Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I'm happy with page 2, last time round I think I skipped 500 pages. Now I can shitpost from the ground floor. Will this thread also be full of winsome goon pics?

I saw my first streamed game last night (element vs origin) and now I really want poppy. 450 ip for what looks like a pretty fun champ - I even had fun being killed by her when I rocket jumped tristana straight into her zone thing. I just cracked up laughing as the jump just abruptly stopped right at the crest.

First page crashes my phone every time unfortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

It might sound like I'm lying, but I actually won a game as Singed yesterday.

Urgot is free this week, you know what you have to do

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Urgot is legitimately good though.

I got Monday off work and I'm thinkin I'm gonna spend it getting re-acquainted with the crab man. He's so underplayed at my level I think no-one really knows his deal and I'm gonna hit lvl 2 and shove crab claws down their throat until they leave the lane.

Is he still more or less the same as he was at release? As in you hit em with the gas and then all the claws are homing?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I think the most amazing part of that gif is seeing a yasuo flash to save a teammate

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Someone had to break the ice

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Lovechop posted:

hello thread

Man I'd run some hybrid pen runes on that if you know what I mean

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

blah_blah posted:

You don't want to copy blue build Ez -- the sheen and lifesteal items are pretty suboptimal. The best items would likely be some combination of

Manamune, Black Cleaver, Ghostblade, Maw, IBG/FH, Death's Dance, Sterak's Gage, and swifties/tabis/mercs.

Yeah I looked up a couple of guides and that's more or less the run of it. With so much armour shred in the age of juggernaut, I'm surprised to not see him more often. Guessing it's cos of that kinda weird ult?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Typically it's some German dude I queue with complaining about fiora, really relaxes me and puts me in the zone

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

I like this champ already

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Had 2 games today where I had the most wins on my team (a staggering 183) and the lowest on their team was 500. Others were 1k or more. One of my guys was lvl 27

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Someone asked earlier about shen support: The new sword mechanic stuff takes a bit of getting used to, particularly in regards to his new W. Stopping the adcs autos on your adc can obviously be a big game changer but you kinda have to try set up the position of the sword ahead of time.

Other stuff: I found myself running out of energy more than usual, so think before you Q as his other 2 standard abilities will probably be of more use.

Taunt has a long cool down so it's probably worth maxing first. He still has the same problem of finding CDR without wasting stats

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
More shen support chat: Once you acquire a FoTM and locket, there will be an absurd amount of shields every teamfight. It just didn't seem right how long I survived with 150hp

el dingo fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 1, 2016

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Darth Windu posted:

I mean shen
How do I build him tho? Like old Shen with sunfire?

I watched a youtube fella starting dorans blade, built titanic hydra first, then sunfire followed by a maw and he was wrecking it. I got bored soon after but I imagine after those you would get DMP and whatever.

Guessing you'd take grasp for keystone.

I wish his sword actually did at least a small portion of damage when it passes through people, I keep finding myself positioning it so that I hit multiple champs. Looks cool but achieves nothing. Also it should make a totally cool sound when it hits people

el dingo fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 1, 2016

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Mikujin posted:

Riot fixed all the problems with solo queue with this new innovative system that does nothing. Why have hover picks if your team can still ban them? :riot:

Maybe you've just lost 4 games on the trot, you join a new game and your jungler declares their intention to pick Lux. You better believe I'm banning Lux

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

CubeTheory posted:

I played the weirdest game of League I've ever played last night. As Morgana support I had a kill at 1 minute and then I had 6 kills and zero deaths at 6 minutes. Ended 13/3/9 at 23 minutes. I'm still not even sure what happened.

Dunno how you play your morg support there buster but the standard is to make it clear to your ADC within 2 minutes that you will be carrying this lane

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Rango is still gonna be permaban in normals for months

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
EUW be trippin

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Got in, queued up, everyone complaining about lag, our top J4 dc's pretty quick, 3 of their team mysteriously never shows their face again.

Push all the way to base to get this over with and see the enemy trundle smack a creep and then just disappears.

Lane partner blitz happy with the situation until post game lobby where he apparently didn't get IP

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

rabidsquid posted:

I would be so stoked to end up with a support on my team who finishes the game with the most damage and maybe ends up with a sight stone

Sometimes necessary - our ADC decided to go thresh, so our support took Annie and decided to carry the lane 11/1.

Whole time Thresh was complaining about Annie stealing all the kills but you didn't see anyone else complaining...

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Yeah the main reason I play support/jungle is a flat out refusal to learn how to play League of Legends, the only game I play.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Very brave, not many would admit to being 69 online

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
poo poo they shaved like 50 damage off each rank of Graves' Q.

Dunno why they added a delay to it when it hits terrain too - the counterplay is stay away from walls but I guess we will see how long the delay is

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Won't be able to play the new patch until tomorrow but I'm guessing the bans should be xin, talon and zed at the moment? Looks like graves got dumpstered pretty hard, I've barely seen the frog since last patch and rango is poo poo again.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I dunno, with this new dagger should I even bother playing tomorrow or am I just going to be blown up every 2 minutes.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Thread is tilting a bit more than usual folks. I'd say she's at a 38 degree angle. This patch makes for choppy waters

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Seems there's a lot of people who can fiora here - how do you lane against her, specifically with poppy? I've just started top more often and found her a hard matchup. Anyone worth their salt just ripostes my Q and then goes to town on me. If I manage to get some damage in she seems to have enough sustain to regain it pretty easily.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Coca Koala posted:

How the hell do I play a tank? I'm used to waiting in the back for somebody else to initiate, unless my team is RIGHT THERE and I have an opportunity to hit like three or four people with the Sona ult. I generally understand how Braum and Naut work in laning (be a pest, try to harass the enemy, make sure I have targon stacks when the cannon minion comes, swear at my ADC for not letting me execute the cannon minion), but what am I supposed to be doing in teamfights? Hanging out on the front lines, soaking up damage, until I have an opportunity to hook or ult somebody important?

More or less. Don't take damage unnecessarily though, just cos you're a tank doesn't mean you should go shoving your face into every skillshot headed your way.

The hard part of tanking is that everyone will (should, at least) follow your lead for getting into a scrap, which will end 1 of 3 ways:

- you get off all your CC well, maybe a couple of times. You limp away from the fight with your ADC a bit more fed.

- you die, but your team does pretty well out of the deal.

- the most common: no-one follows and you die alone.

It's a thankless job, just stick with Sona

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

exethan posted:

I'm a drat noob and will be buying qss more often

I reckon too many leave it until their last item, at which point the enemy toplaner has already turned into an unstoppable monster due to being fed on a squishy adc who can't break CC. Then they lose a team fight and whoops there goes the nexus

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
I started playing vermintide as I thought I was done with league. How wrong I was. Gotta get that sweet IP, gosh I'm so bored of Alistar but Nautilus looks fun :negative:

Feel a bit guilty as my brother bought it for me for Christmas.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Alternatively: Get nautilus, take any position, stand next to people.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Lady Naga posted:

Tell me the best/most fun tank and jungle champs they're the two roles I've played the least.

e: Separately, not together.

Nautilus and Nautilus.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Poppy is also 450 IP, fun, and can fit 3 roles.

Also Trundle isn't too much IIRC, biting people and braining them with a club is also a fun thing to do

I feel you tho, grinding IP sucks especially when you first hit 30

el dingo fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Feb 19, 2016

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Lady Naga posted:

I'm not even 30 yet, it's a horrible negative feedback cycle where I keep thinking that I should just go ahead and grind away to get to the fun part of the game but then I realize that to do so I'd have to play the unfun part.

What server are you on?

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
That makes me curious - how much have you spent on LoL, goons? I've only dropped £20 on this account. I had another years ago, I don't think Oceania server existed then so I have no idea where the account is or if it even exists anymore but I think I spent around 100 on that one. I miss pink Taric and matador alistar badly

I want skins damnit but I'm such a dirty poor.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Don't live there anymore, I'm on an EUW account now that I made years ago shortly after moving here. Stopped for a couple of years, when I went to recover my current account a few months ago it was the only one showing up tied to my email.

E: I dunno maybe I should email support about it and move it to OCE for the rare occasions I'm home but :effort:

el dingo fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Feb 19, 2016

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

Riot needs tags in game to identify you filthy league hobos

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

A cool drat horse posted:

Is league still popular. I haven't played in like 6 or 7 months now and I'm starting to feel an itch again

Hello brother, I just got the itch after a 10 month break myself. Last night I jumped on. Took me 2 mins to find a game on EUW, so not bad.

I went for a chilled out Morg support to get me back into the flow. Before minions, our jungle graves reveals he forgot smite, quits the game. Everybody spends the rest of the game yelling at each other, I feel warm and fuzzy inside. An unopposed rengar wrecks my poo poo. Classic stuff.

Also the jungle is all weird. Every time I come back they've hosed with the jungle, I always find it very intimidating so I usually leave it a couple of months before I brave it in a bot game.

Oh yeah hi again everyone, game still poo poo, etc etc

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Gonna be around a lot over the next week, no work till next year. I'm in euw as dingus khan if anyone needs a poo poo support to drunkenly charge into fights

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Is this discussion actually happening?

Also I'm super poo poo at mid, I went 6/15 with ahri vs kat. It was so bad, there is someone probably complaining about me on reddit right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
There's been 5 champs released since I last played, is it weird that I haven't seen a single one of them in a game yet? Last for me was Jihn btw

• Locked thread