Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
I don't think I have ever received a champion from a chest.

Lucky me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
She can't jungle, can she? Her gank potential feels monstrous with her wall and displacement, shame the jungle would probably murder her though.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Verviticus posted:

this thread is constantly full of people whining about champions instead of just learning how to deal with them. have you ever though about doing that instead

To be fair, when people in this thread ask for advice on how to deal with champions 90% of the time the advice given is to pick a counter for them or ban them out, which is really lovely advice that can most charitably be described as completely missing the point of the original question, and neglects to take into account that a. there's a 2 in 5 chance you don't get the ban and b. there's every chance the troublesome lane opponent is the one picking into you, rather than vice versa.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Verviticus posted:

can you find me an example where someone wasnt asking how to use a dumpster tier champion to deal with lane bully or something equally impossible to answer?

I'll pull out a question I asked from earlier in the thread as an example.

Alris posted:

What is Quinn's weakness in top lane? If you're a close range melee champion and someone picks Quinn into you what is the correct course of action?

Unless all close range melee champions are dumpster tier the above should fit your criteria. Most of the responses were "X makes Y's life miserable, play X". Granted, there were some helpful responses which provided genuine insight into a matchup I rarely encounter. Won't stop me from banning her every time I go top and have the option, though.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Servaetes posted:

oh shut up dude lol

also Aelris Pantheon is a fine pick to Quinn even after the changes to her, but if she lands her bird on you it's a little bit more tricky. And I think Quinn's vault cancel's Panth's stun? I'll have to check that really quick.

Hey thanks Serv, but it kind of illustrates the meat of my point, that when asking for advice against specific champions listing off straight counters doesn't really work in practice. It's an easy answer, sure, but it doesnt address the main issues. Taking Fizz as an example, he has a lot of the same weaknesses as many other melee mids. Auto him when possible, especially in the first couple levels when he doesn't have the advantage of mobility. Once he does, try to land any combos your champion has immediately after he uses his leap. Things get trickier at 6 when he gets his ult and can unload on you, but if possible picking up a null magic mantle will help take the sting out of it.

The above is of far greater practical use than "pick Lissandra and wreck that fish fucker".

Verviticus posted:

literally the very next post and the first response to that question was the correct one. after all the useful information was given, everyone told you the other things to do as supplement

No offense to Luna as I'm sure his words were well-meaning, but his advice was the league equivalent of this, and neglected to touch on the first half of the question posed. But I'm pretty sure this is a conversation we've had before and I doubt I'll ever be able to get you to change you mind about this so lets move on, shall we?

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Methanar posted:

85% winrate over 25 games in d2 and d1. It's happening.

Good luck kid. We're counting on you.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

SaberToothedPie posted:

my team just got absolutely hosed by an illaoi, i hope this isnt a trend

But... but Illaoi is bad. And deserving of buffs.

:getin:

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Servaetes posted:

50% off fire Kindred - y/n ?

It's not Super Galaxy Kindred. Do not settle for second best.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Safety Scissors posted:

60% of comboy jhin y/n?
70% of sonoran kog'maw. I have no idea what this skin is, and it doesn't even show up as one of the ones you can normally buy. I'm p sure monarch kog is the best skin though.

1. Y
2. NNN

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Yeah but Jhin is so loving fun it's ridiculous.

He single handedly rekindled my interest in the role.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Is it me or does Illaoi's damage feel a little bit overtuned? She's got next to no utility outside of buying IBG but when I get ganked by Shaco while laning with an Ekko, my first thought should not be "600 gold right there"

Poulpe posted:

I recently got shat on by her, so I'm inclined to agree, but it's incredibly frustrating when she gets ahead, I can't pick out what her weakness is if she's tanky enough to trade with you.

What's worse is that her E still exists, and if she lands it on you you're thrown into the Illaoi paradox where you pick between trying to murder the tanky dps with at least one guaranteed % missing HP heal via tentacling your soul, or running away giving up gold/exp, dealing with 15 seconds of harass, and taking a bunch of damage anyway.

Seriously can anyone shed some light on what the "correct" move is?

What bizzaro universe have I woken up in?

Illaoi is weak to being kited and is pissweak without her tentacles. She wrecks anyone dumb enough to try to take her on one-on-one or two-on-one while she has her ult up, but she has zero CC so when you see her get feisty walk away. Just walk away. Let her freak out, wait for the ult tentacles to despawn and get back to doing your thing. If she's dumb enough to follow you outside of her ult radius and away from any tentacles the fight should be a lot more even.

If you get grabbed by an E you have two options:
1. walk away, try to trigger it before she puts too much damage on your ghost.
2. hurt her. Every time Illaoi takes damage, the ghosts duration decreases. If she's focusing her efforts on the ghost instead of you (that is to say, she is bad) you'll be taking a fraction of the damage you normally would take in a proper exchange. Try not to get hit by any tentacles that are aimed at the ghost, and it's a lot better to fight it out when you're at high-ish health.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Nice work, congratulations buddy :)

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

How Rude posted:

taliyah is p. good, i got an S+ and Rank 4 this game, also a good zinger by Roberta halfway through the clip

http://plays.tv/video/5778879d24e3b162f5/troublesome-taliyah-tribulations

Super Mario Galaxy had some very good music.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Oh my.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Bubble-T posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/Svj6E

Riot Games is making a board game. SUSD posted it on their site and then took it down, apparently Quinns was a consultant of some sort of the project.
I'm not holding my breath for quality gameplay here but it looks pretty.

I'll probably get it dispite having no friends as I am bad with money~

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Servaetes posted:

Sounds like he's Galio's voice actor but way more jovial and goofy. He keeps referring to Skarner so maybe Skarner isn't a dumb bug in a pyramid anymore.

Kit and voice are both pretty good, I feel like I could enjoy playing him. I bet the scaling is poor so he's gonna be closer to Zac and Maokai and Naut.

If what Ivern is saying is accurate you're going to have to change your in-game name to Lord Grompulus Kevin Riverton of Croaksworth

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
*Lord Grompulus Kevin Riverton of Croaksworth Hellscream

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Is Kled good yet?

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Little Devil Teemo's death animation is remarkably satisfying.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Hey Binjin if you're reading this I forgot to get those details regarding what we were talking about at the start of our last game. Shoot me a PM when you have a moment.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

LegalPad posted:

What's the consensus with Ivern? Is he a good champ™?

Jungle Ivern has the second lowest win rate in the game (36.17%). One of these days someone might crack the code and make him viable but a lot of people to date have tried and failed.

You'll never guess who was the lowest win rate... Support Ivern (35.93%).

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Methanar posted:

I'll do light elo boosting for anyone that wants it.

Let's be late-night ranked friends.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
It doesnt update automatically but I've made like a dozen suggestions already. Just waiting on them to be processed.

Cassiopeia
Twitch
Lissandra
Ivern
Kennen
Ezreal
Janna

Sadly I had no luck finding a clean version of Monkey Magic by Godiego for Wukong.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Is The Kench good again? I never got a chance to run him in his heyday.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Apparently top lane ignite/teleport Shaco is the new hot thing.

Of course by new hot thing I mean flaming bag of dog poo poo that exists to ruin games for nine other people.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Is anyone else finding they're unable to spectate games with the new client?

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

lmao she's about to be murdered by Mecha Khazix.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

kingcobweb posted:

He's in around a third of games so people are pretty used to him.

I'm pretty used to banning him out so no worries here.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Servaetes posted:

Draven
Spinning Axe (Q) bonus damage changed to [flat 30/35/40/45/50 damage + 65/75/85/95/105% of bonus AD] from [45/55/65/75/85% of total AD]

I think looking at this if I mathed it right this is a gigantic nerf to Draven's lategame, maybe a buff to his early?

They should change his axes back to what they were at release, bleed damage and all, for one week. Just so we can relive his glory days.

Taric's ult, too.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Neurolimal posted:

Are any of the LoL areas coastal, or do they just exist in a fart cloud of magic and hexpunk

Bilgewater and the Shadow Isles.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Methanar posted:

It's my birthday.

Someone please send me cool and good skins.

Done.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
On the contrary Kled and Skarl are good, and they are my friends.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Methanar posted:

I cared enough to post it.

I guess I could post a bunch of highlights of me 1v4ing as illaoi instead.

But... Illaoi is bad?!

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
It's almost certainly Jhin, but unless there's some new animation it is missing a cylinder. Both regular and High Noon have 4 cylinders that pop off after each shot.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Twisted Fate is doing a good job of channeling Reaper.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Servaetes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK1us57TL7Q

Sounds are pretty bad, yeesh. The back is kinda cool and the colors are neat, but I think I'm gonna stick with cowboy.

I like it, but that back animation with the giant paintbrush is tremendously stupid, and not in a good way.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Someone type up some words on where Master Yi and Kayle exist in the current metagame, thanks in advance.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

have you seen my baby posted:

The average league community experience

I am not familiar with that Singed skin.

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!

Servaetes posted:

I have no idea why it's so loving big but these own:

The rest: http://imgur.com/a/3fE9D

Who is that with Lux and Garen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Get ready!
Welcome back Mr. Path. May your stay be an enjoyable one.

Most goon games are organized via. Discord, you can find a link in the opening post in this very thread.

• Locked thread