Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Tales of Woe posted:

sure why not

guaranteeing one of your 2 best roles more than makes up for the clunkier interface In My Opinion

If only I had 2 good roles instead of just the 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Aerox posted:

How does anyone play soloqueue in this game given how garbage matchmaking is?

wat

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Jhin looks annoying as heck

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
People call her MF so she should be under M but nobody calls Mundo "DM"

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Stefan Prodan posted:

Anyone wanna tell me what I'm probably doing wrong in teamfights as nocturne?

I have a pretty good early game usually (unless something bad happens) but I mean I generally go something decent like 2/1/2 or like 1/1/4 or sometimes something nuts like 4/0/3 or whatever, but anyway, I find later on after laning is over even though I have like the red smite sword with warrior, and ghostblade, and like DMP or something I still get blown up before I can kill the adc in teamfights most times. Should I like wait way late until the peelers go do something else? I usually try to turn my ult on as soon as they engage because I want to get max value from the vision loss but I find that if I go in like immediately I just get blown up by eating everyone's cc before I can kill the adc or whatever.

It's funny because I used to play adc and even as like Caitlyn I would just insta die to nocturne every fight so I can't figure out what they were doing that I"m not. Maybe I wasn't sticking close enough to my team or whatever.

I'll upload some replays and maybe people can critique or something, but like in general what should Nocturne be doing during teamfights? Should I just hang around the front line to peel for a bit and then only try to ult on the backline when people start getting scattered?

First a checklist: Are you using shield correctly when going in? Are you landing your Q on the ADC, and preferably the fear as well? Are you running Thunderlords?

When I'm on Nocturne and we're having proper 5v5 teamfights, I like to wait for people to commit to the fight and then jump on the carry (preferably from out of vision). Sometimes diving a well-protected ADC can be the correct thing to do, for instance: You've built full damage and they have no shields or heals so you have a chance to instantly burst them regardless of their help, or you feel like your team will win the other half of the fight that isn't you vs the backline in which case you can die to keep them busy for a while.

Don't think of your ult as utility if that is costing you opportunities to kill carries. Nocturne is in a good place with item builds that he can go a lot of different ways and understanding how much damage to build and when versus getting tanky is always going to depend on the situation. I would also recommend just not picking him into very strong peel, or ADCs that can self-peel, or god forbid both because you won't have as good a time and a different champion could perform better. You're picking him to either kill the back line or zone them.

Ideally you don't teamfight at all and get to spend all game picking off stupid ADCs splitpushing bot forever

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
get more skiller

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
What happened here

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Naut's fuckin great and has been for ages, but his winrate keeps going up patch after patch which probably means he's about to get destroyed. Sad

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Hi everyone, my name is flyingkiwi and I've been clean off league of legends for three weeks

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Tequila Sunrise posted:

What's a good champion that can play a couple different positions I can reliably pick? I was thinking Kayle for Top/Mid/JG but she's real FOTM now and gets picked/banned pretty often.

nocturne top/mid/jungle

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Kha'Zix is the third most played jungler at the moment and his win rate isn't even garbage anymore! Those buffs must have helped. Anyone been playing him?

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
on the contrary, attacking faster is the best option at all times

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Why is Poro King back? Why isn't it cool and good game modes?

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Tired Moritz posted:

if i get higher elo, will i stop seeing supports that wont buy sightstone

Yes, right up until you get Methanar as support

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Just read some random posts in the last few weeks and months about how pro junglers like this iteration of the jungle and everything is fine and dandy and whatnot and now Riot want to gently caress with it some more. Awesome!!

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Look yourself up on op.gg and it tells you what percentage you are

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Buff timers and no mastery emote, riot making GBS threads on their billion dollar baby

Also, apparently there is net LESS Xp in the jungle although I was lead to believe there'd be more.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Mikujin posted:

If you have a jungle item, there's a fraction more (it's insignificant, you still reach level 4 at after a full clear). If you don't have a jungle item, there's noticeably less.

If you have two jungle items it's noticeably less

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Man, normals are terrible now.

http://champion.gg/statistics/#?sortBy=general.winPercent&order=descend&roleSort=

Also drat

also, Zac got buffed

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
The rear end absolutely dropped out of Xin on this patch, he is now the worst win rate jungler from being one of the best

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Junglers can and do carry games regularly if they're any good

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I've had chat restrictions, because I like to get drunk and insult my team a lot, and I deserve them. It also took a lot of effort to get them. I didn't even say racist or homophobic poo poo, so you know I earned them the hard way.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I played Ekko top against a Vlad and let me tell you, that was lame and Vlad does a million damage and doesn't leave lane unless he wants to

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Three fire dragons in a row is pretty stupid. Adding RNG to the game is stupid in general.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I went and solo'd dragon ASAP in my last game, but it was air dragon. I got the next one but that was air dragon too, then the other team got a fire dragon and we lost.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Game of Dragons

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Make it give you a passive where if you take no damage for a little while, you become immune to CC and get 90% damage reduction

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

SlyFrog posted:

It's not hard. Just substitute "retard" for "human being."

So, for example, after Lee invades your jungle, you fight him for 30 seconds and neither of your lanes next to that side of jungle move the entire time, you type, "Jesus Christ wake up and look at the minimap retards."

It's the "retard" that makes it spicy.

I associate very strongly with this

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I accidentally became a one-trick pony and now I can't win games on other things

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

exethan posted:

are you still maining nocturne or what

that's the bunny

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

I like the champions you play, and also that you build Mejais and never die

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/133671870/200186272?tab=overview

I built the AP jungle item on Hecarim, on purpose, because I saw some random dude's match history who was doing well with it. And I did well with it. I'm no statistician but this is the perfect build.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Not to just contradict what everyone's saying, but don't help your loving team in bronze, they're utter garbage. If you can't carry from top lane try jungle or mid or ADC and see if you can do it there, or change up your champions. Win lane harder, push into the enemy jungle and steal that poo poo, last hit better so you're always ahead of the schmuck you're facing. If you teleport bot lane, your bot lane will completely gently caress up the gank and you'll all die and they'll say
"?" "Why?" "I just want to farm" etc

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Another thing is that you should play a champion that can destroy turrets and push on their own because you're going to have to

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
How will my team know how bad they are if I don't tell them

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I thought about it a while ago and I think I'm pretty good at league, but there are people who beat me every game at a higher rank, and people who beat them and people who beat them and people who beat them and then at the top of OCE are our "pros" who can't beat any pros from any Western region, and those pros can't beat any Koreans and those Koreans can't beat SKT. And I think I'm good

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
it's reassuring to know nobody will truly be a Master of their chosen champions until they do some arbitrary, stupid, lovely bullshit that has nothing to do with actually playing league of legends that nobody cares about

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
Urf is back. Tried tank Ekko, felt like an immortal piece of poo poo

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
man I am on a lose streak in ranked a mile wide. 3 afks on the last 4 games and a terrible run before that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Servaetes posted:

You'd think that, but it's a good role. You can do a lot of controlling of the map, and it's relaxing with regards to farming, there's a massive toolbox of champs you can play. There's of course the lane-you-wanted-to-gank-dies-before-you-get-second-buff problem that happens, but overall pretty fun.

plus it was either be the jungler for our serious 5s team or support :v:

I love to jungle. You don't lose in the jungle like you can lose lane, you barely get ganked. If you can tune out all the flaming it's very peaceful.

http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/134327178/48686865?tab=overview

Also, Hecarim is strong now. Believe it or not I got flamed for my 1 death in this game.

• Locked thread