Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

mistaya posted:

Meth what happened to your cancer did you get super-effective fast forums Chemo?

Whatever makes him lose the pube beard tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
It might sound like I'm lying, but I actually won a game as Singed yesterday.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

el dingo posted:

Urgot is free this week, you know what you have to do

Urgot is legitimately good though.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Don't worry. We still lost. :toot:

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Does anyone want to analyze my bad plays? http://www.replay.gg/search/euw/InternetFriend#2505449433
I was fairly certain we had this game, and I'm not sure what I could've done differently.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Don't do buffs the first clear.

Edit: The most effective jungle path is to rush level 6 imo. Krug>wolves>raptors>stone bros>base
Krug>blue>wolves>raptors>red>stone bros>rift scuttler and you're level 6.

Easy, quick and painless, at least for Udyr, Wukong and Rumble.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 24, 2016

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

The Shortest Path posted:

Also works well for Shyvana and probably Xin.

It seems way too risky in most games though. Like, if your opponents catch on at all they'll just grab both of your buffs.

As long as you ward your first buff as you leave it and then ask your laners to respond of needed, that's not really a problem.

Even if you lose a buff, you're still ahead of the xp curve.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
So your friend is so low he won't be able to play with you once you hit gold, but he's also the region's best Anivia player?

Sounds like I am leveling an OCE account :getin:

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Aurelion Sol is so sassy, he's more drag queen than dragon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0-pxxx6qOw

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Yo do we have a club on EUW yet?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Please don't call him Bard. His name is Magic Tuba Man.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Fifth Age Taric is the best investment in my entire life.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Got a second account to level 30. Decided to try placements with just some tier 1 runes, and placed in Silver 3. Right now, the plan is to get to gold with the same runes.
The hardest part is having a really shallow champion pool.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
I've played Teemo a lot. His biggest weakness imo is that while he's able to bully early, he's not in a position to be able to trade very well and stay in lane.
To make up for that, I've tried Grasp of the Undying, and that really makes a huge difference.

Starting out, it's a 50/50 between Doran's blade and doran's ring, where you buy the other one if you're forced back with 400ish gold. Against melee, I've started buying boots3 and frozen mallet now, as mallet both makes you super sticky, able to take a punch without dying and increases your GotU damage.

I know Teemo is still considered a bad champion, but has anyone else tried the mallet approach on him recently?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Radical posted:

i laned against a plat teemo only guy yesterday who did the mallet build on him. i was playing trundle and it seemed pretty awful and i killed him a bunch.

Picking Teemo into Trundle is probably the best way to ensure you lose lane. If you don't force cooldowns and get a huge upper hand before level 2-3, it's lost.

So far I've really dominated a Nasus with this build, and won lane enough to contribute to the wins against a bunch of others. The hardest matchups would be champions like Trundle, Xin, Jarvan and other champions with an easy gapcloser or way to keep you in place.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Zmej posted:

I once owned a nasus in lane, then he hit like lvl 6 and the first part of spirit visage and I couldn't do poo poo anymore. does mallet really do anything? like you're still doing no damage and he can just run at your with wither and q you twice for more than half your life. idk, that man just gets too much sustain so like teemo falls off hard if he hits 5 and you don't have a 2 level advantage.

also I'm bad at dealing with nasus. like grasp of the undying lets him trade pretty well after lvl 4 it seems with most tops.

With boots3, his W and mallet, Nasus will never be in range for Q. Mallet means your damage output is like 50/50 physical/magic, so it's hard to itemize against. If you auto him once, you will always get off 4-5 autos and 1-2 GotU proccs, due to being so sticky, so he will never be able to sustain through it.

Aerox posted:

What's the full build after Mallet?
Boots3, rageblade, liandrys.
Mallet will be finished before the laning phase is over, assuming you know how to CS. Rageblade turns you into a splitpushing menace, while liandrys increases makes your mushrooms actually hurt instead of just acting as slowing wards.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Verviticus posted:

the age old question - asked since beta - finally answered: no

i wish there were other ways to counter nasus in lane, but alas

This is a good post. Thanks for contributing to our Teemo discussion.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Verviticus posted:

you're welcome. i love to contribute to teemo discussion. here's more: grasp is good, corrupting is good, ap is good, play a thousand games of him and you too can win 51% of your games like all the teemo superstars

None has denied that Teemo is a bad champion. What we were discussing were how to make a champion work despite not being the MLG pro choice. I assume discussing less played champions is allowed, judging by the Urgot fanfictions from previous threads.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Lol. Anyway, I'm enjoying playing Teemo again, and even if he's not an optimal choice in any games, he's still the champion with the most character in the game, and I enjoy salty top lane tears.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:

Tales of Woe posted:

what are people even playing top lane right now (assuming ekko is banne'd)(

Right now Maokai, Darius and Irelia are the most played top laners, while Ekko, Malphite and Graves are the most banned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Top lane bruiser Fizz still works too, I guess?

• Locked thread