Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Is it possible to save the advanced details of previous games? Like the html one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Zaodai posted:

Go to your match history, click the game in question -> click "View on the web".

EDIT - Oh, save it? You could probably just save a copy of the webpage I guess. Or screenshot it? I dunno. Seems an odd request.

Like to keep track of my pentas :)

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

It's a long, long story, but basically, Blizzard has been reluctant to change obviously broken aspects of the meta for very long periods of time, resulting in an incredibly stagnant meta that persists for months. They've gotten a bit better about it lately, but it's still bad, and they basically ruined competitive SC2 this way.

This is completely out of step with what the SC and SC2 pros say. Brood War is still one of the most well-respected examples of balance in games. The game can feel unbalanced when playing in the lower leagues, but that's true with any competitive game.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Endorph posted:

it isn't about 'leash this for me or ill die!!' it just lets you have the option of ganking earlier without being kinda low and is a safety net for if you get invaded or see a chance to invade.

I play Nocturne and Amumu and can't make a full clear without going back to base on either of them, and that's with a leash.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

Delete runes from the game.

Also masteries. There are very few things I like about Dota, but the ability to jump in game, pick a champ I've never played, and know that I (theoretically) have the same potential as any pro player is a really nice thing to have. Too often I have to stop and say, "Can't give this champ a try, I didn't put the time into building a rune page and selecting masteries." I usually have to spend at least 15 minutes on champion.gg before I'm comfortable with choosing a champ build, but in Dota I can just open up a mobafire build guide and run with it.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Radical posted:

the idea of runes and talents giving people meaningful choices is nice but in practice flat stat bonuses are never gonna work out and even this most recent rework of them largely feels like a failure at this point and im not sure how they would go about salvaging it. the keystones are fun and change the way you play somewhat and having more things like that and less "you do 6 more damage" would be a good start.

I think the real issue is that they'd be virtually impossible to remove. They asked too many people to invest their IP into runes and runepages to remove them now. Masteries could go without too much complaint I think.
I wouldn't mind seeing keystones stick around, they'd essentially be a passive summoner skill at that point.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Safety Scissors posted:

The report system has always punished a very small percent of the players. I'm not sure what the exact amount was/is, but I doubt it's higher than 3. If you're saying Lyte was no where nearly aggressive enough in punishing players, then yeah, I agree completely The thing is, I'm not certain he actually had control over what portion of the players got certain punishments. My biggest beef with Lyte is that I'm not sure what he did besides putting in the word filter in the two or three years he was in his position.

I just want the system to take ragequitters half a seriously as they take people who say a naughty word reserved for adult use only.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Endorph posted:

miyazaki is an old-rear end hack and the guy who made an anime movie about him being a bitter fucktard was right

porco rosso is good though

What movie was made about him being a bitter fucktard?

Anyway Mononoke and Porco are his two worst films by a very large degree so idk why anyone is even disucssing them

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Safety Scissors posted:

I think you should disregard most of everything Lbertine says. I don't actually play support or Nami much, but I've gotten her quite a few times in aram, and you can sure as hell bet I roll ap.
Here are a few tips
1. You don't upgrade your boots. This is just awkward. You want cdr boots.
2. Just get the eye item in SR. You'll really need that extra slot when picking up components for your ap items
3. You want ardent censer, instead of the grail. More healing, more ap. Done
4. Your needlessly large rod item should be ludden's echo. As Libertine mentioned nami's ap scaling kind of sucks, but with this bad boy abilities scale 10% of ap harder. Don't forget that 100 base damage.
5. Grab a lich bane. This will cap of your cdr and help you deal consistent damage.
6. You really don't have room for a deathcap. Should you ever actually get to the point where you can build a sixth item, chances are voidstaff will be better.

What about getting both Censer and Grail? Those plus Frost Queen's Claim gives you max CDR, and they seem like they'd work pretty well together. It's still not ideal I guess, since you're probably going to buy Locket, and then you're just wasting the CDR, plus you likely don't need all that MR. Still, I might try it one day for fun.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Libertine posted:

If you get Censer and Grail you probably won't build Locket, you'll need another tank/utility champion on your team to do it (which, good luck in solo queue).

I like that build together if you are snowballing and you can get the Grail done really quickly. Also the 20% in one slot gives you a free item slot for some vanity poo poo. But an overall build of Blue Eye / Censer / Grail feels good until about mid-game and then really sort of falls off and you don't have any utility actives for team fights. If your team looks like they can close the game out around 30-35 minutes I don't think that build has any real problems. Later than that though you run into the territory of you're liable to get one shot by almost anything.

Since you don't need more CDR, you can build mobi boots instead of lucidity, and try to roam early on, too. I still want Frost Queen's Claim, though, that item is ridiculous.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Frost Queen's is also one of extremely few items that will reveal stealthed champs, too.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

a medical mystery posted:

It won't go after a stealthed champion, but if it catches someone before they stealth they will be subject to the true sight debuff for a long time.

Pretty sure it goes after stealthed champions.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Riot has the mindset that people don't like playing ugly monster champions, but they never seem to connect the dots that those "ugly" champs have some lovely buggy skill sets and 40% win rates for years, usually because they ended up nerfed a week after the one time they were used in competitive, like urgot.

Reading the new backstory on yorick just now and

and literally just a little bit further down.

Riot is not known for consistency
How many times have they rewritten the lore, now?

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Riot is awesome at ruining cool characters. First Trundle now Yorick Mori.

I'm still upset they ruined Heimerdinger. I loved the old one so much.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Neurolimal posted:

i'd just be happy if his turrets weren't so incredibly laughable again

I liked the rockets. Such a simple mechanic, and yet people would constantly screw up and get in your range with only two minions in the way. Something about snowballing with the most terrible character in the game was incredibly fun.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Bholder posted:

Is there any remake where the new version was better than the old one?

Will somebody speak up about how they ruined old Kayle ages ago?

*insert post about Gangplank's E no longer killing friendly minions*

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

no, like five people play the game.

And somehow I get them in every game. What are the odds?

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Servaetes posted:

Neck yourself? Christ that's weak for pent up rage

I don't even know what it means.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

I'll be honest, I don't see where racism is involved.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Does he drink with his feet?

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Argona posted:

I hope the new champ is a direct port of nature's prophet

I want it to be a direct port of Treant Protector.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Well, they did say they'd be slowing new development in favor of cleaning up their "technical debt", and they do seem to have slowed new development at least. I don't know what evidence we'll ever see of the latter, they may well have already cleaned up some.

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Poulpe posted:

Technical debt suuuuucks, and it's not really something the end user usually sees or notices.
In a way, attacking the new client by going "gently caress this hot mess, let's start from scratch rather than updating and fixing it" is taking on tech debt, though. And as you can see, it takes forfucking ever.

Technical debt usually refers to things like poor architectural decisions made previously, often that valued development speed over maintainability. Usually, starting over from scratch is both the most effective, and the most lengthy method of eliminating technical debt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero The Hero
Jan 7, 2009

Sexpansion posted:

More star guardian skins!

I was really hoping for a 1080p non-jpg version of this. Anyone know where one is?

• Locked thread