Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Quelaag, my dear sister... Please do not cry.
I am happy, really. I have you, don't I?

d0grent posted:

requesting that video that starts with tahm kench swallowing someone who's about to kill him and then spits him into a vi vaultbreaker and gets away

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpyMQWHBDbE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Elise support trip report (for mid~high silver elo): fun and good?

Both of those games were basically stomps though. I'm curious to try playing her from behind; her pick potential with maxed cocoon is definitely great.

victorisham fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Feb 25, 2016

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Okay, another Silver support looking for advice here! Here's a more recent replay of a loss:

http://www.replay.gg/search/na/victorisham#2119407086

Janna is my most comfortable support but even for a champion I'm comfortable with I feel like I die a lot / don't exert enough lane pressure. The mid and late game usually goes better for me but especially against poke lanes I have a hard time feeling effective as her. This was definitely a case of that, where Caitlyn and Alistair just shoved mine and the Jhin's poo poo in.

I probably should have bought a Locket instead of a Banner but I really wanted the lane pressure, and Sejuani had one, but I don't know if I ever recalled seeing her use the active.

http://www.replay.gg/search/na/victorisham#2117562558

This one was a win and more of a stomp from our side, so probably less exciting of a watch, but 7 deaths still feels like a lot. I feel like I fall into the "must-save-team-itis" a lot and it's really hard to just give up on a teammate who might realistically just need a good tornado to get them out.

Any build / laning / whatever tips would be appreciated!

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Speaking of Nasus ... Is he a good choice for learning toplane? He always seems to become a nigh-unkillable shitlord if you leave him alone for like even 10 minutes and the Q stacking aspect seems to make last-hitting under tower way easier.

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Good stuff to know re: Nasus. I get really afraid of playing him because of his potential for bad match-ups and my trend towards passivity -- like, I'm really bad at wanting to fight in top lane, I'm too afraid to learn the extents of my champion and then I get poo poo-stomped.

One of my first times playing Darius, it was into a Teemo and I was loving terrified until my friend was just like "just walk up to him and combo him" and then I won lane. :v:

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Okay, I have to ask. I'm usually a support main but more and more I've been learning ADC while my friend duos with me but I still save a slot in my inventory for a pink ward. If I don't have a pink ward in my inventory I immediately buy one. I've looked at my match history and I've noticed I frequently outstrip all the other players in terms of pink ward purchasage.

Is it a bad habit to keep up? I always super love pink wards just for the amount information they can provide but I don't know if I'm kneecapping myself as an ADC buying pink wards so much either (my high in the last several games I played as ADC was 8).

VVV: Nah, I wouldn't let it interrupt something like that. Looking back I always buy them along with big-ticket items.

victorisham fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Apr 3, 2016

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Makes sense! I imagine it's a hard thing to measure since you have to take into account how much a ward got "done".

Also enjoy one of my SICK SILVER JHIN outplays including me flashing into melee range for a kill on a support. Goddamn does he play fun and smooth once you get the hang of him though

victorisham fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Apr 3, 2016

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Coolwhoami posted:

Is Rammus good yet

http://champion.gg/champion/Rammus/Top

Rammus has been good for like 6 patches.

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

http://www.newsoflegends.com/index....ra-items-58210/

Well Soraka is probably sunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

I started to actually play Ezreal, like really get down and dirty and start just grinding out games with him, and holy poo poo is he fun. It's so nice having the blink + the frozen fist to be able to self-peel and still poo poo out tons of damage once you hit that two item spike.

• Locked thread