Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
How does anyone play soloqueue in this game given how garbage matchmaking is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Tequila Sunrise posted:

This is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe add a "If an enemy other than the marked target is hit by the bullet, they take an additional (x%) damage" or something. That would at least make it a little bit more of a risk doing it, whereas now even the squishiest champ can intercept it if they want. Or maybe even just like a massive slow/root if an unintended target took the damage? That way if the enemy team was trying to disengage they would have to choose between one of them dying or one possibly getting caught out.

Then you just aim for a different target to be sure it's blocked; it doesn't really solve much.

Also the idea of a sniper intentionally wanting to hit the wrong target seems pretty silly.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
It's hard to get too excited about Kayne when Bey already dropped the best track of the year.

Also I hate this game and I hate ranked and everyone who plays ranked is a garbage person.

It would be really cool to get a game where someone didn't fly into a wild rage and quit playing the first time they died.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Does WOTA still exist with lots of spell vamp? Spell vamp on ult w made for massive heals and was hilarious

It still exists but the flat spell vamp is gone and replaced with healing equal to 15% of all pre-mitigation damage dealt by abilities (5% for AoE spells)

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

That dude is right, rank x should only play rank x, none of this golds vsing silver crap. mmr not being connected directly to lp is stupid.

This is why I immediately stopped bothering with placements:

Dynamic Queue is the dumbest thing they've done in a really long time. The only benefit of ranked was that my bronze rear end didn't have to play into stacked diamond/plat teams with their bronze friend and now it doesn't even have that anymore.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
This is new:

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
After my 15th or so game in a row of people either AFKing or screaming friend of the family/human being every time they die because they try to solo a 1v3 knowing that Lyte and Riot don't give two shits about player experience as long as they're buying skins and Lyte can write some hot undergrad level papers along the lines of "People with racial slurs in their usernames are bad" I've finally uninstalled this nightmare of a game.

I'm free.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

AttackBacon posted:

Semi-Annual PBE new champion report: His Q seems to scale infinitely in size, at max rank E (the range on E increases) you can cruise halfway across the map and arrive with an AoE stun literally the size of the screen. :iia:

Please post a picture of this thank you.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Spiros posted:

The more you know I guess

Also she initially politely asked McDonalds to help her cover her medical bills because she didn't want it to be a thing and they told her to gently caress off really rudely.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

i thought he was supposed to be really good, not wasteful

His background is that he was like a master wizard but thought wizard school was super boring so he decided to map some tunnels (?) and then Piltover was like "HOLY poo poo THESE MAPS ARE SICK" and gave him a billion dollars to be the official PILTOVER GRANDMASTER OF EXPLORING so he ditched wizard school and now just farts around *~*~exploring*~* with his ridiculous lifestyle fully funded by the Piltover government.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I reinstalled because I'm weak.

How are people building Jarvan top and jungle now that he's not trash?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Edit: Never mind; I just need to stop playing ranked.

How is Aurelion Sol looking on the PBE?

Aerox fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 10, 2016

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

lol, ranked is so bad right now, what is going on?

Man I dunno but it's infuriating. I'm at a literal 14% win rate right now and while I definitely made mistakes and probably caused at least a couple of those losses, the majority of them were either straight 4v5s or we had someone (almost always botlane) feed 12+ kills to the other botlane and the jungler before the 25 min mark. I can usually win lane reasonably, like 3/1 or 4/1 or something, but it doesn't matter when the 14/1/0 Platinum Jinx who was laning against two silver Vs comes screaming across the map and racks up a pentakill.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Verviticus posted:

to be fair, you deserved that because you tried to play tank akali

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

PhrenzZ posted:

Two of the most often played adcs have negative WRs, and then Kog'maw has a miserable 44%, so that probably makes up for it.

There's a lot of double adc comps as well with Ez/Corki mid or Quinn/Graves top, and they tend to do well. The system may not be classifying them properly.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

NTT posted:

His wave clear is middling at best, but his ultimate is quite possibly the strongest in the game

I'm generally terrible at ADC but I've been doing really well with Jhin. Skills aside, he's just really fun to play! The only thing I don't like about him is that his traps are so easy to avoid I think I've only damaged someone with them once.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Whoever is in charge of Riot's matchmaking system deserves an award.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I had a bunch of RP sitting around so I tried the 11 chest bundle. Mostly skin junk and skins I already owned, but I got a shard for Pulsefire Esreal. It costs 3000 Essence to actually unlock though; none of the chests had Essence in them, and disenchanting everything else I got still doesn't even put me close to being able to unlock it.

Unless there's another way to earn essence other than getting ~400 per month from disenchanting whatever you get in your monthly chests, I don't see how you actually unlock anything you get in this system.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Yeah but like you can't even buy essence. How the hell do I actually unlock this?

I rerolled the other 9 skins I got into permanents and got Gragas Caskbreaker, TPA Ezreal, and Defender Leona, which are 2020 RP total, so I guess technically I saved money? Plus I have this Legendary Shard I can't unlock.

Aerox fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Mar 15, 2016

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

The whole system seems needlessly complex and puzzle-piece like instead of "here's a free thing"

It feels like they fundamentally misunderstood TF2s chest/crafting system. You pony up money for chests and keys, which give you items instantly and directly, or you disenchant poo poo you don't want but can use the parts from that to build poo poo you DO want over time but it takes way longer.

I thought all the chests were going to be like the free one where you got at least some essence + a shard when you opened them, but that's not the case. Here, the chests just kind of suck because whatever you get out of them you still won't be able to use because essence seems really hard to come by. You have to find something you want and then just sit on it for a month or two while you disenchant everything else you get. It really doesn't tap into the psychological thing TF2 does because it already seems like a slog and there's no instant gratification.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Since we are talking about Jhin I love him and I usually hate playing ADC but he's really fun and I feel like I do well with him even in games I lose.

I would like to echo the person earlier who said they struggled with his traps. Bond or anyone else playing Jhin -- what's the optimal use on them? They take so long to explode they are easily walked out of, and in laning it's always really obvious when I've dropped one so the support will just go clear it safely the second I get out of range. I try dropping them in the chaos of teamfights but then it's just time I'm not shooting people and most people still seem to be able to just move out of the way once they trigger. Right now I'm basically just using them as wards, which seems powerful enough, but I feel like there's some sort of major use for them I'm completely missing.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
You have inspired me to try Anivia tonight, Meth.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
League of Legends Season 6: Oops I Don't Have Ulti

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Have you considered doing tier rankings for posters in this thread based on the number of sick burns they've delivered vs engagement rate and assists from other popular posters because I would be interested in that information.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Please jesus bring this to live.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Aurelion Sol looks dope as gently caress but lol at the ganking part in the video where they're like "LOOK HOW POWERFUL AURELION SOL'S STARS ARE" because a greedy no health lucian flashes directly into one.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Do we know when the SassDragon is supposed to go live?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Sassdragon is out!

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Is this just the amount of RP converted into dollars, or actual money spent?

Like does this include the $150 in RP I got from their stupid debit card? Or am I $620 down not including all the free poo poo I've gotten too?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
My cool Hextech Crafting story is that I got a Pulsefire Ezreal shard (hooray!) but it's going to take me months to actually get the keys and essence to turn it into a real skin (It costs almost 3000 essence boo!).

Also Hextech Annie looks neat and I hope I get her.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Bland posted:

Man I've played over 2000 games and I don't think I've unlocked even half of the champions in the game, how many games do you have to have played to have no use for champion shards?

I conned Riot out of ~$150 worth of IP with their Chase Debit Card and devoted all that RP to champs when they'd go up on sale.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Gowby do you live in Los Angeles?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Just got a League survey asking about familiarity with all the factions of League, a little quiz on which champs are associated with which factions, and then a bunch of questions about how much you care about the lore and story of a specific set of champs:

Pantheon
Leona
TF
Sion
Nasus
Evelynn
Kalista

Potentially up for lore reworks and/or full reworks?

(Also questions about visiting various websites and music stuff.)

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Had an easily winnable game where our Bard would stasis everyone on purpose either in critical fights or when we'd be about to take the Nexus.

So glad Lyte's exciting toxicity research where no one ever gets banned so he can write papers is paying off.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

henkman posted:

That bard sounds cool

I like Bard more when I am playing him and am 6/0/0 and my ADC is complaining about how I'm stealing all his kills rather than the Bard that loses us the game.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I played tank Ekko tonight and even though I went like 0/4 to Illaoi and Jungle Shen's constant teleport tower dive ganks we still won and at the end of the game I was triple killing fools and walking out with 50% health.

It was pretty great.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Spiros posted:

It means there is no distinction anymore between solo queuers and people who play in 5 man's to get carried

Playing solo isn't a good idea in dynamic queue now because chances are high you'll be thrown against 3-4 man premades and you're at a disadvantage, either because there won't be one on your team at all, or there will and they'll refuse to coordinate with/help you and blame you for everything.

Dynamic ranked is pretty fun though if you always play with friends.

Aerox fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Apr 9, 2016

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Bholder posted:

What the gently caress kind of games are you playing where this is true?

Tell me where is this fabled land where people don't call each other retarded kids and then tell each other how they hosed their mother in six different languages so they can hide their shame or they don't know how to say it in english, I don't know but every rear end in a top hat does it...

The only difference I've noticed over the last year or whatever is that people have realized that they can be as heinous as they want to be as long as they avoid saying the magic racist/homophobic words that auto flag them for punishment.

The actual use of slurs is near zero but "toxicity" is just as bad, if not worse, now that everyone knows how the system works and that its pretty much fully automated with the removal of tribunal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

Been told y'all to stay woke on rammus for a grip now

Hasn't he been over 50% win rate for like four seasons?

• Locked thread