Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Neurolimal posted:

leblanc is a turd and i hope i never have to see protozed ever again until she gets a galioesque rework where she becomes a mirror lady and throws skillshot mirrors

And her Ultimate is just Aegis Reflector.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Teikanmi posted:

One of the guys on my team banned our mid pick's Zed out of muscle memory, mid locks in Yasuo, I check op.gg

Happy to eat the 3 LP

Small sample sizes ahoy.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

gently caress Jayce. He's such a cancer champion, I'd rather face a billion Camille's than that rear end in a top hat.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Boxman posted:

Aaaaaand now ranked is down. I hope whatever is causing all this fuckery is at least amusing. "We accidentally pushed patch 3.4 to half the live servers. The disagreement caused crashes."

"We all got drunk and vomited in the servers. Again. Our bad, Mondays are a bit rough."

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Don't you have to drop more than a full division in MMR to fall out of Gold 5 or Silver 5? Like to fall out of Gold your MMR has to be Bronze 1.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Teikanmi posted:

I mean I've been demoted out of diamond 5 before and when I was demoted I was in a game with all Plat 2-3-4 division players.

Gold and below operates under more lenient rules, and has for a few seasons.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

iSurrender posted:

No, Riot's "you have to hit S5 MMR to drop out of G5" etc was straight up misinformation..
I've dropped back out of gold twice and both times my games were full of ~S3 players.

And people in Bronze 1 would also face mid silvers and yet are not silver.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I'm fine with telling the enemy team how /remake works, because it's not really their fault. That's just reminding people of the rules.

Refusing to end because you don't "deserve" to win is either enormously trolly (more likely) or incredibly stupid. If you make their nexus blow up, you deserved to win. That's how the entire game works.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Luna Was Here posted:

Gamer pride dictates all victories must be honorable 1 v 1 battles fought to the end, smh @ bushido-less fools who think they're allowed to win anything else

Sweep the leg! :argh:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Tired Moritz posted:

very nice for the toxic darkness to cover his junk

It burned it off. Such is the price of power!

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

That's just what the game needs. More people with a reason to play Lee Sin, perpetual Jungle God because pros like him.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Orv posted:

Actually I'm pretty sure the non-cynical answer is the old writing sucked on fire and they wanted an excuse to ditch it. poo poo excuse, mind you.

The old writing had Udyr being a homeless man Lee Sin trained in kung fu as a joke and Gragas being a guy who opened his own distillery because he had already caused massive fights and dodged on his tab in every bar on the planet. Though I can't remember if it's Gragas new or old lore where he gets his land (and Freljord water) for his distillery because he impressed Ashe by drunkenly charging into a peace conference they were having and headbutting Tryndamere unconscious for literally no reason but that he was drunk and angry.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

:rip: Banner of Command/zz'rot Heimerdinger.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Ayyy, I finally get my Kharn the Betrayer Darius. Mostly.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

If you just want a pew pew top lane, play Quinn.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

JerryLee posted:

Today I learned you can both report and honor someone in the same game. Did that change? I could have sworn you couldn't.

(Lee Sin who kicked rear end all around the map while complaining in team chat and telling us he was going to AFK at 20)

Were you in the new client? Maybe that's where it changed. Or did you honor them first? I know in the old client (at least awhile back) if you reported someone first it definitely grayed out the honor button.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

The main thing to remember about playing support, especially at low ELO, is that your job is ultimately to handle all the mistakes in bot lane. If your pet retard lane partner gets overly aggressive and doesn't pay attention to the jungle gank behind him, you're probably going to have throw your life away to get him out and/or get him a kill to try and equalize. If the opposing lane gets overly aggressive, you punish their poor positionining. Now a punish doesn't mean you always go HAM, but it could be something as simple as when they come up too far to last hit, you get an AA in or a skill hit for free damage.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

henkman posted:

"pet retard" usually applies to the support in solo queue

That is the general attitude of carries, yes. That's the other part about playing support, no matter how brain-dead your carry is, if the lane is lost, it is exclusively the supports fault. If the lane is won, the carry was Doublelift incarnate and you did nothing to help them.

Basically if you're support, you have to face 3 enemies in lane, but one of them you can't attack.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

mirrorquiz posted:

it usually applies to everyone else on your team, after all you are in bronze while you really are a high plat player right?

I was going to get a spot on SKT1 but I couldn't get a work visa in Korea, so here I am.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's not entirely true for some champions. For some it's seriously "survive the early game and pray you don't die too much." Singed in some matchups is just pants making GBS threads terror that you don't get too far behind then becoming Singed anyway. Nasus has a lot of very bad matchups (actually he just plain sucks right now) but is in the camp of "if you went even then you won."

Big Dog will always be Big Dog, eventually. It just comes down to whether they can end the game before you're a raid boss, two hitting towers.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Work Friend Keven posted:

Vayne nodded to herself. She knew what must be done "THE DIE IS C-" she yelled, but was cut off by Jihn braum lee sin and ryze all hitting her in the face, killing her.

Galio is probably ulting there from Mid too.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

ShadowHawk posted:

What's the reason why rageblade vayne isn't as big as I think it should be?

There are many other items that give attack speed, without the windup or the wasted stats?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

ShadowHawk posted:

It's not just attack speed though -- Vayne's silver bolts are an on-hit effect. Once rageblade is stacked, every other shot triggers 12% max health true damage.

Okay, but you're still paying for a bunch of AP you don't need and you'd have to fire 6 times to get that every other shot instead of every 3rd. BORK gets you 8% a hit by itself.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

As a carry your job is mostly to destroy towers. Building to kill tanks is fine and dandy, but you could still kill tanks with a BORK plus some attack speed and damage. Rageblade is paying for a ton of poo poo you don't need. If you could get a rageblade effect cheaper and without the AP, sure, people would run that poo poo on Vayne all day. But there are so many better items you could get for that money.

[EDIT]
And who "typically" builds both Rageblade and BORK? Jax? Maaaybe Kayle?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Mikujin posted:

You should not be able to ban champs your allies pre-select. I don't know why you can, but it is asinine for sure.

I say this having done it to plenty of people in solo queue to encourage dodging, and having been on he opposite side of it in solo queue where someone tries to play chicken with me (and loses because trust me I'm way more stubborn that's you). It just strikes me as entirely defeating the point of preselecting champions.

This is why I never bother to pre-pick what champion I'm going to play. Teammates aren't going to build a comp around what I pre-select, that information can only be used to troll me.

Not being able to ban something that people have pre-selected would be hilariously abuseable though. You could just show a champion that is the counterpick to another role on your team so they can't ban out the opposing champion. Or you could be 5th pick and show whatever the new release/rework champion or broken overtuned bullshit is and watch as the other team grabs it.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Plus, you being a oval office is communication with your team. It shows me that I probably don't want to spend 20-60 minutes of my life shackled to your toxic rear end.

The main failing is that there's no way to report you for it, so you can do it forever with no repercussions. The true Goon spirit. :patriot:

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Because the alternative doesn't remove any of the dickishness from it. You would literally be able to just block bans rather than block picks, and still troll your team and get away with it.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Pantheon/Teemo will always be the best troll bot lane. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Candlelight Virgil posted:

Perpetual Bronze V resident here posting to ask if we'll ever see a Teemo ward skin.

If you're in Bronze 5, Teemo is the ward.

• Locked thread