Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
Adding to what someone posted in the last thread:

Garen jungle is straight nasty on Treeline. You get to avoid the cancer laning phase vs. ranged altogether, and reach your lategame carry status much easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
That ult is so poo poo. If he could lock someone down while still autoattacking, and then swapping, it would be a whole lot better. But suppressing yourself to switch you and someone else 100 pixels is just worthless.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
I know what you're talking about, but that doesn't make the ult "good".

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Urgot is pretty good in the jungle now, and Zilean works too!

Zilean jungle works very well. He is very vulnerable early, but can carry later.

Also, saving passive till 5, then dropping it on an (also 5) laner outside of enemy vision and immediately ganking with your two ultimates works wonders.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

please do not post these like they are real Good Builds otherwise we're going to get a Chumbler 2.0

:shrug:

I've done it more than once. I'm not saying it's the best jungler, but it works.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

Mystery Prize posted:

God gently caress Fiora forever. Completely unbeatable in lane as a melee unless you're also a lane bully or you get jungle help the entire game.

I do well with Garen vs her.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
I don't think devourer is all that great even without a nerf...you lose so much time stacking it that the game is already basically decided one way or the other by the time you finish it.

In other words if you managed to do drag, bot scuttle, top scuttle, then rift herald, you are probably going to win the game anyway because your team obviously controls the map as it is. Especially now where the norm is 20 min games.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Warlord's bloodlust is bonkers on ADCasters, it's up to 20% lifesteal on physical damage, not just autos.

Really? I'll have to try this out.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

Alris posted:

Illaoi is bad and deserving of buffs. Lots of buffs. Just.. not enough to make her popular.

Her soul snatching is so annoying and easy to land that I wouldn't want to ever see her often until that is less time-wasting to play against.

It doesn't make her good at all, just annoying.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

Lady Naga posted:

Hi I'm theladynaga please teach me how to get out of normals hell.

Dynamic Queue normals suck because it's all parties making GBS threads on solos.

I really liked dynamic when it first came out...as an idea it's great, but I am rapidly changing my mind as I get matched up as the odd man with a 4-man team and then get poo poo talked the entire game in chat.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
I don't know/understand how half of the interactions in this game work. Very little is explained plainly in game. Or you get things with different explanations on different screens (website vs. tooltip vs. client)

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

Safety Scissors posted:

So what's everyone's experience with crafting so far? I don't play that much SR, and I got all of my chests and three key fragments so far. I don't think I'll have any problem getting or opening chests overall.

I think I am picking this point as when i quit playing league. I already feel that there are already too many grindy and irrelevant features, and this will just be another layer of that on top.

Combine that with the games that are 30-2 stomps by 20 mins this season, and the current meta/balance, and I'm just not having a ton of fun with the game atm. Maybe I'll check back in a few patches.

Later goons, I did enjoy the goonman games :)

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

I'm sure noone ITT cares since it's TT, but new Van Damme's is a really bad Win Harder item; if you control one altar it's literally just a worse Sunfire Cloak (and they explicitly make sure to not have it stack with other sunfire items), and if you control both altars you get Lizard Buff (but if you're controlling both altars your team is getting 1% mana and hp healing on minion kill, so you have to be doing pretty badly to lose at that point). It also costs too much to supplement an early snowball-roll gimmick where you rush it and crush the enemy jungler early.

I've seen basically nobody build it so far.

E: Oh, also Riot is officially the internet's misguided mom on facebook

Neuro what's your name in game? I play a fair amount of treeline as well.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

Neurolimal posted:

Teletromic, I usually either play top lane or jungle.

Sent you a friend request as Myrfin.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
Thanks to everyone posting about MF in the thread; I'm having quite a lot of fun with her in Hexakill.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

Lerius posted:

Thanks to everyone posting about MF in the thread; I'm having quite a lot of fun with her in Hexakill.

Though going 18/3/14 and not getting an S lets you know how broken she is on that mode.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
The Bork buff seems pretty big. Have any math-goons figured out if it's still garbage? Or is it worth buying now?

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

Bholder posted:

Soloq is horrible, downright unplaybale.

I thought dynamic was all about who has the bigger stack with the smurf friend, but no, even in soloq it's the duo that carries or ruins everything. With this autofill everywhere lanes are just horrible, we have support malphites and luxes losing to each other it is just horrible to watch.

Not like removing duos would help much, I don't know if it is the solo thing or the new season but the people we get are just dispecable, like EVERY GAME so far had your complete cliche vayne players who start to cry because jungle never ganks and when somebody touches their cs they run right into the enemy. It was bad before but not THIS bad.

Autofill seems to kick in very fast as well for some reason; I queue as top/mid and somehow got adc after only waiting 2 minutes. Somehow the game went well, but having to play adc for the first time in a year was definitely odd.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
Am I crazy or is Ryze top crazy strong?

I'm contemplating maining Ryze until they rework his broken rear end for the 14th time.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
I feel completely irrelevant as a toplaner atm. Sure you can tp down when there is a fight breaking out bot, but being a 4/0 toplaner is not equal to the enemy team having a 4/0 mid or a 4/0 jungle.

The only time I feel super useful when ahead is when playing a good splitpusher and constantly have 2-3 people topside trying to kill me.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

el dingo posted:

What is it with whiny adc's these days - 2 games in a row they're bitching me out for 'KS' when im supporting (carrying) them. Not my fault Naut hits like a truck

Reply with 'You farm the minions, I farm the champions'

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
Not being able to play fullscreen this patch is getting old quickly.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
When they physically block you from walking around a tower/inhib because they decided to make a solid wall. That poo poo is infuriating. Some champs being 100 pixels across and others being 1,000 doesn't help either.

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013
Don't play ranked. It really doesn't mean much. If it did you would be placed with people at your skill level, rather than pubstomping your way up the ladder for 100+ games before you get in with people around your real skill level.

Just play norms and have fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lerius
Mar 9, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

It's the solo queue dream mode. I don't like it and I'm patiently awaiting URF again for one weekend because "If we do it too much it will get boring"

URF, ARURF, and Brawlers were the good modes. Ascension is ok, Everything else is bad, imo. Nexus Siege is worse than bad, somehow.

• Locked thread