Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Except shyvana has her movespeed level 1 and does considerably more early game damage.

this is the other reason yi is bad, he has to go full damage to do his thing whereas shyv/udyr/xin go tanky after 1-2 items.

All the Yi's I've seen that have done well build Devourer, Titanic Hydra, Sunfire/Deadmans, Visage and end up being a total shitlord because of it.

Full damage Yi is garbage except in bronze imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Things aren't really "bad" in bronze apart from actual nonfunctional builds like stacking AP on Graves or some poo poo.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I like how Kog barely got a tap on the wrist. Udyr didn't get hit very hard either.

Those two are still gonna be top bans, huh.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Mottie posted:

Base attack speed nerfs are exponential though,
for example if he has 250% bonus attack speed he's going to lose 0.2 attacks per second, which means it'll take kog an extra second or so to stack his gunblade (which in itself takes time to give him attack speed), that doesn't seem like much but remember he functions entirely off of on hits, so he has a larger period of vulnerability when you try to fight him.
It's probably not going to be enough to make him weak though.

Then again this doesn't mean poo poo down in bronzeland so who knows.

Yeah but even then his power is so significantly high that this reduction won't have much of an impact. Tuning down his utterly obscene lategame damage to be only very obscene doesn't do anything. If he gets to his lategame he wins pretty much regardless of whatever else happens.

If they want to tune him down in a way that matters without just erasing him from playability they need to impact the reliability of his getting to endgame like they explained they're trying to do with Malphite.

RE: Udyr nerfs, the total sum reduction in his stats is 20 off the shield at rank 5, 20 off the cone damage every third hit at rank 5, and 3% bonus movespeed lost from Mana Echoes. It'll hurt him a bit but that does absolutely nothing to his insane clear speed, farming, pushing, etc. potential.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Feb 24, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The Leblanc skin is really great, and Hextech Tibbers is metal as gently caress.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Don't do buffs the first clear.

Edit: The most effective jungle path is to rush level 6 imo. Krug>wolves>raptors>stone bros>base
Krug>blue>wolves>raptors>red>stone bros>rift scuttler and you're level 6.

Easy, quick and painless, at least for Udyr, Wukong and Rumble.

Also works well for Shyvana and probably Xin.

It seems way too risky in most games though. Like, if your opponents catch on at all they'll just grab both of your buffs.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Remember to start Doran's Blade and be super rude with your W. (Kennen)

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

SaberToothedPie posted:

your post inspired me to look up kennen stats and I guess fqc was the only thing keeping him afloat. Look at the patch 6.2 dip lol http://champion.gg/champion/Kennen/Top

That was the patch that hosed up game times, where Kennen is a character that does not generally thrive in short games.

It was also only a drop from 49.5% to 48% which is basically nothing. He's still a perfectly playable champion that causes a lot of issues for a bunch of top laners.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

He's actually coded as an item.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Top lane is loving real

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

So my friend drew a thing:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

AHH FUGH posted:

What did he put on the frog mans head?

Squidward's nose, it's a joke about an old Spongebob episode.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It lasted through my entire shift at work so that sounds about right.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

Holy poo poo there are so many Yis at this ELO.

The Yi Carry Meme is pretty strong in Bronze.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Lucian is waaaaaaay better right now. Also less finicky to learn imo

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Your job as mid Morgana has not been to walk into a fight and ult+zhonyas since like season two. QW on cooldown and using your ult to follow up on other engage when you're not at risk is a much more effective use of her kit, especially when you can take huge advantage of her pushing strength and safety to deny the opposing mid farm and knock towers down. FQC+RoA+Luci is absolutely core on her with how insanely gold-efficient RoA is right now and how much catalyst helps her do her main job which is pushing hard and constantly.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

he is kinda poo poo right now tbh. not feeling yi every time i play him and i used to play him despite the myriad of complaints goons would throw at me for doing so

You're probably playing him wrong, tbh, and falling into the "build AS and crit" trap that most people assume you're supposed to build him like. His good playstyle now is Devourer - Titanic Hydra - tank items and anything else is begging to be food for the enemy team.

Not that he's super good or anything but he isn't bad.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Radical posted:

people that pick naut and build zzrot should be arrested

mods??

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2112067996/31652782?tab=stats

First penta since AP Yi :toot:

The new lifesteal keystone on Olaf is really good. It makes the <10% hp duels wicked strong on top of how good Olaf is at that bullshit already.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I feel like that's way more abusable as a jungler for huge amounts of sustain in your first clear. How likely am I to get banned for trying it?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I misunderstood how it worked and thought you could stack it without committing the gold and still have a jungle item, that's not actually good at all on junglers. Thanks custom games.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

CDR boots are probably more valuable to Kayle than AS boots, especially if you're getting 10% from runes and build no other CDR items than Nashor's. AS boots kinda suck in general right now.

Swifties might also be pretty great depending on the enemy team comp.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

slydingdoor posted:

Seriously if you want advice on Morgana play you should be listening to this guy.

Heh

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Don't you also use it to splitpush for you and force 5v4 fights?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sololane Morg really is incredible right now, even if you lose lane which I do all the time because I'm a scrub you shove so hard and contribute so much to poke/seige/pre-fight bullshit and if you ever land a big ult you basically win the entire teamfight yourself.

tl;dr play Morgana mid or even top right the gently caress now.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

How Rude posted:

she is just kind of ok but right now its Nautilus Top/Support, Malphite Top, etc. that are really strong right now. Shyvana and Udyr are also utter shitlers in the Jungle at the moment so you have tanky dicks with lots of CC running around doing a million base damage so picking Sej is a little scary if the enemy gets Shyv or Udyr.

multiple ADC comps are also very popular which is probably part of the reason high base damage tanks/bruisers have such high winrates.

I love the people that will ban Malphite and then pick something dumb like Jhin mid.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Libertine posted:

A lot of people ban out Malphite specifically because they want to play some really sub-optimal heavy AD laner regardless of enemy draft.

That's what I mean, yeah. It's a good sign to play something underpicked that still wrecks their poo poo, like support Taric or a jungler that can slap on 400 armor without caring too much.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Plenty of jungler+top combos can dive with impunity so that's not much of an advantage, also a lot of champions have a hard time last hitting between tower damage and damage from your own minions.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The Jarvan buff went through :shepface:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Oh poo poo, guys.

Silversquid is gonna be capped at 50 permanent members now.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I made a post on the NA version of the patch notes maybe if enough people upvote it Riot will raise the ca-hahahaha who the gently caress am I kidding

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Libertine posted:

What's actually dumb is using a chat room any time after the 1990s.

It's not the chat feature that matters, it's having a huge pool that goons can join and invite people to games from. It makes coordinating games much easier and better because you can just mass invite the channel and don't have to worry about everyone individually updating all of their friend lists (which are implemented horribly in League anyway)

I'd be super hype for outright replacing chat channels with guilds (which is what clubs are) except for the fact that the player limit is 50 which is dumb.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Like at that point why not just make LoL characters in Mugen

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

That voice acting gave me ear cancer.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

He's beta Twisted Fate.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:swoon:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

kingcobweb posted:

No you don't, you just click behind you. There are very few skills that facing matters on in League (Corki, Rumble, and for enemies Cassio)

I absolutely hate playing Corki and Rumble for this very reason. The frontal cone abilities feel so utterly poo poo to use in a game like this.

Cassio's ult would be great in Other Game where turn speed is a thing but it isn't so it's a bit of a coinflip most of the time especially against ADCs who are a-moving constantly. It's really good against dashes, though.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It's really weird to me that Rumble can be considered an old champion. His release feels fairly recent to me for some reason.

E: Rumble has the most really good skins of any character in the game are you high

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kashuno posted:

dunno his actual release at all, all I know is he was already in the game when I started in s3

e; his skins are butt

He has two skins and they're both excellent. He has a 100% great skin ratio, unlike every single other character in the game.

• Locked thread