Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The unmortal Yorick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Master Yi is either going to get so fed nobody can do poo poo about it and then branch off into two different playstyles or just start useless and stay there.

A) He thinks he's superman and dives 1v3 over and over until he feeds the other team enough gold to catch back up and make him useless
B) He just splitpushes forever and will win the game for his team despite what everyone else is doing.

That's not a fun playstyle for anyone except for the person playing Master Yi.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

i dunno man. his master tier+ winrate is pretty spotty, averaging at around 45%, and of the 25 most recent games on probuilds he won 10. more importantly, he was only picked 10 times in the last month according to probuilds, and tier list aside from personal experience playing with him, playing as him, and playing against him i do not think he is particularly threatening compared to how he used to be and especially compared to actually banworthy junglers. he takes way too long to get going unless you miraculously get fed some how and even if you get fed i would rather be fed on xin zhao/shyvana or something
Probuilds is broken, and Master Yi is one of the champions that promotes a "Solo" queue playstyle more than any other. They're almost never going to wait for their own team to engage, they're probably not even going to be at a team fight. The playstyle is splitpush or clean-up and that's not a great style to have on your team.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Even after the small nerfs to Trundle i still think he's a very strong laner. For some reason his Q doesn't bite the towers but still resets the auto-attack so if you've got nothing else to bite it's a free auto so V:v:V

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Eat Bum Zen posted:

All good points.

I just suck too much right now. Every game I play is starting to feel too stressful to work on specific mechanics, and even though I'm gaining experience, my win rate isn't changing.
If you're already Gold 4 the only reason to keep playing is inflating your end of season borders. You've already got the skin at the end of the season and better than over half the people playing. :v:

If you want to keep getting better, watch some of the more informative streamers and see what you can learn from them. Little things like managing waves, champion combos you might not have known, and just other tricks and tips will help you improve slowly.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

There was one okay girl in Sirens and I felt so bad for her for having have been apart of that mess.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

One of them was loving xpecial so it's not like they had high standards

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

My laptop crashed so I've been playing normals a bit on a new PC trying to practice before going into ranked. This meta is my poo poo.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

What exactly is the logic behind shoving your top opponent underneath their tower because I always thought it was advantageous to CS under your own tower since it prevents people from diving on you?
A lot of top lane champions are notoriously bad at farming under tower and it gives you a lot of pressure to roam/TP somewhere and get kills while they're forced to show up to a team fight late and lose a creep wave. There's some champions you don't want to do this against though, Nasus will happily farm under tower alone all game if you let him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Apparently tanky Akali is good now! Look up some youtube videos on how that works, it sounds fun.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

I won that game handily as Ak even though I poo poo the laning phase, then went 0/5 as Nidalee :cripes:
Nidalee isn't as easy to play as she used to be. There's auto-reset mechanics, the hunt mechanics, you've got to learn when to weave your different forms in for maximum damage. If you're looking for champions that just spit out a bunch of long-range damage, there's Karma, Corki, Ezreal, Jayce, and Xareth that are a little easier to play.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Other than accidentally knocking people away a lot, Gragas is a pretty fun jungler to learn right now. Get tanky, body fools.

Xin Zhao and Skarner are good aggressive all-in junglers too if that's what you're into. If you learn your playstyle you can start to build your champion pool around that.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

I've yet to find a secondary role I really like. I loved playing mid in DOTA but for whatever reason I can't stand most AP casters in League. Jungle is something that's theoretically appealing to me as a shitter who'd rather farm a bunch and solo but the skill floor is much higher than most other lanes and I hate having to decide when to gank and when to farm. I used to really like support but it seems like it's getting harder and harder to find decent ADCs and I hate not being able to make the plays all by myself.

The free champ rotation this week sucks really bad too.
Play Trundle/Nautilus support and force feed your ADC kills, they're pretty easy to carry on from support right now, especially Nautilus who's probably waaaay over-tuned.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Why does Riot nerf an item that makes champions strong and then nerf the loving champion too

Shyvana was already nerfed because of Cinderhulk too

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I tried tank akali and the other team just wanted none of that poo poo. Lane swapped and camped hard by jungle/mid under tower. Meanwhile we had an ezreal "support" telling me I was so stupid for not building AP Akali after being camped all game and having a support player's budget.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

He's probably the biggest example of feast of famine in this game right now. I've seen Kog'Maw with a good peel comp shred through the other team, and I've seen Kog'Maw just get camped and be nothing but pitiful passive damage.

ROX Tigers had some great Kog'Maw comps and then just poo poo-stomped with them.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lead out in cuffs posted:

So I've decided that playing support in bronze is just masochistic. Jungle/top I have a positive winrate, but support my WR is about 20%. Hell, maybe I should start playing ADC again as well.
i haven't played all season, tried to escape from bronze. Lost lane at level 1 because my ADC leashed too hard and missed literally an entire wave and I got poked out and dove under tower at level 2. It's brutal.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I got Molten Rammus and a Poro ward in a box :v: Other two accounts had skins I already owned.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Leveling a summoner is so dumb, you're either stuck playing with toxic bronze players who think this time they can get placed in their TRUE ELO.

Or you get placed immediately in smurf island which sometimes means playing against people in Platinum while you're still in level 20 giving you a huge disadvantage.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Safety Scissors posted:

I'd disagree, you pretty much have to be negative by quite a few games in order to be up against people that are bad and/or new. Much like placements in ranked, normals also have some amount of games that have to be won/lost before you're placed against other bads or smurfs. The only thing a brand new account means is that there's no data on you, and you can't be placed appropriately.
But everyone in this game is constantly making smurfs and there's a lot more long-time players at level 1 now than there are new players. It's incredibly hard to get into now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Tequila Sunrise posted:

I really like Morgana, maybe I'll start trying her mid/top. I'm just garbage with her.
TrAce from Jin Air is THE top Morgana player, but I don't know how much you want to watch Jin Air games. Here's my personal list of flex picks:

Karma (Top/Mid/Support): Good scaling, good wave clear, can make people totally miserable top lane because most champions don't deal with a ton of burst/harass well.
Nautilus (Top/Jungle/Mid/Support): Honestly one of the best all-around champions right now. Standard tank for Top/Jun/Support or you can build a bit of tanky AP mid. He roams super well and can push waves like a motherfucker with some AP.
Trundle (Top/Jungle/Support): Tank buster top and jungle with good engage, and he's a pretty good all-around support right now too.
Quinn (Top/Mid/ADC)
Graves (Top/Jungle/ADC)

Graves and Quinn are still pretty strong no matter where you put them. Quinn's blind and Grave's burst are really loving strong right now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Does Karma still scale poorly? Or I guess does she just turn into a Shield/Speed boost bot?
I'm gonna say two words and walk away.

Fat.
Karma.

No just kidding, she offers a lot of utility and can bully early game. She's not quite Lulu, but she's easier to play too. She falls off a lot harder late game so you play her if you want to win before 40 minutes. She's going to push almost every top laner out except for Kayle/Graves/Quinn

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Mar 18, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

All five members on my team got an S rank and it got me a chest and a key fragment, nice.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

SaberToothedPie posted:

Since zed is now good it's definitely yasuo
My least favorite thing to see in solo queue is when I lock in an Alistar or Malphite and then immediately see our team lock in a Yasuo, like well okay I was planning on helping the team but I guess you expect me to be your personal knockup machine now. Usually they'll lose lane long before I ever get to roam and scream wait for late

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

This shows two things. That Gragas dmg is broken and that Champion Mastery is broken because I got a loving B+

I built Cinderhulk instead of Runic Echos, I could have done even more damage but we have no tank. But a B+??????

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I was playing jungle, placed four pink wards, cleared a bunch of vision, got every dragon on spawn after 9 minutes in, flame horrizened the other jungler, and went 4/0/12 and they surrendered at 20 and still got an A- I want my loving keys rito

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

I know this might come off as :tinfoil: but there have been a few international tournaments where Riot didn't intend to bring the OGN casters and ended up doing it after there was a lot of fan outrage. I bet you the EU and NA casters are getting paid like everyone else.
No the issue is that Riot is still petty as poo poo and they're paying OGN casters 40-70% of what the NA/EU casters are because they're all paid directly by Riot, while OGN are independent contractors.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

$700
$211

The website's loading so slowly, who wants the over/under on how close to $1,000 I've spent on this dumb game

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

$700
$211

The website's loading so slowly, who wants the over/under on how close to $1,000 I've spent on this dumb game
$225 on my last account.

I've spent $1,136 on this game

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Rurea posted:

I cant get the stupid money website to work for me gently caress you Riot i want to know
why does this site load so slowly
If it was posted on Reddit it's probably because a couple tens of thousands of people are hammering the servers at once since its new.

I think it'd be worth paying $5 to see some
Goon's detailed account history to see how many times they've gotten reported and over what :v:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

NTT posted:

I'm gonna be on my smurf for a bit if anybody likes elo
Yeah lemme get my account out of Bronze real quick should be easy elo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I tried Jungle Fizz and did really well until Jungle Shyvana did really weller and well she's kinda broken right now so when I was 5/1 and she was 9/0 I knew my fun was over.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Bliss Authority posted:

I'm learning Ekko rn, trying to figure out a good tank build.

My first thoughts were Hybrid Pen marks, CDR and magic defense seals, armor glyphs and move-speed or hp quints; get an early Iceborn Gauntlet and Spirit Visage, then Warmogs and Hextech Gunblade. Runic Echoes in the jungle, maybe Abyssal Scepter because I'm Bronze 3 and no one ever builds mr I swear to god.

Please tear my build to shreds before toplane quinn does it for me
Frozen Fist, Spirit Visage, and maybe an Abyssal and GA?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

He doesn't do enough physical damage that hybrid is better than mpen. Use AP quints to clear faster (and give a better shield). You don't need MR glyphs as a jungler.

Don't build Spirit Visage, Warmogs, or Gunblade (seriously wtf gunblade as a "tank build").

Abyssal Scepter is good, I don't know what relevance you being in bronze has to it being a good item. It reduces their MR by 20, and everyone has more than 20 MR.
Actually if they're in Bronze 3 should probably just learn to play Malphite or Nautilus in Top/Mid/Jungle because hard engage is a lot better than a champion that requires a semi decent skill cap.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Bliss Authority posted:

Interesting, why GA? My thoughts on the gunblade were more damage and survivability - I already want Visage for Chronobreak heal, and spellvamp / lifesteal would just make him that much more diehard.

Oh, and probably going 12/0/18 with Grasp of the Undying and "mo slow mo damage" for similar reasons.

Please note: I'm bad though I am trying to git gud. Not playing Ekko ranked until I git gud.
GA because you can't do damage if you're dead and unless you're so good at Ekko you're stomping people like Huni does you're probably going to be spending a bit of time dead on a melee-based caster. Should also be able to cheese a bit if your ultimate and GA both are up.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

There were three people fighting over that dragon dude in Champion select and threatening to feed if they didn't get it, so I decided I would ban him so none of them could play him and the level of salt from all three of them was amazing. The best part was I hovered Gragas jungle at the begining even though I was going to play Ekko and they started fighting over who could gently caress me over by picking Gragas after that.

I love league of legends

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Urgot's last claim to fame was back when Keane decided to use him for god remembers what reason on Gravity and he became FotM for a while. Then I think he got nerfed again

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Hextech is great for new players and almost entirely useless to anyone who already plays a ton of games because you've probably got most of what you wanted anyway and the skins are all based on RNG

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It's still silly how much champions cost, that runes cost at all, and that there's still only 10 free champions any given week despite there being almost 150.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Technically they're not useless either. If you own all champions, just save any champion shards you get, and combine three of them whenever a new champion comes out. You'll get the new champion guaranteed.
But there's not much else to spend IP on if you've got all champions other than really gimmicky rune pages and name changes.

• Locked thread