Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I like fizz, do you like fizz? How do you play and have fun and sometimes win with fizz?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGJ-XKT9FPM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
this is p. going to look shilly but i really like this guy's instrumentals for league-related listening purposes https://soundcloud.com/kraleofficial

it would be really cool but probably not practical if i could replace the music in league with his tracks (and/or the various loading screen themes, since those are also good), and either have them be champion-specific or just on shuffle, all controlled through the client

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

picture carefully excises your item build of six deathcaps

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

bewilderment posted:

I don't play LoL much at all any more but sometimes I look at streams to reminisce and relax and I'm puzzled by something -
Why is Trundle played as a support now? The ult is nice but that seems like 5 levels of exerting no pressure besides the occasional pillar.

I haven't played since mid S5.

Pillar is really really loving good at both engage and disengage.

Trundle can also just Chomp the enemy ADC in a trade and he's almost guaranteed to win thanks to the AD steal (if their support isn't some massive bully like Sona or whatever).

He also has significant natural regen thanks to his passive.

It's mostly the utility of the pillar though.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Last season i went 6-4 from the bottom of Silver 5 into Bronze 4 since my MMR was in the trash can. This season I went 4-6 from the bottom of Gold 5 to Silver 3 because my MMR from season 5 was still in Gold but I played my placements like a retard.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

i went warrior -> mercs -> maw -> duskblade on X in the Z Hao and I still one-hit their ADC, so I don't think this is even a sated + rageblade thing any more

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Methanar posted:

If your name is shen trundle gp poppy mao malphite darius nasus yasuo or mundo take grasp of the undying. Otherwise thunderlords.

grasp of the undying on yasuo sounds both uncool, and not good

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

el dingo posted:

Seems there's a lot of people who can fiora here - how do you lane against her, specifically with poppy? I've just started top more often and found her a hard matchup. Anyone worth their salt just ripostes my Q and then goes to town on me. If I manage to get some damage in she seems to have enough sustain to regain it pretty easily.

ban her

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

methanar 'i literally only play powerfarming midlaners and never gank' mcgee over here with the sick burns

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Sperglord Firecock posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF7vpS4n2Ko

tank karma...... is good

not me, a friend of mine

:eyepop:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

*fiora thoughts* I am ahead in CS, I am winning this lane

*shen thoughts* I press R and my team gets four kills, a tower, and a dragon

*fiora thoughts* I am alone in this lane, dunno why my team keeps feeding

hey man, i know what that fiora is feeling, why is her team feeding so much

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

(This is my bronze friend who has played rammus for 90% of this season. He usually goes top, builds thornmail first every game and doesn't build a jungle enchant until he has four or five items in the jungle. He has a stellar KDA of 2.06 over 42 games, but man is it worth watching the enemy ADC kill themselves on his defensive ball curl.)

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Gridlocked posted:

All these NA goons playing together and I can't find any OCE :(

i only play league with my irl friends, who are significantly nicer and cooler than goo- hahahaha i nearly finished that sentence

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Silver 1, 2-2 in promos, only play with my friends, most of which are bronze and won't be silver for the foreseeable future :ohdear:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Trip report for my fifth promo game to get into Gold and away from my friends. (Warning: long, boring, salty.)

http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/123345496/201183569

Two of my friends intentionally troll me by picking Nasus (the guy is a beast on Renekton and generally wins by dominating lane and rotating to camp the enemy mid laner, regardless of position) and mid Blitzcrank (Quite possibly the best Anivia player in Oceania, excellent mage player all around [when he isn't level 1 auto trading with a Corki], but when he really wants to lose, out comes full AP mid Blitz). Shen technically isn't a troll pick, but he basically never plays jungle, and this game demonstrates why, hard.

We get first blood by doing the classic invade through the red side blue buff, except what actually happens is their support Morgana tries to 1v1 our Sivir in the river and I (as Braum) walk down, Q her, and she dies. We then get their Ezreal in a similar dogpile since he'd already skilled Q, as well as Riven's flash as she fails to Q-hop over the river wall near mid. She later dies tower diving our Nasus.

Our Shen decides the best course of action 6 minutes into the game is to gank the 0/1 Riven who is trying and failing to starve Nasus, gifting Lee Sin the easiest double kill of his life. Lee then takes his level and gold advantage and sticks it up our rear end in bot lane.

Sivir proceeds to die in the stupidest ways possible for the rest of the game, including being solo killed by Morgana since he didn't know her ultimate applied a slow (???). Shen keeps ulting top to give Riven double kills so that the rest of us die 2v3 or 3v4. Twisted Fate teleports all over the map for farm while Riven and Lee Sin kill everyone and everything.

Their Morgana did more damage to champions than the three other non-Sivir champions on my team combined. I did more damage than Shen.

:salt:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Morgana is pretty much raw concentrated freelo in bronze because she has an extremely generous skillshot that CCs a target long enough for even the worst player to hit them until they die, hth

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

Sion is just Garrosh Hellscream.

I just had a mental image of a league MMO where you pick between 'caster minion' and 'melee minion' as your only classes and all the raids are you fighting champions

"DON'T STAND IN THE DECIMATING SMASH YOU FUCKS"

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Aurelion Sol's ultimate is so loving disappointing. How can Riot have such a huge department of creative people and designers and that piddly poo poo is the best they could come up with? Any person who browses Wikipedia for five minutes on the birth and death of stars would get a dozen ideas on some big epic spell for his ultimate. This thing is like some early iteration that they talk about later on like "this was one of the earlier versions of his ultimate but it was scrapped because while it had good interaction with his kit it felt underwhelming and low impact and didn't fit his theme very well". Even if it did decent damage you're only using it to shove melee people away and get someone into a good position for your Q/W, so it's just a vehicle for his other spells. Some PR shill even said on Reddit that they went with this because they needed some sort of dragon's breath attack to make him feel like a proper dragon. This isn't some epic dragon's breath, it's a sneeze. I'm ranting but I'm a big astronomy nerd and this is such a big letdown. Everything else about him is awesome and the part that should be the coolest thing about him is basically copy/pasted from Syndra's E.

Unfortunately, the 'big channelled damage spell that resembles a dragon's breath on an AoE mage' is already taken by Vel'Koz and it's pretty much the only interesting thing Vel'Koz does, so.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

I think if Sol's ult was a Shyvana E-shaped cone with about half its current range it would feel a lot more impactful and dragon-like.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Argona posted:

Syndra's e exists, which is probably why they didn't go for the cone.

Nah, my idea is that it would be a fuckoff huge zone of damage rather than a thin, long blast (as it is now) or a projectile delivery system (which is what Syndra's E actually is). The current ult feels too long-range for a mage who is otherwise quite focused on getting close but not too close to people, and its behaviour is less like a dragon's breath and more like a generic wizard spell.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

ezreal is blue beetle + indiana jones + anime

this has been your 'what terrible pop culture references is this league of legends champion' with ungulateman

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

blind pick is nice when you feel like participating in a saltyteemo game [not that i have a choice, given that oceania never had and never will have normal draft and gently caress playing flex queue without five people]

1v2ing bot lane as alistar because you have two junglers and helping your gigantic leblanc carry certainly isn't the game i want to play but it's a nice substitute for actual fun

knight's vow is super good against full ad comps as well because of the gigantic chunk of armor it gives you too

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

sure is cool losing because i randomly spike to 1000 ping for no reason 35 minutes into the game during the fight over elder dragon

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

this is going to sound dumb but league killed the league because dota 2 came out and proved you could have an incoherent garbage fantasy world for your fight-mans game without having an explanation for why your mans are fighting [in a specific arena with creeps and a jungle and everything, i mean]

and that people will love it

see: braum, the greatest character ever created, who has nothing to do with the league of legends and would be a much worse character if he needed to join the league somehow

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

new character is cute girl with a skillshot q, three-hit passive w, dash on e, and utility ultimate [note: i don't actually know this but it's totally going to be]

it's almost a parody of itself at this point

seriously i'd rather be that cool robot bodyguard with a saw arm, that guy looks :krad:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Alris posted:

Is anyone else finding they're unable to spectate games with the new client?

you can't spectate in the new client but you can in the old one and it has a new spectator ui that resembles the new client :riot:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

I LOVE champions that are unbeatable 1v1 and are bad at teamfighting, thus resulting in INFINITE SPLITPUSH WORKS

Just remove splitpushing from the game tia

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Because braum is cool, and good

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

I don't see what's 'big plays' about Riot NA hitting a switch to make Doublelift get six crits in a row so they can win the NALCS just so they can get knocked out in groups at worlds

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

i think you could reasonably find a warcraft character who is at least a decent fit for every single league character, i'm almost tempted to try if it wouldn't end up being a long boring list so here's some quick hot takes

aurelion sol is almost exactly sargeras

swain and gul'dan fit the exact same trope of 'cunning mastermind who actually just kills people with overpowered magic'

darius is uncannily similar to grommash

gragas is chen stormstout

riven is a teenage girl's blood elf warrior self-insert who feels ~conflicted~ about being part of the ~bad guys~

it's not even dota where them being expys is sort of the point, they're just overwhelmingly generic not-quite-fantasy-not-quite-scifi characters (with pretty much the only exceptions being original 40 characters like annie and taric, and plenty of the original 40 are blatant ripoffs of pop culture and/or mythology too)

funnily enough, braum, my favourite character, is absolutely a mythological figure, but he doesn't really slide neatly into previous archetypes because they explicitly went out of their way to make a tough, masculine but supportive character and picked design elements that weren't common elsewhere

his best point of comparison is paul bunyan and even then that's a stretch

ungulateman fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Nov 22, 2016

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

More importantly, every character in league of legends is just stolen from metal gear rising

Fiora? Raiden

Yasuo? Raiden

Irelia? Monsoon, actually

Camille? Raiden

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

it's pretty fun losing to top lane splitpushers that can effortlessly 1v2 because we have ap malphite

then when i go top they still have an infinite splitpusher but they also have a jungle graves OTP that splitpushes all game whenever i teleport and get a double kill, thus resulting in us getting splitpushed to death anyway

what i'm saying is remove teamfighting from the game and just make every lane always splitpushing

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

a solo queue jungle haiku

smite support blitz
in my jungle
bot lane 4 cs down 2v1

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

I've been trying for literally hours now and I just want one (1) game where top and mid dont feed so I can get first win of the day and move on. These are the situations where you feel helpless as supp cause you win lane then just slowly see your score get wrecked as you try to help people who can't be saved.

play an intermediate bot game if you want first win of the day that badly

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKce96nhHVY

the super galaxy team has their villain for the anime's first arc

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

play braum, mid feeds, jungler vanishes into the Yi Zone, we lose

play mid varus, enemy mid feeds, jungler enters the Vi Zone, we win

problem solved

also does anyone have thoughts on whether the change to varus' passive makes attack speed any better on him? i decided to go essence reaver into RFC and it felt pretty good but that's mostly because i have a pathological aversion to building tear because gently caress spending 750 gold on mana regen and nothing else

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

league of legends is the WORST GAME IN HUMAN HISTORY

http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/165355444/201183569?tab=overview

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Sexpansion posted:

Nasus backdoor?

The enemy inhibitor respawned as we were killing their nexus on two separate occasions

We utterly rolled bot lane by virtue of Bard being one of the worst support players I have ever seen, but it didn't matter, because Malzahar had 1800 ping for the first 35 minutes and Renekton was too busy failing to dive the full armor Nasus and/or 1v4ing

Then we all died on the second attempt to kill the nexus, thwarted by the respawning inhibitor, and the Nasus ended the game solo during our death timers

I am literally never playing league of legends again, i have no interest in a game that has no interest in letting 1/5th of each team have actual zero impact on their team winning outside of ridiculous corner cases and/or zyra (in fairness the game i played with the 3/11 gangplank and 0/13 yasuo, with gangplank's kills being an ult underneath our t1 tower as i stunned their entire team as leona inside it, was also a contributing factor)

• Locked thread