Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Radical posted:

you can play anything top lane, as it is a wasteland

I played Soraka top today and went 1/0/16 and won. This is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I've been building Athene's on Rakan. It seems to be working well. His AP ratios are pretty nuts, and MR/Cooldown is great for him.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Teikanmi posted:

They definitely are not "nuts". Very far from nuts.

If you can double dip on his E shield, which is honestly pretty easy, it has a 1.8 AP ratio, which is huge for a shield. It gets a bigger boost from the 40 AP on Athene's then it does from the 10% shield on redemption.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

henkman posted:

The time I was playing a normal game with a friend who was new and sub level 20 and he had to lane against someone in masters

I'm a low gold support player who switched to mid this week and have had to cs for the first time in my life. I've already been paired against multiple mid range diamond players, including a diamond 2. It's been, uh, going real well.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
What did I do I broke it

https://webmshare.com/bQ1Xy

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

kingcobweb posted:

Wait, shield/heal boosters haven't been affecting Rakan's passive

the gently caress

Yeah, this came out last week. It's why they reverted his buffs on the pbe.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

kingcobweb posted:

Knight's Vow giving 10% CDR is huge, item seems great now

Zeke's Convergence just looks loving bizarre. I'll give it a shot because it's so weird that there's like a 20% chance it's just absolutely busted, in either a "instant-game-winning" sense or "literally doesn't work" sense

That thing seems crazy for Alistar or Rakan. Dive in, pop ult, profit?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
They should make missions like "Queue as top lane and pick a tank and not a goddamn third ad based carry on this team with a Lee Sin jungle" or "Buy a resistance item on your first back after dying in lane that matches your opposing laner's damage type"

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Argona posted:

I've lost every game i've played against jungle morgana.

yes, multiple times.

I've won every game i've played as jungle morgana.

yes, multiple times.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Elentor posted:

With that said if the awful attitude is something that would bother you then you're much, much better off not playing, yeah.

Nah, don't worry about this. Everything game relevant can be indicated with the ping system, just /mute all at the beginning of every match and I swear to god you'll have a better time. Also, try and find friends to queue with, or at least people who know you like goons so they won't rage on you.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I was bored at work today so I designed an overpowered time mage, please tell me how bad my champion is and also that I am garbage:

New Champion: Wright

Passive: As Wright moves around he builds up potential time, increasing his cooldown and cooldown cap, up to an additional 40%. All of Wright's potential time is expended whenever he uses an ability.

Q: Wright scars time at the targeted location, slowing champions in the scar by 20%, increasing to 60% over the scars duration. At then end of it's duration, or when reactivated after one second, the scar detonates, dealing X damage and applying it's current slow for it's previous duration to enemy units.

W: Wright grants a Gift of Time to target ally, increasing their Health and Mana regen by 20/40/60/80/100% of Wright's health and mana regen while that champion is near Wright, for 60/80/100/120/140 seconds. When Wright's ultimate ends, the Gift is consumed to heal for an amount equal to it's total healing over it's maximum duration.

E: Wright over charges an enemy or ally champion with time, causing them to blink in the direction they are moving after .5 seconds. The blink distance increases with the target's move speed and cannot pass through terrain.

R: Wright creates a large bubble of frozen time in which time only passes for him for 1/1.5/2 seconds. Wright may apply his abilities during this time, but may not auto attack. At the end of it's duration all of Wright's applied abilities are immediately activated.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

pog boyfriend posted:

ZA WARUDO!!!!! TOKI WO TOMARE!!!!!

this would be the most hated champion ever for his singlehanded ability to throw games

Because of the E?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
What if the ult was just map wide?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

pog boyfriend posted:

listen i love stardust crusaders too but this idea is just not going to pan out in the game. it lessens the experience for 9 other guys so that one support gets to run around and do silly stuff

I mean, isn't it in most ways functionally just Bard ult, and ult that can also throw the game?

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

pog boyfriend posted:

like the concept is cool but if you actually think about it this puts best case scenario as a strictly worse amumu ult on a support. that poo poo is not baller

I mean, the point of the time stop is to freeze things while you set up your other abilities, not really to crowd control people. The ultimate goal is to make it so absolutely nothing can do anything or be affected by anything while they're in the time freeze, except you can cast whatever abilities you can during it that happen as soon as it ends. Also, people can take stock of the situation and react accordingly, like dodging skill shots that are in flight.
The best I can come up with off the top of my head is a dome about screen size that champions/abilities that enter become Zhonyas'd. I dunno, I'm literally just kicking around ideas because it's fun :)

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
It's power comes in making all of his other abilities act immediately instead of after a duration. Put the E on enemy adc moving towards you to make them blink towards you, or consume the buff to heal someone, or get maximum slow on someone by detonating a maxed out Q.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Ok so you've just gone and made a champ whose entire laning phase is spam W on the ADC, Q when the enemy jungler shows up, and has an ult that more often than not will be used to disengage rather than secure a kill.

Grats, you built Janna.

Yeah, I think the W should probably just be a link type deal like Taric's W. Also, Janna is a pretty good support so that's cool :)

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Transient People posted:

Until you cast it and then ult, at which point it's a full heal on whoever you poped it on, and thus overpowered.

(Also the passive is terrible because supports cap out on CD ASAP. So you end up with a dead as poo poo passive. If you want to build up time, why not make it so you can get a doubletap on a single one of your basic abilities after you've moved enough? Much better version of the passive because it becomes actually meaningful and has high points.)

It basically does that, you missed the part where it increases the cap too. This first draft was just some ideas I thought were neat, I'm gonna work on a second draft now and try and focus it.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

el dingo posted:

I'm having a blast with bard but does anyone have some pointers for late game? Dude is brutal in lane and makes some excellent roams/picks mid game, but late game when people have items I feel like I just die first in a team fight after like one q and auto.

Focus really hard on vision control, since you can ward aggressively and still be fairly safe. Watch for pick opportunities near your teammates that you can create with your ult, it's really your most powerful tool in the late game.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

kingcobweb posted:

If qtpie makes more money than Faker, isn't Faker kind of an idiot to practice 18 hours a day?

I mean, streaming and playing well aren't exactly the same skill. It's why you see players like Arcsecond with so few viewers comparatively. Amazing player, nice guy, very dull to watch. Flat as can be.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

misguided rage posted:

They added a 3 second cooldown and tied the max stacks to Q rank, so it's not gonna be as broken as you think. Should still end up being a decent buff.

Auto attacks give charges AND lower the cooldown by one second.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Pussy Quipped posted:

what if instead of eve's stupid current passive her champion portrait just doesn't show up on the mini map. and some % health damage.

This would actually be terrible because it would create play habits of constantly checking everywhere on the map you have warded. That doesn't sound like any fun, but would also be the best way to play against her.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

henkman posted:

That's a good thing to do, actually

No, I mean actually panning your camera there despite there being nothing on the minimap. Why would you ever do that, you can even see if jungle camps are up on the minimap, there is literally no reason.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

kingcobweb posted:

Every Sona I'm playing against is running coin and folks this is just taking things Too Far.

I've been doing this and it is somehow correct. What is happening.

Alternatively, just buff all the support items to be this good so it can always be party time in the bot lane.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
What champions do you guys like to build Talisman on versus which champions you go Eye on? I like Talisman on a few different champions, like Rakan and sometimes Blitzcrank, if I'm feeling spicy.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Google Butt posted:

how the gently caress do you even begin to learn this game if you've never played a moba before? a willingness to dedicate hundreds of hours?

The best way to get in is to find a friend that plays and play with them. If you can't do that, playing a lot of bot games, watch a couple of tutorials on youtube and you should get the basics down. The best advice I can give is to mute everyone on your team in bot games because they are likely going to be either terrible or toxic, and neither is going to help you learn. The basics of the game are actually pretty simple. Knowing the positions, understanding the importance of CS and objective pressure, understanding that warding is important, these things will get you a long way. After that it's mostly just learning what every champion does, and that takes a while, but you eventually get it. When I first started I would play free champions in bot games to see what they did and it helped a lot. Also, if a champion is dumping on you, look them up after the game and figure out how their skills work. Most champions have clear roads of counterplay and learning how to play against them is very important. Focus on a single position, or two, and find a couple of champions you like in that role. Find Twitch streamers that play that champion and watch a few matches, learn how to build and how to use your skills effectively.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Google Butt posted:

Thank you. Are all positions equally difficult or is there a recommended "starting" position/positions to avoid?

ADC is one of the most important positions, and one of the most fragile. I would suggest staying away from it at first. Mid is similar, and the most likely lane to be ganked. Jungle is pretty easy to play, but is very important for the team that you're good at, so I'd wait on that. For now I would queue Top/Support. Support is a very important member of the team, but if you die it doesn't normally screw your team over completely, especially if they trade for you. Top laners tend to be tanky and have more room for error in their play, and top lane tends to be an island that doesn't see too much action besides the 1v1 and the occasional jungler gank. Top lane is a great place to learn about CSing and wave management, as well as map awareness. Hands down I think it's the best lane to learn the game in.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Luna Was Here posted:

Please for the love of God don't encourage learning support in low level games. Not only are you not going to know anything but it requires teamwork with your adc and there's no way in hell whoever you get paired with is going to know what they're doing either, so it's literally just going to be game time wasted

Support is also the position you're going to get shoved into against your will the most, and it's the one position that everyone has to know how to play thanks to autofill. Gotta learn it sometime, and I'm suggesting learning it in bot games where the points don't matter.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Yay, finally finished my placement games in flex. Landed at Gold V. I'll take it!

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
*hushed tone*

Sometimes...

Sometimes I build Lich Bane into Luden's on Sona...

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

kingcobweb posted:

I was just in consecutive queues in ranked where someone banned Janna, what the gently caress

You climbed high enough that they know.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

just an fyi ashe support is good because your slows apply bond of stone and bond of stone applies ardent, which is the best item in the game

You mean Stoneborn Pact

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Yesterday I queued up in a 4 man group. We got paired with a Lee Sin jungler. We pinged invade and went in. He followed and we picked someone and he got a kill. He backed and bought, walked back out and executed to Krugs on his first clear. He t hen upgraded to blue smite and bought sweeper. Blue smite. Sweeper. Lee Sin.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I think I'm slowly becoming a Thresh one trick.

I embrace the darkness.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I've gotten two pentakills, and a third close call. Teemo, old Urgot, and almost on Janna.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Tab - Camera Lock
Space Bar - Flash

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Arcane Comet, Scorch, Mana Bond Malphite support is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

amazeballs posted:

I am really struggling in bot lane to gauge trades with the new rune system. It seems the damage I'm expecting to take / dish out is not in line with reality. Unfortunate for my teammates on the rift I guess.

New runes are supes cool regardless.

I said it before, I'll say it again, play Arcane Comet/Mana Bond/Scorch Malphite support before they fix it. It's unbelievable right now.

• Locked thread