Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Hey remember how Soraka used to give mana to her allies and it was the worst thing ever and everyone was glad she couldn't do it anymore?

Oh riot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

What music do you guys listen to when you play this game? I sometimes go with Oppa Gangnam Style or I really like you.

I like theme music for specific champions.

Viktor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9-7uLg-DZU

Ryze https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SoXxnlCUqk

Leona https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A-4VGfx5lU

Xin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwQaasA5ZLs

Ekko https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1YxczPEPrs

Fiddle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mdkKFzDcH8

Singed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xELDqIyrtNA

And Nunu only has one possible theme when played right https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCNrK-n68CM

Gotta have fitting music for what your playing.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

This for Olaf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsS3reVFLJI

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

This game was a lesson in how not to build end-game Lux and I apologize:

I think there are two obvious mistakes with this build, can you spot them?

My take: Athene's should have been Morellonomicon against all those tanks, and Zhonya's probably should have gotten swapped for LIandry's.

Your mistake was not getting Ludens echo, a great Lux item for mobility, waveclear and bursting people you catch and that Frostfang and Grail are a either-or thing, you don't take both, if you have maximum gold you can sell frostfang for a 20% CDR mana item, your only real threat on the enemy team is diana and and naut jumping into your face at the same time, you can kite everyone else and both of those could be completely neutralized by getting a banshee which none of them would be able to pop so Naut would never be able to ult you.

I imagine you were a prime target for Naut ulting which gave time for the melee to rush into you while you hourglassed it.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Feb 1, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Taciturn Tactician posted:

What are people building on Lux now? I really value 45% cdr so I go morello and grail into sorc/void/deathcap/hourglass in whatever order is appropriate, but sometimes I feel like grail is a waste and I'm not sure where else to get the cdr. FQC and cdr boots?

Sexpansion posted:

I actually had luden's until the lategame, when I sold it for... void I think? I agree that Athene's + FF is probably too much mana regen. Maybe I should have kept the luden's, too.

Yeah, Voidstaff should be your 3rd or 4th purchase, not your max gold selling a item purchase, the correct itemization choices could of had your team win the game before it got to the max gold stage.

The Lux build I've gone on a 90% winstreak with over afew dozen games has usually gone like this.

Dorans/Biscuits > on first back priority on first buy is Frostfang >OR Morello if against heavy healing >OR Grail if against AP burst like Leblanc.
if vs a aggressive heavy burst/wave clear champ where one of us is going to die before I go OOM, get a large rod on first back and finish ludens early and get second dorans for mana regen and finish a CDR/Mana item after luden.
Your core build is going to be having Luden/mana CDR item/CDR Boots/Dorans ring by around the 20 minute mark, after which you rush Rabadon for the massive AP spike which can keep you and your team alive with shield strength, followed by Voidstaff.
If your against a team that can't touch you except for that one guy with a long CD CC ult, get a banshee before voidstaff, a example would be the enemy team has Malphite, Naut, or someone like Leblanc who is trying to assassinate you with a sudden burst.

For boot enchant, grab Alacrity when you got the funds, with Luden you'll walk around with 430 movement speed and just be completely unreachable for any run of the mill bruisers and can quickly position to get off a good Q>R one shot on a squishy target.

And don't be afraid to blow your ult right away as soon as the root hits your opponent in lane, it's a short cooldown and forcing someone play defensively after taking huge guaranteed damage is better then dying without the chance to use it because the other guy was still able to play aggressively because he didn't lose 50% of his health suddenly.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Firebert posted:

FQC, Morellos, Lucidity boots is completely fine on Lux because she values CDR so highly

I wasn't saying not to take a mana/CDR item, I was saying you have to pick morello grail or frostfang, you can only take one.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

foutre posted:

NRG just beat TSM 19-0 with a Seraphs/RoA/Banner Zilean mid, I think that it's a safe bet you'll see at least a few more Zileans in solo queue.

At least until a patch or two down the line because it doesn't line up with riot's idea of where zilean should go, and he will be nerfed back into a support only pick rarely seen.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Just me, or does Jhin seem to be born out of what they wanted a sniper like Cait to be? basically trade netshot for bouncing grenade and you have a very similar set of skills and much improved Sniper ult, traps, long range skill shot.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mystery Prize posted:

Yeah, it's laggy as hell for some reason right now.

The devourer build Mikujin uses isn't bad, by any means. I'm just pointing out the AP one is actually a higher win rate.

Also, I really don't like the idea of leveling E over W. An extra 180-ish damage shield on a 4 second cooldown is unbelievably good for dueling, even if the lifesteal isn't always relevant.

Yeah, as nice as the movement speed feels, a unleveled 60 HP shield isn't even going to block a casters auto attack and without a strong shield your not going to last long in a real fight as Udyr, all that movement speed isn't worth much in a multi-person fight and the other guy stands and fights you., just taking the shield to rank 2 improves it's strength by 66%

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 4, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Deadmans plate is still going to be the defacto health/armor item everyone buys so long as it increases your movement speed, turns tanks from kitable to oh poo poo he is already on top of me and I'm dead, or just a great splitpush item for escaping ganks.

Ryze climbed himself out of the dumpster in season 6 and now riot is putting him back in and making sure they weld the lid shut this time, that is a brutal nerf considering a good ryze could get 4 spells out in 1 second.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
He has been good for afew seasons now, falling off a cliff is more like walking off a step with the itemization these days, he can still pack a punch because there aren't any early game items with no good build paths and he can absolutely melt armor with most of the new items.

He used to fall off because brutalizer didn't build into anything useful and black cleaver wasn't reworked yet and there wasn't any ADcaster items he could capitalize on like today.

Take new ghostblade for example, no longer has wasted crit and 4 longswords was basically pantheons entire early game build and now it actually builds into something useful

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 4, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
On Udyr maxing E or W second, I've been finding it good to put 2 points in W since it almost doubles the shields strength, then start maxing bear because you'll be spamming it the most to get places faster.

2-3 points in W makes it formidable enough to tank some hits, but since it stays at 40/level you'll be getting less benefit with each rank.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'd be fine with this new queue because I like seeing what teammates plan to pick and pick accordingly, but it has two major flaws,
One is people constantly dodging by accident because of needing to lock in everything and maybe not noticing it's your turn while doing masteries and not being able to see your champ pool until it's your turn to pick.

The second major flaw is allowing more then two people to queue up together, it's entirely unfair to the solo players to get matched up against 3-4 boosters at once, that's what ranked teams was for, keep that out of solo queue ranking.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Jhin's main problem is when you leave a regular ADC alone with a wave and a tower, it's going to melt, you leave Jhin alone with a tower and it's going to get tickled before he spends 5 seconds reloading and oops the wave is gone better slowly push it again.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

DolphinCop posted:

tank meta is the best meta because it's the only meta where teamfights aren't determined in about a quarter second

i guess kite meta too but thats less of a meta and more of a semi-viable alternative in all metas. meta isnt even a word anymore

I miss the days of force of nature and effectively immortal tanks that took a full team a half minute of sustained damage to bring down.
Deadmans plate sorta filled the movement speed void that force of nature left behind though.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I really don't understand why the game needs that item and why Zed got a preemptive nerf but Talon is going to jump close to 60% win rate with it, use his entire combo on someone and if they survive he just has to tap them once with a auto and they explode from a zed ult.

It might even end up as a lategame ADC item when they have the damage to auto someone down in those 2 seconds, so long as the frontline doesn't have 400 armor.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

blah_blah posted:

The dumb thing is that there are at least 3 really good reasons to buy FCQ without the active:

1) The gold generation is insane.
2) It's really cheap.

Saving 500 gold on the price of the item and generating 2k passive gold by 35-40 minutes means that you're going to be hitting your big items 5-10 minutes sooner than the other laner. You can have 4 full items including a RoA and Rabadons by 25-30 minutes in a lot of games.

3) Frostfang is an amazing lane item

Frostfang gives amazing mana regen and a little chunk of AP for 850 gold. It's like a Doran's ring except that it generates tons of gold on its own and actually builds into something useful. It's a much better component than anything in Morellonomicon or Athene's. Laning phase with Morgana basically involves shoving waves mercilessly until you run out of mana, and then TPing back in with Frostfang and doing the same (this can be really punishing in terms of level/CS if they didn't run TP), except that you never run out of mana anymore. When combined with blue buff it's basically 2 minutes of pure misery for the opposing laner.

I think the only way people will stop buying frostfang is if they add a item combining forbidden idol+amp tome for 30 AP/10% CDR/100% Mana regen in the 1200 price range, 850 for 100% mana regen just blows everything else away.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Can't wait for the win % numbers and to see ryze at 30% and talon at 60% like I suspect.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Shaco proccing duskblade on his clone isn't a bug, it's a oversight, his clone has always procced on-hit items like devourer, shiv and others.

Same sort of oversight when they added devourer and red smite to the game and forgot that would make warwick ult 1 shot everyone.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Azzents posted:

Xin really deserved and needed his buff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs1lFlSIQF8

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The AD scaling or the free crit would bring him back to being relevant, but both at once is a bit bonkers.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
This isn't hard people.
Take thunderlords if your character is built around blowing someone up in one combo.
Take grasp of the undying if your character is built around lasting awhile in a fight.
Take fervor if your character is all about the attack speed items.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Azzents posted:

Look out boys, Jhin's going to be first ban status with that WHOPPING regen buff.

Don't knock base stat buffs, 2 armor 5 movement might seem small, but it'll end up reducing his overall death count by quite a lot.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I used Zz'rot ever since the last round of buffs to it afew months ago, but now everyone has caught on and I get called a copycat because of a streamer I've never watched so it's probably time for them to nerf it.

If they do nerf it, they need to make the cooldown start after the portal ends, because there is no reason to go after the portal on the last half of it's lifespan because someone can just plop down a fresh one immediately, 2 minute duration with 2 minute cooldown can be oppressive, especially if you can't safely leave base to clear it right away.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

mistaya posted:

He probably just needs a couple post-release QOL buffs. It's not like Azir where it's still impossible to balance him a year later. I've seen him be pretty drat effective with the right support botlane (much less so mid, and I don't think he's good there.) His main trouble is he takes turrets soooooooooooooooooooo slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwly. Even if your team wins a fight he gets half the objectives a normal ADC would be able to off the back of it.

That's the main problem I see with him, taking turrets is half the reason why you take a ranged ADC in the first place.

He needs a damage bonus vs Turrets or the ability for the 4th shot to crit them.
It also wouldn't hurt if his reload time was improved, every fourth shot being a crit is neat, but Xin doesn't have to reload his spear for those crits.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Kashuno posted:

"We've temporarily disabled ZZ'Rot Portal due to an in-game bug and are working on fixing the problem. It will be disabled until the 6.4 patch"

drat so it got hosed up pretty hard.

Conspiracy theory time, the portal was never bugged, but riot wants fresh numbers and win % data without the portal being built for the champs that have been abusing it the most to figure out which to nerf.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah there's a significant bug with it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvtbVSWZo2g

All of those extra green dots on the minimap were actually invisible voidlings this whole time? :riot:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
And yet nobody would build it and instead your support would build a lichbane or something.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I spent 5$ total since launch, whats wrong with you people?

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Parallel Playa posted:

not as good as the last one but still, I love lee
https://streamable.com/43z0

Ah, the normal start to every teamfight, both supports being useless.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Xyretire posted:

They buffed Fervor of Battle at some point kind of recently too didn't they? AA -> Q -> AA should be a quick 6 stacks of Fervor against a champ, with some Burnout or whatever she'd hit 8 Fervor stacks nearly instantly, I think.

Except she would probably take strength of ages for the extra 300 HP, titanic damage and massive sustain, not going to stack to 8 if she melts too fast or lacks the tenacity.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I actually liked AP kog, it was a strong siege/anti siege pick with big powerspikes at 11 and 16, like a lux with more damage and auto enhancer but less utility and mana hungry.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Fairly serious bug with corrupting potion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tFnZCPaoSY

Yeah, I had a feeling there was something funky possible with corrupting potion when I used a charge with full hp/mana by accident once, that confirms it.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I stopped playing Karthus for awhile because dodge bots soured me so, so badly on him, draining my entire catalyst/tear mana bar and failing to land a single Q, all the while the other player is spinning in place as they fight against the script stopping them at the very micro edge of the Q radius.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I usually ignore the random links that pop up on the league client when I load up, but I decided to check out the "Community Skin Spotlight" http://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/skin-champion-concepts/AlYEMbEO-community-skin-spotlight and this caught my eye.

Cat Lady Yorick.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

exethan posted:

try not to play the tentacle lady if at all possible

I wonder what they could to to make her viable, what numbers need to change or what skill needs to be reworked.

She just falls into that pit filled with niche CCless melee that don't quite have enough damage or tankiness to excel in most games, except unlike the others like Olaf with his CC immunity, true damage and endless Q chasing, she doesn't seem to have any skills that stick out as amazing, even the vessel is underwhelming for landing what would be the equivalent of a blitz or thresh hook.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Warlord's bloodlust is bonkers on ADCasters, it's up to 20% lifesteal on physical damage, not just autos.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
New champ will need a really short cooldown on his Q or he is just gonna kinda wander around after blowing it.

His passive and W is Karthus E, but worse in every way, especially against the dozens of 100% > 0% instaburst assassins who will just blink around the orbs or stay on top of him, hard to imagine the matchup where it works well for him.

Really just got to see the numbers, maybe he has broken AP ratios or cooldowns, but riot has usually not given anyone good AP ratios ever since the accident of AP gragas and sion and their 1 AP = 1 damage days.

He has 2 stuns in his kit, but his E is probably very bad for escaping.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 8, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

mistaya posted:

Really the sad thing is that Sion hasn't gotten any skins since his rework, but I think Sion is also the champion who is least played with a skin in the game. Which makes some sense to me because his base model is really drat good.

What I don't understand is they will have discontinued sucky skins for champs, but after many years they will give the champ a visual update and make the old skins actually decent looking, like Hextech Sion is now a decent skin but you can't buy it.

Poppy has 6 skins but after the visual rework you can only buy 2.

I don't quite understand that besides appeasing the grognards that get mad they can't have something all to themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Haha, the double 1200 damage hits on the squishies and a shelled rammus instantly dying.

• Locked thread