick up a couple kills, would be my guess

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I played Nasus against a team with two ZZ'rots the other day and it was disgusting. Infinite Q stacks.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Hermetic posted:

Says the person who spent a page raging that someone said they were wrong. :3:

You really are the most abrasive poster.

As someone uninvolved so far, you're definitely the idiot here. The only way normals are better than ranked is if you're bronze or something

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Libertine posted:

Don't poo poo talk other people in the thread unless you are going to absolutely bury them with one post and then walk away from the earth you just scorched. If you gotta go back and forth with "nu uh you did" for six or seven posts you make everyone dumber for having read what you wrote.

nuh uh

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Libertine posted:

So you're saying I should just throw my vote away?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAT_BuJAI70

E: gently caress

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I just locked Nunu mid in a gold 1 ranked and noone on my team said a word, except one person asking what bloodboil did

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

J4 is good now. I play him top and mid and basically go full AD. Late game, their ADC is dead before the ult animation finishes casting

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Yes, but now the support standing next to them dies too

Also, there's more flat armor penetration available than ever before

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Why dont you all go play a game of Dominion about it if you're so unhappy

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

pro click

Did you shave yet?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

flash exhaust fiora top

thats how far

I've been playing a lot of Fiora lately on my gold smurf and honestly, the only reason I even run TP on her is for the lategame homeguard TP ganks on the enemy ADC who has the balls to try to go clear a wave in a sidelane. You can just TP directly onto the minion they're trying to kill and run them down and kill them without them having any chance of doing anything about it.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

And finally, to cap off my bad post trifecta, I feel fully vindicated in my Jhin = Varus observation as those two champions have been inexorably linked in pro play teamcomps for a couple of weeks now, across several regions

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Jhin can easily be played in midlane too

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

seizure later posted:

Jhin's laning phase requires you to bully the opponent by being up in their face and landing Dancing Grenade's on the enemy until they can't be near the creep wave. this requires you to play very forward and in mid lane you will die a lot.

Varus just sits back and farms until he does enough damage to poke people out from a very safe position. they are not analogous at all.

And yet they're filling the exact same roles (roles as in tasks rather than positions on the map) and get picked on the exact same comps in pro play. They supplement eachother well because they supply fundamentally similar things to a team: zone control, long-range CC and physical damage poke. Varus is a better opener and Jhin is a better closer and they have different power spikes, but the Jhin/Varus/Gragas comp will only get more common until one of the three (probably Jhin) eats a nerf.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I just got an A+ for going 15-2-17 as top lane Fizz in a close 39 minute game. Second best score on our team was our Thresh with 4-5-26. He got a deserved S, but I mean, what the gently caress..

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Pro ban list on Ascension:

-Teemo
-Shaco
-Heimerdinger
-Teemo

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Freaksaus posted:

What's wrong with this picture (other then me playing Vayne because jesus I suck at her).

Nothing. Physical damage supremacy.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

There's also a fog-of-war toggle that you unlock by getting Diamond the previous season, and at master and challenger, you select to play 4v5s and have one champion on the enemy team be controlled by a bot.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I just full-on KS'd a penta from some random in a ranked game. We won a fight in their base after taking their inhib down, so the game was all but over. He'd gotten 4 kills and only the enemy support was left. There was no way the support was getting away. Good/Bad thing to do?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I still feel like adding pure solo queue will do more harm than good at this point. The playerbase would be so fractured. And I mean, how would dynamic queue work with 4 player teams? Would they be at the mercy of a random dude accidentally clicking the wrong queue?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

itsjustdrew posted:

On the note of heimer, I have a friend who mains him and uses ADC runes just to start off, that + grasp of the undying. seems to be amazing at poking down enemy laners, especially top. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Your friend is a real shitbird

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

They really need to steal a page from WoW and just give temporary bonus IP to whichever role has the least people in queue (so, a permanent IP bonus for people queueing support)

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

itsjustdrew posted:

When he uses this build he goes more for health than AP, so yes, that's the logic. He also gets ZZrot which I believe I'm correct in saying also scales off health.

This seems stupid. Even if ZZRot gives comparable EHP to a health item (which it probably won't, because most health items have high EHP, especially early in the game), the damage portion of Grasp only scales with HP, not EHP.

E: I have a fever and misread the quoted post as "gets ZZrot first" so my scolding is mostly in relation to that. It's still a dumb gimmick though, and I stand by the shitbird assertion.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Thank you! Yeah ZZ'rot is generally still strong, I only meant in relation to Grasp, where ZZ'rot does nothing for the damage of Grasp, which might make Grasp less competitive with things like Thunderlords on someone like Heimer.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

Had my internet go out during a game last night so I got slapped with a leaverbuster punishment, which means I lost my last game of promos and get 5 games of normals where I have to wait 20 minutes before the game actually queues me

gently caress off lyte this isn't a "Low Priority Queue" this is just a timer before you queue me into a regular game if you're going to come up with a retarded loving punishment at least name it right

https://twitter.com/RiotLyte/status/710091293129625600

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/RiotLyte/status/672087248330821632

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

please stop your going to trygger my Lyteism

https://twitter.com/RiotLyte/status/667593445192536064

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Lovechop posted:

they are very inspirational

"if u can't handle me at my most toxic, u don't deserve me at my best~*"

https://twitter.com/RiotLyte/status/658506607001796608

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Parallel Playa posted:

Holy poo poo those tweets are hilarious

https://twitter.com/RiotLyte/status/638539861629247488

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

come on son you don't date the hot streamer babes

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Real gangsters counter Jax with Fiora. Riposte his stun to win, fail to Riposte it to lose. That'll teach you how to play in no time.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

what a pro forma piece of lettuce that is

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I've set this as my desktop background now but do you have a version sized for smartphones too?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Fiora isn't banned anymore and she's pretty much universally fine against tanks. She's a slight underdog against Ekko, Poppy (pre-nerf more than now) and Malphite but goes even or better against every other tank. It's definitely worth learning to play Fiora right now, despite the nerfs.

E: Don't pick Fiora into Pantheon or Tryndamere though, it loving sucks. Yasuo can also be bad, if you get one of those weird Yasuo whisperers.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Aurelion Sol is just a big dumb flying Sunfire Cape isn't he. Like, that's all he does. He's a movable Sunfire Cape with ridiculous numbers to compensate. It's like S5 Worlds Mordekaiser where they designed a dumb champion so they cranked the numbers up to 11 to compensate

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

AHH FUGH posted:

So basically next patch? Because they're nerfing corrupting potion, icy glove, Grasp of the Undying, Graves, AND Ekko

Fiora saw all that she had made, and she saw that it was very good. And evening passed and morning came, marking the sixth straight day of Doran's Blade start Fiora..

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I agree with what ya'll are saying, Jhin and Varus are basically the same champion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

Wait a second what sorcery is this for, that's no riot site I've ever seen

it's bio so it could be literally anything, up to and including the tribunal

• Locked thread