Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
A good thread name.

A good OP.

A good game...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

I'm not sure if any of them are worth it :ohdear:

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
I love the character but the Western theme of his skin does nothing for me.

Also I cannot attack move for the life of me.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
God how I hate playing on OCE.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Congratulations on finally not having a Badvatar.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Damage, but I've found maxing Q first to be perfectly cromulent if you're a pro at landing hooks.

And Mobis are the way to go most of the time.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
RIP Dominion, you were a good mode once upon a time, but sadly that time is past us now.

edit: also probably the only Diamond badge I'll ever earn in this game.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
How does one Jhin? Hope to get good teammates that understand how his W works and pray you get carried?

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Alris posted:

How does one Jhin?

Repeating in the hope that one can tell me how to get good.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Methanar posted:

Pick corki instead.

But I do not want to play Corki. He has stupid facial hair.

Why would I play a character with stupid facial hair when I could play an Artist of Death™

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Daunte Vicknabb posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/dauntevicknabb

HOT HOT GOON MULTIQUEUE ACTION

hi, i'm noted goon legend k0g

Will there be any Dance Dance Revolution on this stream?

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Tequila Sunrise posted:

So pretty much every name will be open tomorrow on the Japanese server, save stupid fake-streamer names. What should I go with? What is the best name in The League of Legends.

Dokdo.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Corki-only account named Enola Gay.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
It's probably a lot better now but having played FFXI back in the day I can confirm the attitude of a lot of Japanese at the time was generally unhospitable to foreigners, and it was very common for Japanese players to have "JP ONLY" in their search messages . Good luck getting into a party with them unless you were a healer/support type and they were desperate, and you'd better be a quick learner because there was next to no chance they'd bother using the (very good at the time) auto-translate commands to attempt communication.

This attitude was for several reasons:

1. Communication purposes. They wanted to play with Japanese players and shoot the poo poo with Japanese players, nothing against english-only speakers.
2. The game launched in Japan several months ahead of NA, and a lot of them saw the new wave of players bring with them goldfarmers, increased competition for large monsters as well as unscrupulous activities on the part of some newcomers to sabotage large monster fights, and the usual racist poo poo that kids in MMOs are keen to spout at anyone in particular. I honestly feel this is kind of a cover for personal biases against non-japanese, as Goldfarmers were inevitable as the game expanded, Japanese players were doing devious poo poo in terms of claiming monsters long after NA's entered the scene, and just as much racist poo poo was thrown back non-JP's by shithead teens from the other side.
3. Japanese attitudes to computer gaming and the internet were behind what the rest of the world was doing for a long time. It was predominantly a console market, and this was a new type of game where whether they liked it or not they had to share. Plenty chose to keep to closed groups and keep non-JP's out, which whether intentional or not came off as hostility.

Japanese online gaming has come a long way since then, but like any online game there are going to be shitheads. Hopefully the JP League Server has a mute function.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Tequila Sunrise posted:

So pretty much every name will be open tomorrow on the Japanese server, save stupid fake-streamer names. What should I go with? What is the best name in The League of Legends.

Koizumi did 9/11

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Illaoi is a fun and perfectly serviceable champion.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

foutre posted:

this feels like jumping the gun pretty hard.

You forget that the gun is meant to be ironic.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
At no point did I say she's strong or good :colbert:

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

AHH FUGH posted:

Yeah I know and my point still stands

She remains fun and serviceable.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Illaoi is bad and deserving of buffs. Lots of buffs. Just.. not enough to make her popular.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Are you loving kidding me.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
And Yorick has had literally zero new skins since his release in June 2011.

What a dumpster fire of a champion.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Super Librarian posted:

Yay I made plat for the first time, and without too much feeding (my hidden score there is 0/2/14, a shameful sona score)

Jarvan with damage items looks extra crazy now, holy cow

Congratulations Ms. Von Scoot :)

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

The quintessential OCE experience, folks.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Best Vi skin is probably Demon Vi. Officer Vi has sirens that go off with her ult but it's pretty horrendous otherwise.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
What is Quinn's weakness in top lane? If you're a close range melee champion and someone picks Quinn into you what is the correct course of action?

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Thankyou all for your responses, I truly appreciate the effort that went into them, but advice on who to pick into Quinn is difficult to take on when Quinn is the one being picked into you.

Also thankyou Nyandaber Z, I shall take your words to heart and hopefully dominate stupid ranged bird champions in the top lane.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
For the record I stated Illaoi is "fun and serviceable".

That's a far cry from Good.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Make the changes permanent imo

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
I have no idea how Championship Riven is so rare, given that it's something you could buy from the store and was clearly marketed as a limited-availability skin for what was at the time a very popular champion.

poo poo, I bought it for those reasons and I despise playing her.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
I promise the next league vid I make will have Dancing Lasha Tumbai playing in the background.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Guys I think I like this new champion.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
What champions do you like playing? What is it about those champions that make you enjoy them? What roles do you feel you are lacking champions in?

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Big Dog.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
New Cassiopeia is trash.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Soraka if you want a straight healer, Janna if you want a keep-the-bad-guys-the-gently caress-away-from-your-squishy-guys support, Sona if you want a more aggressive poke-y support with some heal, Nami if you want a heal-y support with some poke, Braum or Leona if you want a beefier support and can trust the guy you are supporting to follow up (hint: they won't), Taric if you want to do a little of all of the above and be fabulous at the same time and Bard if you want to play something exciting that sprung fully-formed from the drug-addled brain of Hayao Miyazaki at the apex of his last opium binge (he's very fun, just very... different. The fact the characters name is Bard does not reflect at all on his role or aesthetic.)

Or Blitzcrank.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
So in order to get Mastery 6+ you basically need to get lucky rolls with chests?

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
I see. How does one go about acquiring Blue Essence?

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
This is all getting very confusing. How does one disenchant a champion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
So, to summarize:

To get Mastery Level 6+, you can either get lucky rolls with chests

or

use 500 blue essence

by

disenchanting champions