Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

Bholder posted:

Somebody please tell me why every rear end in a top hat bans Mundo, is he still OP, nobody ever picks him but he is banned in every game and I'm being yelled at for not banning him.

Why is he listed under D for Doctor and not M for Mundo? Doctor isn't his first name, it's a title. Also, Ms. Fortune should be under the f's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Bland posted:

There's a special place in hell for people who ban new champions in normals. Saw a guy ban Jhin then lock in Warwick, imagine the wretched type of person this man must be.

That's a time honored tradition! An offensive and defensive troll ban. I do it for the first week of champ release just because.

Aren't you posting on the Something Awful "grief em all and let God sort them out" forums?

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

The true Godyr strat is to level r and q equally, then throw in bear when it's time to gank. Throw a turtle in when it's time to dragon.

Bear around the jungle, then tiger right before you get to the camp. The global should be up by the time you hit the first creep then hit Phoenix and blow through the jungle.

Devourer into dmp or whatever. I'm bronze lord and that's how I play the judo hobo.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Fozzle posted:

I play a lot of Naut. It's all about picking idiots with your hook to start fights. Your hook range is quite large and people constantly don't respect it and like blitz you can turn around games with it. Unless your team is far ahead I wouldn't bother trying too hard to backline, because on a support budget you usually will die and then your carries will die. That said don't be afraid to be in the thick of things. Ult their carry/whoever is on their backline to disrupt them and likely their whole team, and then be an impenetrable barrier with your passive and riptide as people try to get past you to your carries.

Braum is more defensive but you can start fights with your ult or Q if you'd like. It's not the same effect as a hook. You don't benefit as much from being in the middle of poo poo as much as Naut does, as you don't have an absurd AoE slow, and if you aren't between their team and yours you can't get god tier shields off.

To expand on the Braum play. He's not an initiate tank. He's the guy that sits directly in front of your carry and blocks skill shots while tossing out Q's to hopefully get a slow on someone out of position that someone else can jump on.

If your team gets initiated on your job is to ult and then start showing as many people the back of your hand as you can. Spread the stun love.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Support Nautilus is super legit. He goes fight hard style and don't take no poo poo, only gives poo poo.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Mottie posted:

As someone who is starting to take all the tanky bruisers (namely shen and poppy but also nautilus) in both the top and support role, how would you say a top lane tank like nautilus is different than a support nautilus in terms of role and items bought? (Beyond the obvious sightstone and locket for support)

As a support naut, you don't get much beyond the locket. You have to leave slots open for SS and pink wards. So SS, targons, boots, pink, locket, then either Sunfire or DMP. I'd suggest DMP until they nerf it. Maybe sell targons later, but I like the shield active.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Jungle items have to be garbage otherwise laners would take them. We all know how stupid runeglaive Ezreal was. So they either suck and give okay stats or be good and have ridiculous requirements like having to kill a bunch of jungle monsters.

Same thing with support items. If it's any good then regular roles take the item and powerhouse around with it.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

RoA is a bad idea on Morgana. You really want that golden idol to get your ult off. FQC into Zhonya's is the best. Morellos is acceptable though.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

ROA is a good item. I'd rather have something else on morgana though. I'll give it a shot the next time I play her mid.

I guess I just think Zhonya's is all the defense I need to get in there and finish my ult.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

It pleases me when I can place a pink ward when I see an enemy taking out the one I already had in place. No gold for you, sucker.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Libertine posted:

I've honestly never done that. I can see how it would lead to errors though since you have to stretch your left hand diagonally and skip over all of your actually useful keys to execute the maneuver.

Just rebind it. My laugh is bound to middle mouse button and mastery is bound to one of my thumb buttons.

A one touch salt button.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Servaetes posted:

but what about the research on putting tacquitos in the oven versus the microwave? do you have any notes for me at this time?

The microwave is fine if you like soggy bullshit. The rest of us like to fully cook our food like men who walk upright.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Jeezy petes! Four people on my team got an S rank. Slacker Jinx.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

http://plays.tv/video/5715ecb1a770dfbf51/pro-vlad-teleport

This vlad has the sickest teleport strats NA.

step 1: step into plain view
step 2: Start to tele
step 3: Get full combo'd and ignited by Talon
step 4: die horribly a split second after you arrive

Edit: http://plays.tv/video/5715eebb3551e0104e/vlad-making-plays From the other end.

The Missing Link fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Apr 19, 2016

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Wrong. This is the most anime experience in league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bOy77iqH9E

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Tired Moritz posted:

zyra is disgusting

If she had a passive she'd be unstoppable.

Or like 1.5 Teemos in range.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

One for All mode completely blows when not on the murderbridge.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

http://plays.tv/video/573ba5df2970315cae/the-triple-kill-turn-around-lets-go-boys-

:boom: Praise the sun!

I got robbed at the end though.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

If a Fizz with red buff that's on top of someone with no escape can't out burst the support Leona they don't deserve the kill.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

For your AD punch guys supports like Leona, I've been running flat AD reds. Nobody expects that damage when a cow slaps you in the face.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

If you know what you're doing you could probably support as any champion in the game.

Also, PP Leona is a great skin, but I'm disappointed in how scrawny she looks. Her arms should be jacked from carrying around that sword and board. But where's my Gravelord Leona where she carries around a coffin lid, Riot?

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Kashuno posted:

I don't trust you because you said I might be able to do jungle Taliyah and that was THE WORST IDEA

TBF, you DID jungle Taliyah. You just did really poorly. That's not on me.

Anybody can go into the haunted forest and poke the stoner bros, but some champs have an easier time than others.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

His Q is getting a 25% damage increase if you hit more than 1 on a single target. His R is getting a 5% increase at all ranks but they're hitting his AD ratio by half.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

After 7 years I can finally see if my FWOTD bonus is available without having to dig in my profile or look at match history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

They should just make another trinket slot but it works just like pink ward does now.

• Locked thread