Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

GoldenSeraph posted:

So you're saying I should nut the gently caress up and get my placements done and over with already?

yup, its silver or bronze either way so might as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Zaodai posted:

I've been playing support recently for my games after work, because it's relaxingly mindless down in the shitter ranks where I play. Every time I pick Sona, the carry always complains. "But I play aggressive, Sona is worthless!"

Does nobody build her Q up at low MMR or something? It's amazing harass and the range is pretty safe in most situations. Plus power chord is great. Mash Q -> Press Ignite -> Get Money.

Sona is hyper aggressive and low MMR players are dumb as poo poo. A power chord Q can delete an ADC who is out of position

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

"Why would you ever ban Graves lololol"-Bronze

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

bans matter at every level

edit: You have to assume everyone is bad and letting a champ go through that can punish everyone on your team for every mistake is just asking to lose

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

In bronze I think you just ban the easier to play high winrate champs, especially if they're tanky. I bet Malphite would be the strongest bronze champ atm. Junglers who do well with farm seem pretty good too, since people CS worse down there. I think that's why Master Yi has had a reign of terror for so long

Bltizcrank is always a good champ to ban because you don't want to rely on anyone being able to not get hooked.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

i get all my hot rap tips from 18 year old white boys

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Oh cool make rear end holes who afk farm take even longer to come out the jungle...

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

it doesn't help that every person who makes newbie guides on youtube tells people to never surrender because you never know! Which is bullshit because being down 15 kills at 25 minutes and missing an inhib means the game is over unless you somehow manage to drag that poo poo on 40 more minutes trying to poorly backdoor.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

BigLeafyTree posted:

New players may not have the best sense for when a game is winnable or a completely beyond hope disaster, and playing out games is a good learning experience. I don't mind surrendering games that are beyond salvation barring the leading team AFKing for 10 minutes, but some people seem to only want to play if they're winning and torpedo morale by spamming surrender and complaining otherwise.

That's all fine and good, but if you are new, you are probably not good enough to reverse a losing game. And its one thing if the vote is 1/4 because someone is rage surrendering. But being the one hold out in a 3/2 game is dumb because that means over half your team has given up and if you were good enough to drag around 4 corpses you wouldn't be in bronze in the first place.

New people understand if no one on their team has a positive score and are down multiple towers to none that the game will take 50+ minutes of unbearable slog to turn around. It is all about time investment over results.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Safety Scissors posted:

For normals it's probably better to surrender, but anyone who's really interested in getting a higher rank should always slog it out.

Why?

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

K8.0 posted:

The extreme popularity of NA LCS despite Rivington pretty well proves that nobody gives a gently caress about casters anyway.

Pretty much this. They are getting paid a lot of money relative to the value they bring to the event. No one gives a poo poo about who is calling a match unless they are nasally and awful. As long as their voice is decent, their analysis and everything else is meaningless to most viewers.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Lady Naga posted:

Did that last time everyone decided to swoop in and peck at me, didn't really work.

Maybe because you manage to be the worst goddamn poster in this entire thread, which is a feat in itself.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Methanar posted:

When I post is it really like reading Naga's posts?

I'm so sorry.

Nah, because despite your unfortunate facial hair situation, you are kind of good at this game and offer some insight to get better.

Naga just goes on and on and doesn't say anything of value and decides to type a lot of words about poo poo that doesn't matter.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

As a Lux player I get giddy when I see I am laning against a Zed because they are usually trash

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

dont worry they will tune the poo poo out of her and make her like bard was after his fix in like 2 months

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

This Youmuu/duskblade build on Miss Fortune is really satisfying

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Radical posted:

i like that you checked his profile first to make sure he wasnt really good at support yasuo

Sometimes you find some hilarious poo poo on a profile search. "17-0 as support Dr. Mundo. Well, okay I guess!?"

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

dont pick lucian, he feels like poo poo now.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

The secret to climbing is mechanics and map awareness, but beyond that is learning how to lead a team.

This doesn't just mean giving orders in chat or pinging, but forcing fights when you know you can win, or herding your squad into pushing towers, taking objectives, etc.

Put people on your back if you are that much better than everyone in the game. If not, go back to working on mechanics and map awareness until you are.

edit: Also, don't pick out of meta champs if you aren't good enough with meta ones.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

They only found 25% of people they let go were also assholes in game. This whole study is a complete waste of time and money, which isn't surprising I guess.

Riot waste resources and man hours on some of the dumbest poo poo.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

No matter how many times we ask, he won't so it's a waste of time

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

He probably meant clarity and you guys probably knew that but were looking to make a sick burn

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

How awful do you have to be to get perma banned Jesus Christ dude

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Gives you more time to tryhard in FYAD I guess

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

pog boyfriend posted:

please do not troll my friend or i will be forced to use my blade.

Your friend is a little GBS on the forums. Sorry :(

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

whatever happen to that dude who wrote nothing but kenin related furry poo poo

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

oh man you got me

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

henkman posted:

Did it plummet because people are using old-new builds on his new-old kit?

Probably. Seen some streamers reverting to old builds and he is still pretty strong

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

The Dregs posted:

Anyone have any good Sona tips for an idiot trying to claw his way out of b5?

Use Q infused Power Chords on the ADC when they go in to last hit back row minions. Don't be too aggressive against supports with lockdowns like leona or braum or blitz.

Be as aggressive or passive as your ADC indicates. Going hard in the paint while your Ashe is gingerly last hitting is a good way to get yourself and them on tilt.

Ward aggressively through the entire game, not just during laning phase. Help your jungle secure dragons during mid and barons during late with good warding.

Post a replay for more specific stuff :)

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Schiavona posted:

Play Zyra instead

At Bronze 5 it is almost a guarantee this guys problem is not champ selection, but mechanics and game vision. Playing Zyra adds too much extra to the laning phase. Sona is a good champ because her mechanics are simple, with the only thing you have to keep up with is power chords. Bad Zyra play leads to over pushed lanes and pissed off ADCs.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I wanna say one thing about Bronze, as someone who has spent a lot of time in Bronze playing support, is that most players at that level spend too much time worrying about their lane phase mechanics.

Every Bronze game starts out like a typical League game at any level, except the last hitting and trades are dumber. However, once that first tower goes down, it turns into a clown fiesta.

Bronze games devolve into ARAM around the mid game, with people occasionally over extending and getting caught in the outer lanes. Objective control is non-existent. As a support, you can mitigate this poo poo fest by keeping tabs on dragon/baron timers and warding appropriately. Also, you can keep your dumbass teammate who is split pushing past the river alive by warding that side of the map to give them some vision to maybe escape the 4 people coming to gank them.

Force teamfights with your ult if the odds look in your favor. A lot of Bronze ADCs will wander off on their own and if you see theirs missing while your whole team is there, mash that Ult and lets loving go.

Vermain posted:

The counterpoint to this is that Leona also requires solid game knowledge about when an appropriate time to engage is, especially during laning phase, because it's real easy to see what looks like a golden opportunity, leap for it, and find yourself alone in the middle of 4 enemies.

Yea, I think play someone else is generally bad advice. At that level, you can play any character and win as long as they are in the proper role. If he is comfortable with Sona, he can spend more time worrying about what is happening in the game and less on what buttons do what.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Mystery Prize posted:

Yeah I definitely don't get how ranked flex works, at all. Most of my team last game was high gold/low plat, and they had a duo of a diamond 2 lee and a Diamond 1 anivia, who completely shitstomped us into the ground.

Sidenote: I'm really loving tired of playing against Lee. Getting no counterplay'd 100 > 0 is incredibly tilting.

My mmr is in mid silver on flex queue and I ended up getting a mix of golds and a bronze V on my team vs a plat, a smattering of silvers on the other team. It is a complete clown fiesta.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

And if your MMR is high enough you will get 25+ points a match for a win. That is where I am right now. So you can blow through a division in 6 games if you win.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

like every thing else about the league rank system: its real dumb

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

I want every champ to have an ult like Veigar that just deletes me for not having enough MR or health.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Addamere posted:

I used the builds on champion.gg but I've heard people here say not to just rely on those. How do you folks recommend building Vi?

It depends on the game and the situation, just like every other champion.

NA.op.gg has some good ideas on what to build on her. Sometimes you need to be tankier, sometimes you need to be bruiser, sometimes you need to be almost assassin like. Depends on what your team is needing

• Locked thread