Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Vonnie posted:

Now I'm curious which champs you all have the most fun with, viability be damned. I know Quinn was popular with a small group around here previously.
Playing champs in roles they weren’t supposed to be in were my poo poo until Riot threw a fit and removed scaling on them. AP Zac, Malphite, and Sejuani were 👌🏼

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
They're either going to hyper-nerf Galio by removing almost all his AP ratios, rework his ultimate into having a 7 minute cooldown, or do both so nobody plays him until he gets another full rework

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

lmao

'ur a fucken idiot'
The best part about that dude is some challenger player tried to duo with him and boost him to his ~~TRUE ELO~~ and he was still doing mental gymnastics to blame anyone but himself while his top lane gangplank was like, 14/0

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I am the player with 4 level 30 accounts that's played 12 games of summoner's rift all year ama

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Verviticus posted:

is that the skin for spending a trillion blue essence
That or if you spent 1IP during April Fool's Day like 7 years ago

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Mikujin posted:

Wasn't it like 6 IP (and then doubled every day after April 1 for a week or something)?

E: Either way I have it 'cause I'm awesome. I don't recall seeing that recall animation, though.
They just added it for the upcoming re-release, the crown is only for people who have the original and it comes with a special loading border too

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

I hit my promotion series for Gold V, wish me luck goon fam
The end of the season is always hardest, godspeed

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Elman posted:

Whose idea was it to make Ignite and Smite's icons both a hand with a fire beam on it? Just picked ignite as a jungler by mistake.

They should just let you switch spells during the loading screen or the first 30 seconds of the game or something.
In a roundabout way they're about to, actually. But only if you have that rune.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The only thing I don't get about Support Lux anymore is why play her at all when there's similar mages that offer more utility or burst than she does now that don't heavily rely on getting fed and stealing farm to make your ult do any damage

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Vermain posted:

She still does plenty base, and her shield means that you can go Ardent -> Grail easily and get utility along with your damage. More critically (for me, anyways) is that she has bar-none the best vision control of any support. It's effectively impossible to set up ambushes or bait Baron against her.
Ardent isn't going to be nearly as good to go anymore and who knows what the meta is going to even look like next week with all these changes. We could see Teemo Support being the strongest for all anyone knows, pre-season is wild af

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

According to the new sparkle princess troll doll, Ezreal and Lux are in a relationship for realsies now :v:

She also has like 30 lines flirting with ezreal

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Emery posted:

Zoe is 1000% some weirdo at riot's fetish
Shockingly, not voiced by Anthony Burch's sister

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Wait, is smite one of the summoner spells she can pick up and use?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I got two free epic skins (Forsaken Jayce and Star Guardian Ezreal) and enough blue essence to buy all the remaining champions in the game :')

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

:riot: spaghetti code of the patch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y56h8dTxDhk

Blackfrost Anivia's movespeed bonus on homeguard works in reverse and slows her down.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

New patch, new Mordekaiser bugs. Killing an Ekko with your Mordekaiser ult may cause people in the fountain to die

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

As funny as it is to fear away an Udyr charging in like a train, I don't know how many Fiddlesticks are going to be quick enough to actually be able to run away.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Although not as blatantly lovely as EA, Riot's idea behind the new leveling system was having people spend more RP for content. Sure, you CAN get more free content like skins for free, but it takes much longer than it used to actually get champions now too

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Well they easily could have done all these things without making it harder to get skins/champions with their new essence system.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

It doesn't actually. Everyone putting out those ridiculous estimates was ignoring WotD bonus
They were included but also that expects you to play a single game every day. I probably play 7 hours a week in one or two sittings.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, to those that follow the devs, has there been any word on whether they like the preseason bursty nature of the game as-is or do they think people are a little squishier then they would like right now.

I'm finding when I'm playing damage dealers, I'm tossing my ult into the wind half the time because my target ended up getting 100% 0% from a regular rotation and I'm still on the last patch damage mindset and think I needed it to kill.
This is going to make it into the next season because they're so slow to patch things out, take advantage of that freelo with Shyvana and Udyr when the next season hits. They've traditionally ignored their balance team and shipped out bad patched for years now.

Usually if it hits the front page of Reddit they'll address things, but I think they're still trying to suck people in right now with a priority on the new essence system that this season is going to be broke as gently caress until around March

e: I knew people personally that worked on the balance team that quit because they were over-worked and nobody listened to them anyway so yah

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Nov 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Mikujin posted:

As much as Methanar and I might want you to think Udyr is freelo, he's not. He does come in the top 10 best-performing junglers right now, but not nearly as highly performing as Rammus/Xin/Shyv who are all tearing it up with at or approaching 55% win rates. That said, the new rune system definitely favors traditional attack speed junglers who kick off fast clears into strong ganks (Udyr/Xin) or who can just power-farm even harder (Shyvana). The inherent buffs to Rammus alongside this, as well as Aftershock, are really pushing him over the top as a go-to jungler as well: he gets insanely strong mid-gank thanks to Aftershock + W, and his clear is actually a bit faster now.
It isn't really a couple gimmick posters, anyone who is either good at Udyr or good at the Udyr playstyle are dominating right now. There's a reason why all of a sudden Trick2G is going heavy on solo queue again, and it's because split pushers are able to get away with their same bullshit they haven't been able to do for two years now and I guess people have just forgotten how to play against them. Doesn't hurt that there's barely any wrong way to build a split-pusher right now and tank junglers aren't bad either.

• Locked thread