Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
I seem to tilt in my placements pretty hard and the start playing bettrrish after. The first 5 placement games had someone afk or declare they wanted to be bronze, so you can imagine how that went.

Ended s6 at g2, got placed today in b1. The dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver

LegalPad posted:

Riven's design is bad imo because there's not a lot of room to out play her if she gets even the slightest bit ahead.
Nothing has to "line up" or work in her favor for a successful trade or all-in -- it's pretty much the same combo.

I'm probably more concerned going up against a Darius, but at least he has to land his abilities and you have a decent chance at avoiding/baiting them out. Riven will just keep coming at you in a straight line if she wants to, usually a hell of a lot faster than you can get away.

God's own way of outplaying riven is picking rammus and repeatedly ganking for the first ten minutes of the game. Tilts them off the face of the earth. Also works on Yasuo.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
I've been liking carry supports at the moment like vel'koz and (lol) lichbane sona, because you can adjust to fit the ADC. If they're going to carry you build supportive items; if they're blowing goats you go full ham after sightstone. Or yeah, roam and get your mid/top ahead.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Ward, or, for example, placing yourself physically in the bush and deconstructing the hapless squishy who walks into it.

A good tactic is to look the matchup up on op.gg in load screen and find the player who has lost a few games recently. Then bully that person so they're miserable. Psychological warfare.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Lux is in nearly every game now and it's a pain in the rear end because even if she feeds her tits off all game, she can just spam at late game and win team fights just by hitting one or two skillshots out of twenty.

That and her binding hit box is loving gigantic compared to the animation in pretty much every skin.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Clawed my way back into Gold from Bronze again (don't want to talk about placements, lessons were learned, mistakes were made) and it's like being able to breathe. As a support main I feel like I can play tank or utility now and not an AP carry because my ADCs are only mostly babies now (instead of all babies) and are worth protecting.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
I just got back into gold after a couple months bouncing around s1-3 by saying gently caress it and playing offmeta top laners, giving first blood, getting flamed and inexplicably clawing a win.

My best role is support but can't climb with it. I don't understand​ this game.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Accidentally discovered a strong kill lane duo not the other day. Vayne with poppy support - if they don't mind the walls. Which they won't. You can chain condemn into Poppy's shove or vice versa and 100-0 a squishy even without ignite. We did it by accident against a soraka and it was hysterical.

We still lost.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
That's why my highest WR supports are carries; vel'koz, sona and if I played them I assume brand and zyra.
You can build supportive if your adc is good, if not go full ap and have yourself a good time.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Unpopular opinion: Garen is cruise control for wins in silver/gold. He's perhaps the easiest champ to farm on which lets you focus on trades and so on.

BC, swifties, youumus, dead man's and then whatever makes you a split pushing nightmare that can duel nearly anyone and cruise around the map at a billion miles an hour, assassinate villains before your silence duration is up, and escape easily with all his native and kit tenacity.

Plus he yells a lot and I'm into that.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver

pog boyfriend posted:

garden is good dude. no idea about the build, that seems a little questionable, but garden has some nice trades and you can put a lot of pressure on the map

Well

Assassin garen best garen
Other games left for flavour

Shelvocke fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Sep 2, 2017

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Missed chance to call the skin Stinged. 0/10

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Playing Rammus is mechanically easy but emotionally difficult. You have to live with the guilt of making people kill themselves.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
I've been playing on my silver alt recently to try and drag a couple of friends out of bronze and silver respectively. Today I played on my main with my plat friend against and with plats/high golds and my god did I forget how much better this game can be.

I usually play tank and utility supports and it felt so good making plays to have my team respond appropriately and follow up, rather than pulling off the sort of thing you see in wood division videos.

ELO hell is real

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Op.gg: Play taric/Sona/velkoz support. You have 60-70% winrate over hundreds of games and it's your only chance of breaking plat this season

Night shift brain: play ap Nasus lol yolo

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver

Hot strat: All in as Leona (with fervor/ignite) and Xayah (She can root at level 2) and they WILL give you first blood at level 2

We clear 2nd wave super fast and if you hit your e they are dead, no question

Once you get that first place you can snowball the whole game

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
https://i.imgur.com/q2J6kjd.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/nCpzsYG.mp4

Animated!

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver

kingcobweb posted:

do your opponents not... understand what a level is

I honestly just don't think people respect the kill potential. They barely even use summoners because they don't expect to die. It has been incredibly successful.

Shelvocke fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 1, 2017

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
So with hydra on mundo, his cleavers proc the splash damage cone...?

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Wonder what placement hilarity we can expect this year. Last year I ended on gold 2 in ranked, and got placed in bronze and silver 5 in flex and solo at the beginning of this season.

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Is anyone else unbothered by the blue essence thing?
Official forums and Reddit are literally apoplectic

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver
Maokai top is absolutely bonkers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shelvocke
Aug 6, 2013

Microwave Engraver

Big McHuge posted:

I just played him into Talon and it wasn't a fun time. What rune setup are you using?

Resolve, going grasp, unflinching, iron skin, second wind. Secondary I get manaflow and transcendence.

Into most matchups I get catalyst first, because it gives a gigantic amount of sustain. Maokai really shines in extended trades because of his passive.

Against talon I'd probably just go all in every time he tries fancy stuff, and try to w under his q's.

Saplings do a buttload of damage from a bush, so if you can preload them if you think they're going to try and trade, then drag the fight over that way.

• Locked thread