Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Hi anyone who's interested in grouping w/ me to get me to 30 please add theladynaga thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
gently caress sorry it's "The Lady Naga" I'm stupid.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Tell me the best/most fun tank and jungle champs they're the two roles I've played the least.

e: Separately, not together.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Yeah I'm a few IP off from Naut and he's my first pick but options sound good.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm not even 30 yet, it's a horrible negative feedback cycle where I keep thinking that I should just go ahead and grind away to get to the fun part of the game but then I realize that to do so I'd have to play the unfun part.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

el dingo posted:

What server are you on?

North America.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

AHH FUGH posted:

eBay, "NA League of Legends level 30"

I'm 150 in the hole already I can't afford to buy from shady account resellers you nut.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

AHH FUGH posted:

lol They're a business, even some are automated. It's not some random guy selling his one account. Just look it up.

You spent 150 on an account that's not even 30 yet? Dayum son

Nah I owe the bank money. Let this be a lesson kids: send the bank their mail on time!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I'm not sure that I'd describe ranked as more "fun" than normal, exactly.

It's less about ranked and more about being able to do neat things with runes and masteries.

Like I don't even care that I'd probably do loving horrible with Tank Karma I just really want to try it out but I have a feeling it'd be nowhere close to as fun as it should be with only lovely tier 1 runes and a handful of masteries.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
How good is Vi r/n she seems cool.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I didn't get either of the roles I wanted so I panic picked Lissandra mid and now this game is fifty minutes and I just want it to be over so I can go back to playing Sona :negative:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Okay that game is finally over Jesus Christ it was fairly entertaining since it went back and forth for a while but I'm not the biggest mid mage fan so I'm glad it's over.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I really wish people would stop picking Yi in these sub-bronze games. I have yet to see a single Yi do his job properly.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Also the Yi fed a fair bit early game but later on he was basically our saving grace because the other guys weren't bothering to do Dragon/Baron so Yi scooped them all up.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Libertine posted:

These two things correlate.

Well yes that was my point? Yi sucks enough atm that I can't rely on someone picking him in these kinds of games to play well enough to compensate for it. I've seen more effective Jhins than I have effective Yis.

It's been so long since I started, do you still get one free champ after the tutorial?

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 23, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Libertine posted:

No I mean if you are accurately describing the skill level of the game you are playing (Sub-bronze level) then no one is doing their job properly, including Yi and the 9 other players. Those kind of games are basically cluster fucks decided by coin tosses.

Oh well actually I've found that a good mixture of FOTM broken champs and easy to play staples usually means you'll win.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

KicksYouInHalf posted:

That's true of all skill levels but it doesn't mean people are doing their jobs correctly.

Yeah but it's easier to flail around as Kog'Maw and still own people than it is to pick Yi and get broken in half.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's inherently contradictory to admit that certain champs are better than others based on mechanical factors instead of skill and then also say that they don't matter at all in a bracket where players need mechanical advantages to make up for a lack in skill.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I wish most junglers didn't require a leash because I'm demure as gently caress and hate asking people for anything.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Not in pre-30 unranked! Then again; there are rarely junglers in pre-30 anyway, it's all duo-mid-duo.

Kashuno posted:

Just ping the spot and say nothing
This is just non-verbal asking! What if they don't get the idea and I have to say something? :ohdear:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
That's not actively a terrible idea I will try this at some point.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'd also like to take the time to say that the Darkest Dungeon announcer mod owns owns owns and makes the game way more enjoyable.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Also it's dumb that the bots in private games won't leash because that's how I learn new champs so if I start tilting or gently caress my rotation up I can just start over again immediately but since they won't help me fight grom I end up having a much slower game than I would in reality & what's the use of practicing rotation and mechanics in that case?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Spiros posted:

You should probably, like, learn against people.

Taking a champ I know nothing about into a regular game and using abilities I know nothing about in a real game? Why, what could go wrong?

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Bot games are good for learning abilities and practicing CS'ing and stuff, but jungling is completely pointless. The whole point of jungling is that you aren't tied to a lane so you have to make a lot more on-the-fly decisions, none of which can be practiced against bots.

Jungling is actually the most important role for me to play against fake people because I have enough MOBA experience that I'm aware of how to play a mid/adc/tank but jungling in League is so entirely different from how it's done in DOTA that I'm still not solid on how the camps work.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Etrips posted:

Link / source?

https://www.reddit.com/r/darkestdungeon/comments/3b8jbt/darkest_dungeon_announcer_mod_for_lol/ the only problem is that a line is cut off so he goes "The cost of preparedness. Paid now in gold, later."

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Etrips posted:

in the en_US folder there isn't a "shared" folder. Any idea where it goes?

It changes around a ton from patch to patch, just search "Announcer_Global_Female1_VO_audio.wpk" in the base league folder, right click the result and "go to file".

I spent two hours making one myself before searching the net and finding that one already existed lol.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 25, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
PS I had no idea Jhin was Quinton Flynn I kinda want to buy him now just for that.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
In general I think most of League's cast is super boring but Jhin brings a lot of personality to the table.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's more the fact that I'd rather not have to commit to a 30+ minute game if I don't find the champ super interesting or rewarding or I'd rather start over with a different itemization/build.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Luna Was Here posted:

dude holy poo poo its literally a singular game in which a win or a loss means gently caress all and you move on and don't waste time on the champion later

arent you like sub30 too? most games ended before 30 minutes anyways

I don't care about the win or loss I literally just said that my issue is that I don't want to spend time doing something I don't like for longer than I have to.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Tequila Sunrise posted:

This might not be the game for you.

If the frustration is unavoidable then whatever I'll just queue again, but why would I willingly take a gamble on whether or not I'll enjoy a game when an alternative exists?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I actually enjoy League of Legends a lot, as a matter of fact.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

seizure later posted:

and yet you won't just play a normal game to get a hold on a champion where winning and losing are basically secondary to any experience you might gain. hmm. interesting.

I've played normal games.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Isn't jungle one of the highest supply solo queue roles?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
IDGI, are people transferring to Japanese servers people who live in Japan?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Fair enough, there were some people upthread talking about getting into the Japanese beta and registering streamer names so I figured dudes were next-level smurfing by playing in different regions.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Dear people who've played League a ton for years: are IP boosts worth it? TIA.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Holy poo poo there are so many Yis at this ELO.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I'm just gonna keep playing Garen I think because apparently nobody knows how to deal with a competent toplaner in Normals.

I'm very much dreading the day they stick me against people that know their poo poo because I'll get horribly crushed and the game's a lot more fun when I'm killing Teemo/Garen lanes and getting yelled at for roaming.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Mar 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Two games in a row I had someone claim top before me and there's this guy who keeps trying to jungle kog'maw in broken english, I'm tilting pretty hard r/n.

League of Legends: GOT A MAMA BOOTH

• Locked thread