Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Whoo my goodness the jungle kogmaw too OP for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Luna Was Here posted:

naw man, you just werent high enough skill to know how to play around it

Oh we played around it nicely, that was the other teams jungler

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Locking an important person on the enemy team down, putting them into yours, and then getting true resistance is actually pretty decent

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

busb posted:

i now play on servers where i have 20ping instead of 280ping, it makes quite a difference.
Played a ranked placement the other day with a jungle amumu who started heal/flash and no smite, and double downed on his idiocy by starting boots. he cleared 2 camps in about 5 minutes.

I've done that before in a ranked 5s game when me and our jungler forgot to swap champions

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1626130123/48788865?tab=overview

Turns out it's okay...

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Sexpansion posted:

Warlord's bloodlust, right?

Warlord's Bloodlust is awful on everyone except like 2 champions, I can't imagine it's better Thunderlords

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Mikujin posted:

Riot fixed all the problems with solo queue with this new innovative system that does nothing. Why have hover picks if your team can still ban them? :riot:

Because maybe you don't want to chance the guy who's last pick hovering over a contested power will get it before the enemy team's first pick

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Nunu support hasn't been good in a really long time

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Blood boil on your carry/snowball on the enemy carry is better than some champions could bring to bot lane. But you could also play him in the jungle and do the same thing

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Guides are a really outdated way of learning a champion, especially since things change so much. Just go to champion.gg or probuilds for runes/masteries/items and then watch a stream or a VOD of someone in high elo play that champion

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Dude has such a weak early game, play literally any champion that's strong then

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Maybe when real soloqueue comes out

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
No...

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Bring back burst mage gragas

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Lovechop posted:

someone link the kerp barrel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0R-KHY0yXgI

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
rip kerp, the man who smoked idiots with a trackball

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I wasn't being ironic

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Yeah, he can lose. Literally play any champion with engage and an adc with some kill pressure and he's worthless

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Gibberish posted:

Yeah man that guy who easily got 3 challenger NA accounts and a challenger EUW account and is really funny and nice and unsalty is definitely a waste of my time to watch, good lookin out homie

Are you really this dumb

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It was easier when her Q was a toggle that added slows to her autos for mana

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Draktharr Noir is going to be a strong item

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Just press Q immediately after pressing W and he'll knock them up the moment he gets in range

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
You didn't build boots and got caught

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
You'd think so but in the games i've played today he still seems to attract the uniquely kind of lovely players that play devourer junglers who manage to both be outfarmed and outganked by the enemy jungler!!

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
poo poo's broken, patch sucks

get rid of xin

I really dont know what goes on in minds of the riot balance department half the loving time

henkman fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Feb 11, 2016

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Ap xin has always had stupid amounts of healing, it's the free crit for no reason that makes him really strong

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I won a 4v5 when one of the people I queued with could not connect for reason after getting a new harddrive and afterwards the other team's ADC said "I don't know what to say" and I said "I do: uninstall :grin:"

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Don't think they have a date yet but I'm slightly less excited for them now that they've said how often you they drop

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
You get a chest when either you or someone you've queued with gets an S(-/+) rank. Once per week, per champion, per season. So you can get at most 4 a month. Not great

And we don't really know how rare keys will be

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Janna and nautilus are really good

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Coca Koala posted:

After finally having enough of random teams bitching at me that "We need a tank" when I pick Sona, and then having top, mid, and jungle go 0/5, 07, and 0/3 before they FF at twenty for "GG no tank", I bought Braum and Nautilus.

How the hell do I play a tank? I'm used to waiting in the back for somebody else to initiate, unless my team is RIGHT THERE and I have an opportunity to hit like three or four people with the Sona ult. I generally understand how Braum and Naut work in laning (be a pest, try to harass the enemy, make sure I have targon stacks when the cannon minion comes, swear at my ADC for not letting me execute the cannon minion), but what am I supposed to be doing in teamfights? Hanging out on the front lines, soaking up damage, until I have an opportunity to hook or ult somebody important?

Are their carries stronger than yours? Try to disrupt them and generally make their life hard.

Are your carries stronger than theirs? Sit on their face and keep them safe

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
You can also qss yasuo ult. It doesn't stop you from taking the damage but it lets you start to get away from him while he's locked in the animation

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Are there any seriously bad matchups for Xin top right now? I've been playing with reasonable success although he does have the obvious get hosed with no mobility if ganked issue. I think Poppy might be annoying but otherwise he seems to own in the top lane

Malphite is probably a rough matchup, just like he is for any mostly physical melee that scales with attack speed

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Crazy Larry posted:

Malph is actually one of Xin's better matchups because you can all in him early on before Malph's armor stacking really kicks in. Poppy, Riven, Cho and Shen are all pretty rough matchups for Xin because they have ways to play around his aggression. Vlad is apparently a really bad matchup for him too, though it seems rather counter-intuitive.

Champion.gg and my personal experiences disagree with this post, but ymmv

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Crazy Larry posted:

Hmm... yeah, looking at the stats you're right. Still, according to champion.gg top Xin has a 46% overall win rate, so I guess the answer to if he has bad matchups is yes, he has lots of them.

Yeah, also it's still fairly early in the patch and it looks like most people who play xin top don't have many games on him in the first place

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Luna Was Here posted:

to the kanye haters from last page: you can hate on kanye as a person all you want but calling his music bad because its not a 90's rapper or 60's rock or w/e is just lol

I think you're making a lot of assumptions here

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I always loved when I could buy qss before, since it was a defensive item that became an offensive item. Then they buffed to be even better with the itemization reworks and buddy, you better believe I liked that

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

Top lane is incredible until the heinous coward the jungler shows up to save the dipshit top laner on the other team

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
dirty dirty udyr players

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
He's strong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It was a simpler time back then

• Locked thread