Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fnox
May 19, 2013

Servaetes posted:

Furia de Titanes de Mediocre

Furia de los Titanes Mediocres.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fnox
May 19, 2013

fnox
May 19, 2013

Bland posted:

Kog'Maw's rework is the stupidest thing Riot has ever pulled off, and I do not say that lightly.

I don't think there is anything more stupid than Morde ADC and how shoehorned that was.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Please be real PLEASE

fnox
May 19, 2013

Zilean mid...is good

fnox
May 19, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

That's a fun video and i legit think Zilean is busted right now as a mid at least.

He's loving insane and there really is nothing more satisfying than seeing some poor poor Zed literally flash into his turret after bursting him down to half health when he simply wanted to get a minion, only to have the kill show up 3 seconds later while I'm already recalling as the second bomb detonates.

He's a massive turd that can solo kill with a single combo without Ignite, that also farms super easily and can deny melee champions of CS, that is also nigh ungankable, that is also super easy to play.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Aerox posted:

What broke him, and what items are people running on him? Last I remember he was kind of turdy after his rework.

That's the beautiful thing, absolutely nothing changed about him. If all, the resurgence of immobile mages simply gave him easier matchups, but he's been flying under the radar for a while. Start RoA, then get 40% CDR, and make the most out of that spike. He sort of suffers against people with blinks because you have to predict their jumps for the combo to land.

Ultimately you exist to set up kills and save teammates, hence why 40% CDR is important, but Zilean holds his own very well in a solo lane.

fnox fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 6, 2016

fnox
May 19, 2013

I hate the palette but otherwise he looks more like a statue now.

I like how they didn't keep his ult though. Or the "optic blast" Q.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Riot should release champions with big titties again to even things out.

fnox
May 19, 2013

They used all the good writers for Tahm Kench

fnox
May 19, 2013

Bloodlust is really good now, it's slow and steady sustain thorough the lane phase as opposed to just getting life steal when you're close to dying, which should make trades stick more now. It also scales hard with levels, so by the time you already have some crit going you can heal for 200-300 HP.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Nice, so Ryze is trash again, wonder if he'll get a 5th rework. Also lol @ Aatrox.

fnox
May 19, 2013

I gave up on Nunu and took Ivern instead.

fnox
May 19, 2013

ivern...is good.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Teikanmi posted:

Fastest I ever saw a ban handed out was when I dropped back onto NA for a game with my buds and Yasuo pubbie called my friend a "downs having niggerfucker" after the game and our 4-man reported him and then immediately after hitting "play again" we got the report that he was punished

I saw an enemy Nasus getting banned live by simply saying "you suck" at the end screen, after he spent like the entire game crying, feeding and flaming. He then continued flaming me, the only person left in the room by now, for the next 10 minutes, only stopping when I got the punished prompt.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Work Friend Keven posted:

If you click the button at the bottom of the post game screen it will queue you up to play another game.

I wanted to see if he would eventually stop on his own.

fnox
May 19, 2013

John Murdoch posted:

I'm not sure exactly how bot gold is managed but Galio Bot had the most kills and the most finished items, hence why he was actually a threat. Similarly, I have no idea how their XP is managed, outside of them getting the same passive lane XP as anyone else.

The thing is, most people remember the really old, really lovely bots who could barely find a lane, let alone put up a fight. But Riot has done a number of passes on them and, on Intermediate at least, they're now mildly intelligent. They cheat out accurate skillshots, cheat dodge most of your skillshots, use their summoners, and have some specific behaviors coded in like Galio Bot attempting to Flash + Ult. At one point they actually even warded (might still do it under rare circumstances, but I'm not sure).

Outside of those slight strengths, if you're halfway competent they're still hardly a challenge and can be tricked or outplayed in a million ways. And by design they tend to scale up slower than a player hopefully would and only get particularly aggressive when they detect they have a clear advantage, otherwise they'll spend a lot of time hiding under tower or fleeing lane if they're not outright killed. A few of the bots also rank up their skills (and yes, they do seem to actually do this now) in non-standard ways. Nami doesn't prioritize her heal, Malphite skips his W entirely, Cho'Gath levels E second after W, etc. And going beyond that, a select few of them are just plain busted, making them even more of a free win. Oh, and the lane assignments got weird at some point so now you sometimes get non-support melee tanks or AP assassins popping up in bottom lane.

I've singlehandedly came back from 1v5s against intermediate bots, it's hard to actually lose if you don't panic.

fnox
May 19, 2013

John Murdoch posted:

Not exactly a 1v5 because Xin Bot was turned off. And no poo poo you can roll over bots with Irelia.

I think the 13/10 Olaf with an actually legit build more than covered for the lack of a Xin bot seeing how my entire team either left or had no idea on how to play. Also why would you play anything that wouldn't roll over bots? It's not like it matters, even AD Nunu can gently caress over bots.

fnox
May 19, 2013

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/3106200454/227673471?tab=overview

Our Warwick left 8 minutes into the game after dying solo twice despite Darius giving first blood to Shaco, and Shaco ganking him twice. Darius kept taunting in all chat, as we slowly but surely tried to secure the game from them. Shaco got a penta, Ahri got a quadra, us three got S rankings, we actually secured baron after winning teamfight after teamfight, and had a gold lead up until Ahri's power went out and she too went afk. The enemy team actually told us that they didn't want to push the Nexus because they didn't deserve to win, except Darius of course. Darius said "easy game" when we finally went down.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Zaodai posted:

I'm fine with telling the enemy team how /remake works, because it's not really their fault. That's just reminding people of the rules.

Refusing to end because you don't "deserve" to win is either enormously trolly (more likely) or incredibly stupid. If you make their nexus blow up, you deserved to win. That's how the entire game works.

Note: they did eventually push the Nexus, and they were trying to win legitimately by playing objectives that we couldn't contest with 4-3 people. They just didn't backdoor it or splitpushed, which they easily could've done.

I think it's just funny to see the irony of the WW giving up after 8 minutes without realizing the entire team was really good and was willing to give it their all to carry him.

fnox fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Mar 18, 2017

fnox
May 19, 2013

I think this is my largest throw in like the entire season.

http://matchhistory.euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/EUW1/3109264697/227673471?tab=overview

I had a 2k gold lead over the enemy Vi, she didn't ever get her second buff or even contested dragons. Then the team like, forgot we had Baron and started trying to do a 3v2 push? And then people started just, standing away from everyone and getting caught.

My last two ranked games have been loving disturbing.

fnox fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Mar 20, 2017

fnox
May 19, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Sometimes my teammates make creepy comments at people playing female champs and that should be bannable honestly.

I had someone spend ALL game saying how much they wanted to gently caress MF in all chat. I was MF.

all of a sudden I don't want Riot to release more big titty anime champions.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Teikanmi posted:

Blitz will never be not bad because he can turn a losing game into a winning game or decide a dead-even game with one hook

He's the X-factor

I thought he was safe to first pick and then I had to play a loving Thresh-Kalista lane. I've never felt so powerless as Blitzcrank in my entire time playing this game.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Teikanmi posted:

W Flash E Q R the Kalista and you can win it pretty easily

Yeah surely if I drop a full rotation plus flash within autoattack distance on Kalista I'll get her.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Ivern says "oh, you got me on that one!" when an enemy taunts him. I loving love this champion.

fnox
May 19, 2013

So the custom gamemode they released is literally just random champions in SR. No gimmick, just play a standard game with a bad composition.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Addamere posted:

thats legit and no complaint, but putting people in the same game with such widely different levels of power as "this team does not have flash while the other team does" is kind of lovely imo

e: and also yasuo players are universally shitheads

it used to be worse, you used to unlock Flash way later in the progression. now you're mostly gimped by not having a keystone mastery.

the legal way to level up an account is to put the money you would put into buying an account on XP and IP buffs. it won't get you all the way to 30 unless you really grind it out but it'll get you close.

Teikanmi posted:

Yeah but being a level 5 Yasuo with a chroma for High Noon is definitely a smurf

it'll be like a bronze smurf tho, what you should watch the gently caress out for in low level queue is for like a Singed with a skin or a Nunu with a skin. basically any non Riven/Yasuo/Vayne one tricks are gonna give you a hard time.

fnox fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Apr 12, 2017

fnox
May 19, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

Is Nunu good

I love Nunu but I can't get back into using him after going on a 10 win streak with Ivern, playing him like if he was Nunu. He is stronger now, but to be effective you need to have some really good game sense to always stay ahead of the enemy jungle so you can deny them. The main thing that changed tho is that tank junglers are having a comeback and he's really effective in starving them.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

I joined a blind pick game and there's people arguing about who picked adc. (a duo queue claimed that they call adc but obviously they didn't but duo queuers are assholes like that).

Why isn't draft pick more popular?

because if you're gonna draft pick you might as well play ranked.

fnox
May 19, 2013

i'm the nunu

i've always been the nunu

fnox
May 19, 2013

el dingo posted:

That fotm shield may have saved your life tho

nah I had like 1k health, could have taken them both down had he W Q'd Corki instead

fnox
May 19, 2013

LeJackal posted:

His voice lines were so grating and that was just the spotlight video.
Both of them were bad, actually.

Kind of fun to see them double down on the mobility creep, at least. Now every ability has a leap, dash, jump, or haste effect.

Xayah sounds like her lines were written by loving Joss Whedon

fnox
May 19, 2013

Luna Was Here posted:

Fake edit: why is poro king back so soon? gently caress that boring rear end game mode

better than 2 weeks of loving ARSR

fnox
May 19, 2013

I've been doing nothing but jungle this season at plat elo. Here's some hints:

• Triple buff every time you can, it's devastating, and any jungler that plays traditionally is going to instantly panic. Champions like Nunu or Ivern can do this every game no matter what, to avoid counters, buy a pink and a pot instead of 3 pots and put it on the red buff if you're blue side, wolves brush if you're red side. If you really know what you're doing you could even steal Krugs and Raptors on top of just Red to hit level 3 in the enemy jungle.
  • To counter triple buffing, you have 3 strategies. First is to expect the late invade and invade the opposite buff yourself to get an even start, but slow junglers may still get caught in the process of doing that, you can try the second method then which is to start Raptors (Get regular pots instead of regen pot if they're kicking your rear end too hard). Third is to ward defensively with a pink and sic your laners at the invader but this is unlikely to work in SoloQ.
  • Steal enemy raptors every single time you can, keep that brush warded, this denies a whole bunch of gold and grants you a very nice deep ward.
  • Always try to be opposite from the enemy jungler unless you're Graves, Lee Sin or Shaco, in which case you want to duel the enemy jungler basically every time.
  • If lanes are pushed, counterjungle. If you have no idea where the enemy jungler is, move to the most vulnerable lane and countergank.
  • Pathing is crucial, particularly with champions like Ivern. Ivern can clear his entire jungle by minute 3 with correct pathing. If you always do the exact same route with the exact same clears every time, you will eat poo poo on the early levels. Learn the best strategies for your champion and for the enemy jungler so that you can predict where they will be every time.
  • Scuttle is a waste of time if you don't have good single target damage, leave it for when there is an actual threat to the dragon.
  • Don't gank losing lanes, countergank if all. This will lead to poo poo laners flaming you, ignore them. Your best bet is always to funnel gold towards carries and competent players.
  • Don't panic on early first bloods or 4 man invades. Don't fight 4 man invades unless you're 5 people. Usually these early roams are very inconsequential, you can prevent them all by warding pixel brush.
  • Learn to towerdive if your lanes are pushed too far in. The general strategy varies depending if you're stronger or weaker than your laner, but generally what you do is throw your full rotation at the enemy ganker, stand at the edge of the turret range, take 2 tower shots, then back off. It should be more than sufficient time for your laner to finish the enemy off.
  • Camping bot or top is actually suboptimal. The higher you go the likelyhood of someone actually ragequtting after just a couple ganks is reduced and the risk of counterganking increases the higher your elo is. If you're going to camp, camp a side of the map, not just a lane.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that counterjungling is Very Good, and very unappreciated. It's not just stealing raptors every now and again, it's the whole package, it's playing against the enemy jungler instead of "for" your team.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Rygar201 posted:

I was going to PM you about this, but I see you do not have PMs.

1. Do you mean pink ward your Red/Wolves, or theirs? It's not clear from the text

Are there any good places to read text posts like this about current play, or is it all it watching some dude's streams or youtube videos about it?

Theirs. They're very rarely checked brushes that however give you good info, perfect for a pink. They don't give a lot of vision, per se, but what you're meant to do is figure out on which side the enemy jungler is starting so you pink the opposite side to know if they're following a standard route. The red brush pink is very useful for getting an accurate timing on when the enemy jungler is going to gank as you can clearly see from there if they move to krugs, tribush or raptors after finishing red. The wolves brush is similar, but it gives slightly better vision as you'll be able to see when the enemy jungler switches sides if you have the river covered and it also lets you know if blast cone is up, which is great for getting away after stealing a camp.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Boxman posted:

I want to start playing Ivern. Someone tell me what I should be doing the first few minutes of the game, because his path is all crazy.

EDIT: Lol on champion.gg the highest win percentage start is just refillable pot and save the rest of your money

It depends if you're red side or blue side, the matchup, and where the enemy jungler starts. Generally you want to start opposite from the enemy jungler, and you should try and figure this out lvl 1 using your Q and trinket. Start Hunter's Talisman for the extra mana regen, trade the refill pot for a pot and a pink ward if you want to get deep vision.

If the enemy starts bot side buff, you tap Raptors-Red Buff on red side, Wolves-Blue buff on blue side (You can also tap Gromp if you know the enemy is slow at clearing, but you won't have enough mana for both Q and passive). Instantly go to the opposite buff, Q over the wall (Do NOT go in if the buff has less than full health, that means the jungler is there and you'll die), tap, smite, come back, take your stuff, tap everything else on the other side of the map but Gromp/Krugs, turn back, collect everything, then tap and smite Gromp/Krugs. Expect good junglers to anticipate this and take your second buff anyway, but it's an even trade that way.

If the enemy starts top side buff, it's basically a mirror of this, you tap Wolves-Blue Buff on red side and Raptors-Red Buff on blue side.

If you don't want to invade because you're up against a fast clearer, there's a way to get level 4 before 3:10. Start Blue and smite it, tap Gromp, Wolves, Raptors, Red, turn back, collect them all in order, smite Krugs. Notice how I'm not mentioning Scuttle, that's because it's universally a waste of HP/Mana and time on Ivern, take it only if nothing else is taken.

Don't gank before you have W and red buff. Considering how fast you actually clear it's really criminal to not hit Level 3 before ganking. First back, depending on how well you did and how the match is going, get a Dark Seal or two if you got a kill, CDR boots if you want to counterjungle harder, Chalice if facing heavy AP. Core items are Redemption, Athene's and Solari, they're bullshit strong combined with Windspeaker and your E, you basically turn around fights in an instant. Don't finish your smite item you seriously don't need it, unless you're getting Tracker's Knife for the extra wards.

fnox fucked around with this message at 12:36 on May 5, 2017

fnox
May 19, 2013

Smartcast everything including items; no indicator, it makes spellcasts lag. Bind shift+Q/W/E/R to normal casting. Press shift to test ranges if you need precision, otherwise learn your ranges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fnox
May 19, 2013

Evelynn is very strong, well, compared to all the broken poo poo in this patch, it may not seem so, but if her current numbers stay unchanged until the season begins, she will be very strong. The key to her is pathing, you need to know who you're playing against so you don't get cheesed early as she's one of the easiest champions to scare out of a buff, you also need to carefully plan your ganks so that you have plenty of open space to catch someone with before level 6. Empowered E follows people through blinks and dashes if you time it well, also you can use Q while doing it, that way you get a guaranteed mark on them so you can mash Q and be sure it will hit. The health regen from your passive is absurd, keep it in mind in fights.

The second you hit 6, the game just radically changes for you and you should actively just try to kill people every single time your ult is up. You don't even need your ult, your stealth and W mindgames are good enough to keep anyone on their feet, they'll run away if you curse them guaranteed, and since the range is gigantic you can just use it just to gently caress with people. If you can get some momentum, you will snowball, because every bit of AP on Evelynn turns her into a murder machine. Her ult is flat out one of the best in the game, the combination of execute with high ratios and base damage, that also makes you untargetable, that also blinks you 50% farther than a flash, that also puts you back in stealth makes you a huge threat to any squishies, and anybody surrounding them.

Itemization is Runic Echoes and Sorc Boots (prioritize them if you get a kill early), with a Hunter's Potion thrown in there to keep your mana replenished while you farm. Follow it up for a Lich Bane for the best burst, Protobelt for extra AoE in teamfights or Zhonya's if you're getting focused, top it up with a Liandry's and finish off with Rabadon's or Void Staff depending on how soft your targets are. Runes are Domination/Sorcery, with Electrocute (which you proc very easily with Q, each hit counting as a spellcast), Sudden Impact, Eyeball Collection, Relentless Hunter, Ultimate Hat and Celerity.

• Locked thread