Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Nice OP image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Still looking for OCE goons to play with and tell me that I'm bad.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

rabidsquid posted:

Jhin looks fun and I look forward to running out of bullets and whiffing my Xerath ult frequently

Sounds about right.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mystery Prize posted:

So Udyr with the new AP jungler item is actually kind of good. It gives him crazy fast clear speed and the movespeed means he's basically impossible to run away from unless you can chain ranged CC on him.

Stalker's + Runic Echoes
Swiftness + Alacrity
Iceborne OR Trinity (gotta go faster)
Dead Man's Plate
Spirit Visage
insert tank item of choice

Sounds neat, wouldn't mind giving it a try.

Phoenix/Turtle build? Also what runes/masteries cause there are 10000000 udyr runes out there.

Tequila Sunrise posted:

In the depths of Bronze I can guarantee that, barring D/Cs or blatant intentional feeding, the team that gets Mundo will win. I had a a game where bot lane went 0/3 (each), mid was 1/3, and and I was a solid 0/0 for fifteen minutes, but our top lane Mundo still walked all over the other team.

I started playing Mundo in my muck about Normals recently and even when I'm getting shat on or making huge mistakes all I gotta do is run at the enemy ADC and I either end up eating his face or tanking 3 people for my team to blast down while I am a huge % health dealing, fire covered purple ball of HP.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Feb 1, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mikujin posted:

Riot fixed all the problems with solo queue with this new innovative system that does nothing. Why have hover picks if your team can still ban them? :riot:

New system doesn't stop assholes.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

RealFoxy posted:

I'm an aggressive support player and I frown anytime someone comes back with an item that isn't a BF sword I will not condone a passive 10 minutes waiting for a Ghostblade

But I come back with a Sheen on Ez, please don't hurt me.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

RealFoxy posted:

I don't even come back to lane if my ADC is Ezreal. He gonna farm passively while I snowball jungle and mid because most Ezreal are either out of mana indefinitely or never hit skillshots so why bother :v:

e: GBM is rushing ER and I'd trust him over most other pros. Everyone else is building ER or IE except Pobelter (Who built the Ghostblade)

Yeah that's me.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Methanar posted:

He said 4% = 0.004. Lots of stuff he said is wrong.

4%*(10%*x)

He expands his brackets.

IDK if his actual math of the passive is right or not, but all he did there was expand the brackets.

Hope this helps Methanar

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Feb 2, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
My buddy and I were discussing Ez builds for Silver and we concluded that Bloodthister is better then BORK as the 3rd item because the shield makes a huge difference at Silver, where people are easy to kite and are scared of ADCs with big life steal.

Are we insane?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mikujin posted:

Rank 1 slow isn't enough to stop Udyr from successfully contributing to a gank (there's still 2 other people), and late game if you're on Udyr slow duty then you might stop him from getting to a carry maybe but more than likely you're doing little else to help the rest of your team in a fight. My guess is you're running into a lot of poor Udyr players (who buy stupid poo poo like Runic Echoes).

That being said, I'm trending further from Tiger and more towards Phoenix because the mixed damage has been just great. My record so far for Sated Devourer is 12 minutes (though I've been averaging, I'd say, between 14-16). Using this setup:

Runes
  • 9 x Attack Speed Marks
  • 9 x Armor per level Seals
  • 9 x Flat CDR Glyphs
  • 1 x CDR Quint
  • 2 x Movespeed Quint

Masteries - 12/0/18
  • Ferocity: Attack Speed and Oppression (Bear stun and Red buff provide the CC for extra damage); do not take Natural Talent, it's a huge trap skill
  • Resolve: Runic Armor, Swiftness, and Strength of Ages are the essential pick-ups here.

General Stuff
Generally speaking, Phoenix Udyr makes a poor level 1-2 invader so I concentrate on getting ahead fast. Start bot side jungle (Krugs or Gromp, depending on side of the map) and clear your whole jungle. All of it. You can do it easily because of how Phoenix interacts with Hunter's Talisman (waves/pulses apply the 20 HP/5 drain to all monsters in the camp). In fact, you will clear 5/6 camps at the same time most junglers clear 3-4 (your Smite will refresh just as you finish camp 4). You can finish your whole jungle at level 4 with 100% HP and a potion to spare, ready to gank top or mid, assuming you haven't got into any skirmishes. When you hit level 3 (camp 3) don't immediately skill Phoenix Rank 2: take a quick glance to see if there's an opportunity to take Bear and gank - there often won't be but sometimes someone pushes just a bit much and it opens them up to an easy pick. Otherwise keep your farm on, leveling R>E>W>Q

Get Hunter's Machete and Boots on your first back - you can finish your Blue Smite item if you have the extra cash but I typically like to get components first (since the upgrade otherwise only gives you blue smite effect, +2% monster lifesteal, +30% mana regen in jungle). There will be some occasions where you full clear and get two clean ganks off and can immediately buy Devourer: do it. Then, immediately kill Dragon. Then kill Rift Herald. Congrats, you are 30% to stack completion at like 8 minutes. Now go buy boots, and keep ganking and power-farming. You'll clear camps effortlessly, and quickly, building stacks of both Devourer and Strength of Ages (this helps make you a bit bulky before you start tanking up). Always watch your map, always throw down wards you have, and always be running to enemies or camps. Don't fear the enemy jungler (unless they've been getting huge) and eat their camps, too.

Items
  • Stalker's Blade (Devourer) - Your bread and butter. Some people think Red Smite is a good purchase, those people are wrong. Blue Smite gives you more movespeed while reducing your target's. I like to Smite after stun wears off to keep my opponent in range for another stun (if they're not dead). Additionally, it enables longer Oppressor uptime.
  • Boots of Swiftness (Alacrity) - Again, pretty straightforward. Go fast, then go even faster. Slows are the one thing that will cripple your potency and effectiveness once team fights break out. If you somehow are against a team with zero slows and only hard CC then Mercs are ok I guess.
  • Deadman's Plate - Gotta. Go. Fast. But really, this lets you bulk up while helping you exert even more pressure everywhere because you go even faster. Added bonus: enables Oppressor and gives you move soft CC to be a nuisance.
  • Sunfire Cape - Again, bulks you up while adding more AOE magic damage to your repertoire. While a great item to have, not the first thing to both picking up. Grab this against team comps that favor physical damage.
  • Spirit Visage - This is your first go-to MR item. I like to pick up the Kindlegem early because of how valuable the CDR is. You can often sit on the components of this item for a long time since they are individually very strong. Against very heavy magic damage teams, complete this and get another Cowl for...
  • Banshee's Veil - You'll only ever pick this up against teams that heavily favor magic damage (ie. only have 1 physical damage dealer).
  • Iceborn Gauntlet - Provides valuable CDR, Armor, and a fantastic unique that mucks things up bad for enemies, especially if you've got other armor items.
  • Trinity Force - This is a fantastic item to purchase to widen the gap if you are already far ahead. I look at far ahead as being "Oh hey, I've been running around crushing fools, am still crushing fools, but look I have like 3500-4000g just sitting around doing nothing!" It can happen on Udyr more often than you'd think. That said, getting this means you'll likely cap out at 30% CDR, and it doesn't provide the large bulk or defenses of something like Plate. While it can certainly help you shut the enemy team out, it's certainly not a mandatory pick up even if you are ahead.
  • Zz'rot or GA - Both these items are great. Both these items provide the same resist values. I have used both, I have liked both. I gravitate to the former whenever the enemy has a lot of easy to reapply slows that are on low cooldown, and the latter when my own team comp favors long engagements (ie. has a support with good heals like Soraka/Nami) since you might go down once but twice is unlikely. If you are buying Zz'rot, keep in mind you're doing it for the passive, not the active: Phoenix Udyr is already a split pushing machine.

There's lots of other words I can write about this, but the best advice is to avoid entering the Yi Zone with Udyr. That is, the magical sub-Bronze mindset that has you chase people down to the ends of the earth just because you are fast enough to do so. Often it means you waste time, but just as frequently it means you outstrip your team's ability to keep up with you and follow somebody right back into a bunch of their friends. This is not specific to Udyr or Yi, but really with anyone who is fast/has lots of mobility. Starting fights is great, and Udyr's speed can get some great picks, but don't feel like you have to run people down constantly because otherwise you'll just end up dead and mad at your teammates who didn't follow you (because they couldn't keep up).

Nice quick talk bro, better Udyr mini-guide then any website or video.

I am totally gonna try it not cause I really wanna play Udyr but because you deserve someone to do what you say after taht great :effort: post.

Question about doing Dragon: What is the trick to soloing it? Do you do the E->R->3hits->E->R->3hits cycle and just stay alive with shield and the occasional hit in turtle+pots? I've never been great at the Udyr stance dance.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mikujin posted:

10 game Udyr win streak had to end some time. :(

An Illaoi handily crushed our Irelia, who kept fighting after getting hit by hook, and eating tons of tentacle damage, while down in mid lane a Fizz got utterly decimated by a Twisted Fate. Try as I might, I couldn't peel for our Vayne forever, even with the help of a Soraka healing. Much sadness this day.

RIP Goon Hero

Edit: I have begun testing my ability to play your build and I am discovering I am running lowish on mana by the time I get to camp 4 if I start on Blue team. I was doing R->W->R assuming no E for ganks and I have only been stance dancing to keep my passive on when it's about to run out. Am I going overboard with it?

Edit 2: Yeah I am clearing the jungle really really slow. You say I should have smite back up by camp 4 but I am getting it up while I'm at camp 3. This is without a leash though, not sure how big a difference it's making.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 4, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mystery Prize posted:

Going back to Udyr chat:

Udyr currently has the highest winrate in the jungle at around 57% according to Champion.gg

His most successful build? A Runic Echoes build similar to the one I posted before. :smug:

Champion.gg just gives me a white page when I try to load it ATM.

Cloudflare says it's offline.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 4, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mikujin posted:

If you're just testing it dry in customs then yes, it will be slow. My commentary is all assuming a standard game where you get a leash from your bot lane duo - the stronger the leash the better. It's also worth noting you clear faster on red side (blue start) than on blue side (red start) since you can spam R straight through to keep up passive stacks, and W to soak/top up as you go.

Ok sweet just making sure I'm not downsing it up. So when I'm doing that first clear should I be doing the dance to ensure I keep my passive at 3? Also do I just swap to turtle then back to phoenix immediately or is that a waste of mana/life steal time?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mikujin posted:

Depends on the side your on. Again, red side (blue start) means you can just spam R forever (W to soak if you want) to clear, stacking your passive if you want. Blue side you need to be more conservative with your mana on the first clear. You definitely don't need 3 stacks to clear a camp (especially after getting a combine jungle item or both pieces) so I usually just stick to activating Phoenix twice.

All righty. When you say Phoenix twice you mean R->Hit till pulses stop->R->Camp Dies move on right?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mikujin posted:

R, hit 3 times, R. Pulses may or may not be done.

3 times ok. Thanks Mikujin

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Graves is.... good

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Had a rough game that we ended up losing last night where opposing botlane was a Jhin/Vel duo. If you got struck by the Vel ult you could almost guarantee you were about to get Jhin stunned and ulted.

In all fairness though Vel was pretty good and did most of the work.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Sexpansion posted:

Velkoz totally shits on anyone who can't dodge skillshots and has really good numbers.

My Cait couldn't avoid anything T_T But yeah I was support Brand, which is basically dead now, and if I got caught by a Vel ult it was curtains.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

rabidsquid posted:

In bronze I think you just ban the easier to play high winrate champs, especially if they're tanky. I bet Malphite would be the strongest bronze champ atm. Junglers who do well with farm seem pretty good too, since people CS worse down there. I think that's why Master Yi has had a reign of terror for so long

I believe this.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Managed to get a game in with Mikujin's Udyr build. First real Udyr game since 2014 IIRC.

http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/121246893/43436090?tab=overview

Clear was REALLY slow but I think that was me not positioning camps right so they weren't all caught in the fire breath cone. Also didn't stance dance correctly on the first clear. Did manage to go Full clear level 4-> kill top->kill scuttle->kill mid->kill scuttle->kill one bot->run back around cause the bot jayce was an idiot and ganked again. So 1 kill 3 assists and a full clear of all my stuff plus 2 scuttles before I went back. I also maxed turtle 2nd because I forgot Mikujin said to try maxing bear 2nd.

Didn't get to solo out dragon though cause I did 2nd clear because I got back into jungle JUUUUST as my buff came back up and tried to be greedy. Then they rotated ganked bot and took drag while I was finishing blue :(

Edit:
However, the game immediately after I threw because I am a retard and had my fingers one key over to the right (so my index finger was on R not on E) and reflexively pressed the key beneath it to cast what would have been my smite but was in fact my flash. So I burnt flash and thus began a series of unfortunate events that led to me not clearing Krugs properly because I was tilting and didn't re-position to hit the baby one with my flame, ran OOM spamming turtle/phoenix on raptors, hard to kill/smite blue before wolves for the mana, failed to gank top at 4, walked past the scuttler being killed by the opposing jungle on my way back, re-cleared bot then failed to gank bot when I had the perfect opportunity to flash over a wall with E, stun the enemey ADC and phoenix for a kill but instead I had to chase back up though my (blue side) tri and to above my red where I was expecting my mid to rotate down to but instead ran face first into the opposing jungler and mid-Fizz who raped my retard face off, got a quadra on the opposing Kindred as everyone piled into the fight and died and took dragon uncontested. Then our top d/c'd and we spent the remainder of the match getting shat on from a great height. As our botlane stooped placing wards and yelled at me in chat for throwing the whole game at the 1:40 mark. Easy surrender at 20 because I am stupid and bad.

That's a bit of a vent. Sorry.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Feb 5, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

exethan posted:

i never declare my pick, that part of champ select is loving useless

I have a mate who says his policy in ranked is currently if any teammate pre-selects Jhin he bans it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mikujin posted:

The first game I was forced not to jungle and we lose (our jungler had 4 early ganks and 4 early deaths).

Mikujin I tried your Udyr. Won once, lost once. The loss was because I accidentally hit my flash key when I tried to smite and fail ganked because of it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I am actually over Jhin now too. I had a game as Braum with a Jhin vs Blitz/Vayne and all I could do was stand in front of Jhin and hope he didn't get hooked.

He over-pushed and died, got hooked and died, missed every deadly flourish and died, dealt no damage and died.

Is there ANYTHING that Jhin can do well as an ADC?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Planeshifter2 posted:

Congrats to our friend Ffoxface for making it into this spectacular fabulous highlight I saw on Reddit today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EIT1utGL9Q

Outrageous

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Yes but pro LoL was never meant to make money, it's literally just a several million dollar marketing campaign disguised as a pro circuit.

Also by selling advertising rights. Look at the LCK streams. 100% of the time there is a game on SOMETHING is being advertised at the same time.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

When someone on your team picks Jhin ADC but w/o the smile at he end

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Doing my placements this season to see how Bronze I stack up to be. 2nd game in we have an Ez who gets mad at our Trynd for TPing bot, killing someone then getting some last hits. He decided to follow our Tyrnd round for the rest of the game saying stupid poo poo in chat and generally being useless.

Good to see the LoL community never changes.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I really don't understand why people insist on building poo poo like Rabadons first Blitz in Ranked games :( I just wanna do my placements in peace.

I'm 1-3 ATM with one loss being 100% a troll getting mad our top lane 5min in. INTO BRONZE I GO

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Feb 8, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Lol@new queue system for ranked

9 games in, haven't got my primary pref yet.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mikujin posted:

What are you queuing as with primary/secondary?

Bot/Fill with my friend as Mid/Jungle.

Also on my way to bronze city atm. Such funs.

5-5 will be Bronze city right if everyone I'm up against is Silver atm?

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Feb 9, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

RealFoxy posted:

No, I went 7-3 from Silver 2 and got Bronze 1 for some reason.

Zaodai posted:

You could still get into Silver if you go 5-5 in that situation. I did, and I'm trashcan supreme!

But yeah, don't put Fill as your secondary, or you're going to get fill.

Sooo there is really no clear indicator? Choo-choo-bronze city.

Andarel posted:

I think it's based on MMR rather than division? What kind of opponents/gains were you seeing previously?

I wasn't. Haven't played since S4. Started again about 2 weeks before S6.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

breaks posted:

Next time this happens try starting off with a sapphire crystal, then rushing a tear of the goddess. Then rush 5 more of them.

Make sure to get the farsight alteration at level 9 also so that it kinda looks like you have 7 if you squint.

You still won't really do any damage, but this should help you communicate your feelings about the situation more clearly with your bros, and maybe get one of them to honor you with the coveted "teamwork" message.

I'd like to think this is some amazing joke but then I met someone who actually did it.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Kalista is interesting.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Correction: Kalista is tricky to play.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Ok so 2 failed Kalista games later:

Can anyone tell me how to play Kalista?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Your front line was non-existent as they jumped one at a time forward to try to be assassiny assassins and you got a Quinn to the face?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
So is 6.3 Xin still at his best with Devourer or is the duel/damage reduction/bonus AD from Warrior now the right choice?

Also am I right in thinking Warlords Bloodlust works well with him thanks to the W update for guaranteed crits?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I seriously don't get Kalista for poo poo.

It is a torture to try to learn her too. I'm used to Ez at the moment and I can't last hit for poo poo on her. Annnnd it feels like I deal no damage in trades, annnd if anyone gets aggressive at me I die because no escapes. Annnd I'm basically useless until I can get a Hurricane/BOTRK

Can someone who plays her tell me how to loving do it? It's driving me up the wall but I refuse to give up.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Sexpansion posted:

I'm really not sure how to best build Xin at this point. I tried Warrior last night and... I don't know, it still didn't have that devourer + titanic hydra magic that I love so much.

I forgot to take smite because I was distracted by "Do I take Warlords or Fervor", got counterjungled to the poo poo house. Annnnd still managed to do fine with that new assassins blade item :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Seems like Dev -> Rageblade -> BorK -> Spirit Visage/Deadmans is still a strong Xin choice. Probs upgrade boots around Rageblade time.

If you want to learn tank I'm not sure if Rageblade or BorK is better; however I think items like Sterak's, Health Hydra and maybe Frozen Mallet are good on him because they give you the health edge while keeping you up in damage.

Maybe a Fevor build with Dev -> Rageblade -> Health Hydra -> Sterak's -> Tankstuff could be interesting too.

Also remember your ABZ's

Always
Be
Zz'Roting

Edit: Also is anyone having issues with the latest Radeon drivers in league? I updated them for XCOM 2 cause it was having some bugs with 5.12 but 6.1beta feels like I'm getting the occasional frame skip in LoL, like minions blip up or sideways or I shoot a skill shot then click to move and it shoots to where I moved a half second later.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Feb 11, 2016

• Locked thread