Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

rabidsquid posted:

Do you not own enough champs to play draft

I'm level 17 and I tried waiting in Normal draft queue for like ten minutes multiple times before deciding that Blind was a better use of my time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

AHH FUGH posted:

I'm tellin' again ya man, it's like 10 bucks on eBay to get a level 30 account. It's worth it.

Do you wanna pay my debts?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

AHH FUGH posted:

You don't have like 20 bucks in change laying around that you can gather up and go to the store and get an eBay gift card? drat son how do you even eat

I mean I have money I just use it on things that are more important than videogames. Once I pay the bank back y'know it's all gravy.

Holy poo poo Japanese Nautilus is crazy.

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Mar 1, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Aw is Illaoi bad? I played against her and while I had no idea what her kit did and she got stomped all over she seemed kinda fun :smith:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Please tell me how to top lane Naut TIA

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

exethan posted:

max E W Q and build tank stuff and use your TP properly

against boring lanes use E to push the wave really hard and roam to midlane and use your ultimate on the midlaner for a free flash or kill

it's that easy!!

Do I harass with my E or do I just try and angle in and hit them with the anchor?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Honestly I almost miss the "stole Blizzard's design doc wholesale" look League used to have.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I have no idea how to use ZZ'Rot

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I've lost three games in a row now and I'm tilting pretty hard I got upset and yelled in the last game and now I feel horrible :ohdear:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
In my defense they were being really stupid. All the towers are down and nobody is on the map could they be doing Baron??? Nah time to ARAM.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

god bless, padawane.

I was fairly good at containing my rage in DOTA except when I was with friends and then I tried to look cool by insulting the bad players but really I was just covering up for my own insecurities :(

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Should I get ZZ'Rot/Banner on top Naut?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
When will I be able to play the elusive Top Kek

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
What exactly is the logic behind shoving your top opponent underneath their tower because I always thought it was advantageous to CS under your own tower since it prevents people from diving on you?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Well I finally broke my horrific losing streak and mostly carried the game :unsmith:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I am contemplating playing Akali top is there anything I should do/know specifically with her?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Lady Naga fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 5, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I won that game handily as Ak even though I poo poo the laning phase, then went 0/5 as Nidalee :cripes:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I should've just played Udyr but I'm like "nah Nidalee seems interesting let me hop into a game with zero prior knowledge of how she works I'm sure it's easy."

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I've yet to find a secondary role I really like. I loved playing mid in DOTA but for whatever reason I can't stand most AP casters in League. Jungle is something that's theoretically appealing to me as a shitter who'd rather farm a bunch and solo but the skill floor is much higher than most other lanes and I hate having to decide when to gank and when to farm. I used to really like support but it seems like it's getting harder and harder to find decent ADCs and I hate not being able to make the plays all by myself.

The free champ rotation this week sucks really bad too.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I really wish they'd fuckin' stop making the really cheap/early ones free rotation champs but I understand why they do it.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
By making the plays I mean boxing champs and winning.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
No!!!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
FWIW Teemo support is a surprisingly common occurance in very low ELO normals. In general "support" in low ELO normals means "I wanted to play solo but other people got the lanes first so now I have to take Exhaust on Nidalee and complain the entire time" but for some reason people love duo-botting with Teemo.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Daemonlasher posted:

Sweet, what's your IGN? I'll add you and ask for skype at some point, I can't do it this week (3 papers + midterm) but I will be starting up the following week. And it's all free of charge since I'm just starting up streaming and trying to get peeps to come hang out.

Hi I'm theladynaga please teach me how to get out of normals hell.

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Probably because you're doing blind pick. It becomes a lot less common once you do Dyanmic Queue.
Dynamic Queue normals suck because it's all parties making GBS threads on solos.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Alternatively give me the footage and I'll cut it for you because I have too much time on my hands.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Lately I've been matched a lot with people who are queuing with what I assume to be their friends, but like...They're not using voice comm together? So they refer to each other by first names in game chat and it's really weird and awkward. I don't want to know the names of megafeeders I might feel bad for hating them with a burning passion!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Guys help I...I think I love League :ohdear:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Kashuno posted:

Tried out that tank akali thing people are talking about.

:drat:

I know, right? I basically spent all day playing either Garen, Akali or Nautilus and I won most of my games.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I like Sivir because her champ portrait looks like she's gonna fall flat on her face in like two seconds.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Please tell me how to gank top as a jungle because they always just run away :saddowns:

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Verviticus posted:

who are you playing as? walk behind them and start autoing them and then use the abilities

the single most important thing about ganking imo (ignoring dives) is to hold your abilities unless they arent going to respond (like flash cocoon). you can gain a lot of ground by saving charges, stuns and whatnot until they've flashed or dodged themselves into a wall

As Amumu they just kind of trundle away after I bandage them.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I sure do love Wisp.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Libertine posted:

What's actually dumb is using a chat room any time after the 1990s.

Goons were still using ICQ at least until 2013, probably even longer.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Tales of Woe posted:

it's 2016 and IRC is still good, and cool

loving no.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Prokhor posted:

Get on discord, it's IRC for neckbeards

IRC is IRC for neckbeards though?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
That seems like the worst thing.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Amateur voice actors are pretty much the bane of my existence and if I could remove them all I'd do it without a second of hesitation.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
How is Thresh in this meta?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Daemonlasher posted:

Thresh is never not strong. Lantern is just such a crazy repositioning tool to have in a supports kit.

The question is, is it strong when people don't know wh at the gently caress it does?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

kingcobweb posted:

I don't know how to put this nicely, so, if you just hit 30 last week then you won't have any idea what Thresh does. The question isn't whether he's "strong" (he is), it's whether you can play him effectively. By all means, try him out when he's free, but he's the most complex support to play and it's not particularly close.

edit: sorry, you're not 30 yet. My mistake. The "meta" has absolutely no relevance to your games

It was mostly a theoretical question, I like knowing where people stand even if it's not relevant to me personally.

Also FWIW I own Thresh & have played him & he's cool and I like him.

• Locked thread