Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Oh okay someone designed a good and interesting champion with obvious weaknesses and cool theme. I mean that's all well and good but I'd rather play something like Zed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Luna Was Here posted:

do you play and post on the same mobile phone?

sometimes, people opt to convey a point in a direct manner instead of being a total spaz

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Uh, if anyone was wondering about really terrible and bad ideas Shen's 3 hit thingy gains the effects from both Rylai's and Liandry's. I think the extra AP worked out to be roughly 2-3% extra hp per hit and the shield got another 280 on that, plus the 700 health. I mean it's probably a terrible idea even if that also gives you mpen for your sunfire and from you can just hulk out with a warmogs and lucy's and your choice of something useful or just going full clownshoes with the windu's end..

I mean, it's probably and definitely a really terrible build but nonetheless I guarantee it will work and is really good

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Servaetes posted:

You guys are making GBS threads on support Nunu but check out them incredible stats on 125+ games as support Nunu on champion.gg...

I bought a shitload of MP5 runes based on someone's terrible idiot theorycrafting in the old thread to try it out. You are going to OOM but you should be able to maintain pressure against an average range ADC and a melee or short ranged (Thresh) support until first back, then pick up Kage and some more pots and it's going to be a problem to deal with that poo poo.

I think the problem is that you're still Nunu, being someone's 7th item isn't really as good as it used to be and because of all the passive gold in the game you're giving up having an actual good itemized tank like Alistar or an actual good itemized mage like Brand or VK.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
You need to either pick a snowball champ or a lategame teamfight champ. If you snowball you might get the enemy to ff/20, if not the game is almost guaranteed to go long enough (45+) to put everyone in the free gold zone. Picking a splitpusher or a midgame power spiker is handicapping yourself

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

exethan posted:

i never declare my pick, that part of champ select is loving useless

Same

Mikujin posted:

Me, from the last thread:

New system is actually longer than the old system. It's definitely just a change for the LCS/pro scene to make picks more exciting or something, because otherwise it's just making things longer for the rest of us.

in practice it's significantly worse because usually the 2 bans after the first ban were pretty quick. Seeing someone take the full duration for all 3 bans was incredibly rare. I'd guess 75% of the total time is used in the majority of lobbies now.

The first picks after the ban phase tended to be pretty quick as well seeing as how the person doing the bans is going to take up 2 of those picks. The 2 simultaneous pick phases also ate up a lot less time for the same reason.

Now they've spread out "hey it's your turn" literally as much as possible across the entire draft, which naturally adds a reaction lag because people aren't watching the lobby like a hawk.

The main issue of course is how many lobby failure points lead to dodges, which is followed up by a shorter 'ready" period which often doesn't make a noise, which punts you out of the queue. But even in a world where all of that goes smoothly, the way the lobby is set up takes significantly longer and has much pretty much nuked the strategic value of the ban phase. It also requires you to pay more specific attention to something that isn't interesting because 3/5 of the time you are asked to pick/confirm something roughly 2 minutes apart.

A Stupid Baby fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Feb 6, 2016

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Luna Was Here posted:

yeah if any game designer actually tried to pitch this theyd probably be laughed at, called a dog poo poo retard, and told to go elsewhere

Please provide an actual analysis of what is wrong with that system because it sounds like an improvement over last season's lobby. This season's lobby can be improved by having explosive diarehha into a leaky garbage back and swinging it over your head in a slaughterhouse

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

exethan posted:

the idea that LCS doesn't make money for riot is a stupid as poo poo rumor that they likely perpetuated themselves

It might now that they're selling all kinds of flair icons and poo poo. Back when they were putting up the prize money and the LCS salaries themselves, plus renting the TV studios (not cheap) and venues and whatever all the overhead of employees+tournament server+etc cost I wouldn't be surprised if they technically lost money. I dont even know if they run ads on their twitch but its gotta be peanuts compared to a proper TV deal.

Keeping League in the forefront is absolutely worth it even at a loss, though - I bet Riot makes like 100x on one skin this month as NRS will make on their whole MKX pack

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Anyone sold an account here? Site recommendations would be nice, everything on google looks pretty shady

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Didn't we already go through this problem once before?

Xoidanor posted:

Devourer and Rageblade felt kinda limp on Xin but I might just have been having a bad game.

A lot of it's going to depend on the comps IMHO. That's a great build if you're dealing with bruisers and an ADC, but if there's a couple people with burst on the enemy team if you don't get some builk you are going to just get blown the hell up before you can get your "Olaf with 1%hp but permanently" bullshit train rolling.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Schiavona posted:

I'm pretty sure I actually fist pumped to that when I played it. Best intro to a game ever.

Did you forget about the bank heist with Johnny Gat costumes, escaping a plane, then flying back in through the windshield for the world's least safe hi-spot superkick, learning about "feelboss" and then immediately raiding the national guard?

Gridlocked posted:

I seriously don't get Kalista for poo poo.

It is a torture to try to learn her too. I'm used to Ez at the moment and I can't last hit for poo poo on her. Annnnd it feels like I deal no damage in trades, annnd if anyone gets aggressive at me I die because no escapes. Annnd I'm basically useless until I can get a Hurricane/BOTRK

Can someone who plays her tell me how to loving do it? It's driving me up the wall but I refuse to give up.

Kalista really works a lot better with a duo you can work and grow with, especially if they play stuff like Thresh or Bard (Alistar is okay too but that's more of a wait till 6 and then unleash the garbage rear end bullshit). Your trades hit a lot harder when you can guarantee that W damage, push harder and not sweat if you get shoved into tower. Being able to stack up spears on creeps and then Q them into an idiot for big damage is also a part of pro level Kali but its super hard so I just dont play her

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I am double developmentally disabled when it comes to jungling, especially farmdog junglers - my devourer is always late, I'm always in the wrong place when the enemy decides it's time to do dragon - my ganks are about the only thing that's successful so my highest winrate jungler is literally Leona because she enables my utterly terrible playstyle

I picked up Xin because he somehow dropped to last pick and our Ekko jungler and I played a sick rear end game of "who actually wants to be a jungler" so we both took smite

The moral of the story is even a stupid baby can fall rear end backwards into carrying on Xin because when you staple free crits to a character whose already pretty good he becomes kind of a problem

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Sexpansion posted:

The problem with that video is that the Xin's build is devourer, rageblade, gunblade. Is that actually a good build in most situations? Maybe it is with the way his W works now, but my guess is that it's actually not very good in most games.

Firebert posted:

I liked Xin healing through inhib turret for like 20 seconds they do some fine work on PBE

That's what I meant, I thought they fixed Xin being able to heal his dumb rear end off turrets but I guess that was a fever dream

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

henkman posted:

Ap xin has always had stupid amounts of healing, it's the free crit for no reason that makes him really strong

Regular rear end Xin used to be able to tank turrets with enough ASPD a season or two ago. It was pretty stupid. It was like 3x as dumb as what's in the video since he's actually losing health until poppy shows up to heal him.

Sexpansion posted:

Judging from the way challenger players are building him right now, I'm going to try devrourer -> rageblade -> sterak's -> tank and see how that works. They also seem to be starting W -> Q -> E with a maxing order of RQWE.

That build is more or less what I gut feeling'd minus the rageblade. Maxing E is probably still best for clearing, but if you're comfortable just invading the poo poo out of champions that aren't broken that skill order is fine

-

Want to watch a terrible rear end idiot maybe climb back from bronze to the promised land (gold iii), maybe not get chat restricted for mouthing off at teammates, and listen to oldschool rap/reggae? http://hitbox.tv/astupidbaby . pls use referral code "I suck fat dick for eco-dollars"

A Stupid Baby fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 11, 2016

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Luna Was Here posted:

wait for him to get buffed

apparently that kog change is what he needed to not be lovely so as soon as I get back onto a hard connection instead of wifi im gonna be owning it up with the 'maw

I had actually been playing him for the hell of it a touch before the buff and I feel more effective than when I play something more standard but I can't really put my finger on it.

I'm still kicking around items and it's kind of puzzling what you want. Hurricane now has crit, is pretty cost effective and gets you 7% movespeed just by having it. TF is fuckoff expensive, does give you 10% now, but the sheen proc is less useful. So far BoRK hurricane (IE/ER) are my first three but it feels kind of awkward because I kind of don't care about the actual unique passive on hurricane most of the time and BoRK is a hell of a first item in its current state but I feel like it still is a must on Kog.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Reasons why maybe you should dodge your bronze game:

1) Someone on your team picked Lee Sin
2) "its ok we have a strategy and we're on skype"
3) someone angers xXpusydestroyerX
4) you have two smites
5) someone gave up xin
6-10)

Now that I have an ADC to play this climb is actually fun

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Sexpansion posted:

Yeah there's obviously not a ton of data yet, but signs are promising:

The buff is nice and all but I don't think it's the gamechanger, it's people thinking differently about Kog. He used to actually be a lane bully, now he's this.... thing. You get more damage in trades now, but the fundamental concept remains the same as pre-patch - until you get a bork at least you are using your W on creeps.

I have still been leveling WQE even after the ASPD got shifted from Q just because it's pretty good base damage scaling and doesn't eat up your mana like spamming E does - you can harass with it if you're confident (or pushing so hard it doesn't matter) and still be able to W pretty much on CD. The extra slow is nice but since you are splitting damage as much as Corki and your W is now your waveclear skill I don't think it warrants the scaling mana cost and opportunity cost of levelling Q instead.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

exethan posted:

Examining the champion.gg daily stats I found that Ryze has a 50% winrate in diamond yesterday over 54 games.

Bronze through plat he's 39%-43%. Maybe he's still useful as a pocket pick in very specific situations but for the average gamer he's going to take a lot more getting used to.

Hes banned out a lot in comp. Hes got some brutal power spikes and his lategame is nothin' to gently caress wit but if you put in the work to figure out his combo rhythm. It takes a lot of doing though and the fact that he went from Mortal Kombat's Test your Might: the champion to someone you actually have to think ahead and plan out what you're going to do at all times doesn't do his badlord winrate any favors

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

henkman posted:

I won a 4v5 when one of the people I queued with could not connect for reason after getting a new harddrive and afterwards the other team's ADC said "I don't know what to say" and I said "I do: uninstall :grin:"

I won a 3v5 where I had to manage both mid and bot (bot were the afks) and then a 4v5 in ranked 5's as teemo so im basically waiting on TSM for an invite

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Methanar posted:

I guess there is shaco's puff of smoke that's always visible even in the fog.

Who here is surprised that Shaco is really into "vape culture"

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

I was going to make a a lion king joke about his widow's mesa or something but instead im just gonna totally not emptyquote this Post Of The Year

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Coca Koala posted:

After finally having enough of random teams bitching at me that "We need a tank" when I pick Sona, and then having top, mid, and jungle go 0/5, 07, and 0/3 before they FF at twenty for "GG no tank", I bought Braum and Nautilus.

How the hell do I play a tank? I'm used to waiting in the back for somebody else to initiate, unless my team is RIGHT THERE and I have an opportunity to hit like three or four people with the Sona ult. I generally understand how Braum and Naut work in laning (be a pest, try to harass the enemy, make sure I have targon stacks when the cannon minion comes, swear at my ADC for not letting me execute the cannon minion), but what am I supposed to be doing in teamfights? Hanging out on the front lines, soaking up damage, until I have an opportunity to hook or ult somebody important?

As part of the pro-healthbar lobby, unfortunately all I can offer you is that you have to Play A Lot Of Games. A lot of what you are trying to do is disrupt the enemy's ability to fight or flee and force them to shoot you instead of things they would rather shoot, such as Viktor. Knowing what it is you should be doing beyond "hit big ult on many man" requires you to have at least a basic understanding of what a champion's potential is (example: don't try to flash hook Ahri if she has ult up, don't burn big cooldowns on Alistar when he's ulting for god's sake)

Honestly I feel like Braum is one of the most challenging tanks to teamfight since you have the unique ability to forcibly redirect burst onto yourself using shield. Getting the most out of him requires a lot of awareness.

I think Alistar's a much easier place to start, especially now that they've made his combo into a kombo. Play linebacker and headbutt people away from whoever you think is worth protecting, or flash in, pulverise everyone, and throw someone without a dash back into your team. Once you get a couple items your ult makes you into a goddamn terror where people have to decide whether to waste cooldowns trying to kill you or just let you walk in and do whatever you want to their backline. Both options are bad but even in professional games I see teams repeatedly trying to burst down the ulting Alistar. A lot of time you don't even have to hit anything, simply existing at them with your super armor is enough to give your team a big advantage.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
tupac aten't dead

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Sorry to all my homies in that last game my left arm stopped working properly about 10m in. LF is a feeder. namaste

Luna Was Here posted:

i mean who wants valid criticism when we can have non sequiturs, methanar selfies and candian weather reports am i RIGHT?>

Yeah, but unironically

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Lovechop posted:

this thread is actually really fun and at its best when we're just talking about whatever goofy stuff. like remember when everyone was posting pet pics :)

I like it when its just like 1/3 random garbage, 1/3 gameplay talk, 1/3 bitching about the loving FRAUD RIOT LYTE, and 1/3 inside jokes/methanar selfies/mobafire builds

Speaking of which nobody is going to talk me out of my straight garbage mobafire kog build of bork->hurricane->er with w>q>e. Rageblade looked at me funny.

Also nobody is banning Kog in silver. My main issue is when I'm top and they show Shen/Naut or something so I can't pick Shen and have to pick something that's okay against those two and then surprise it's support Shen you get to deal with Riven. gently caress Riven and set fire to her stupid stumpy sword.

A Stupid Baby fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Feb 16, 2016

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Is there something wrong with "Bot" queuing this patch? I was getting a fairly even mix of top/sup/adc before, I have not been slotted into a single support slot with top/bot right now.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

NTT posted:

The smash bros thread is my favorite unregulated games thread

Every unregulated thread is the best thread. Imagine if posting selfies was discouraged and belly-kha.jpg was never posted. a terrible tragedy

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 16, 2016

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Libertine posted:

Bot is just ADC, which is not really intuitive.

Ok yeah i just noticed that. That is new, there used to be an ADC queue because I used to queue top/bot and get support sometimes. Now my system has been ruin. Just let us tick off boxes of what we are good at riot you gently caress heads.

How Rude posted:

Baby I understand that you like making silly posts but can you not loving destroy the tables please

Im sorry if youre not man enough to handle a puppy photo of my dog eating a tuna can under my bed and my unvacuumed floor and 1 dollar bill but I am literally Servates and cannot be bothered to spend 20 seconds resizing that poo poo in photoshop

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Lovechop posted:

oh man. i think we have a really great community here (and also in the pro league thread) and i like that. everyone owns imo

I like your avatar and title text a lot but i despise you as a human being. Please advicse

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

GreyPowerVan posted:

dota 2 is an actual good game

no its not theres literally a character named after an irl anime. I th ink its tusk but im not sure.

Anyway if you want to watch some really terrible silver level play and listen to jan hammer's "miami vice" theme on repeat theres always this hot website: http://hitbox.tv/astupidbaby

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Luna Was Here posted:

yeah, i derail pretty often but making GBS threads on me when im making fun of people trying to inhibit actual game discussion is pretty :aslol:

your young, dumb, and full of cum. dont step 2 tonetta or the detroit mafia will weld ur dick shut.

Sexpansion posted:

lol Olaf got wrecked in that lane.

Yeah he did ok for obviously not knowing what the gently caress he was dealing with but I had to pick against 3 possibilities. Dude should have maxed e and gotten ad to get thru armor but olaf kinda sux at teamfights if he does that IDK.

A Stupid Baby posted:

no its not theres literally a character named after an irl anime. I th ink its tusk but im not sure.

I just did some research on this and its tusk the stampeder. He was in a cartoon network thing i think. Den of anime.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Didnt the little thing used to take a minimal amount of hits even from a tank? Now if you are not a damage character it takes goddamn forever to destroy. That's probably like 99% of why it's effective, because the time it takes to blow the thing up is time that you are not making gold and declaring your position on the map

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

henkman posted:

galio ult is a much bigger area than tibbers, and annie is also like galio pretty reliant on flash to get good ults off

galio also has to build a banshees and even then isnt guaranteed to not get hosed over by udyr or talon or rammus. However please dont buff Galio, the big stupid poo poo that nobody likes, please instead nerf the stupid little mathlete that nobody likes

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Tequila Sunrise posted:

What can Talon do?

edit: Lol wait, could Rammus taunt an Ulting Galio and disrupt his ult?

Oh I meant Xin not Talon. Braum too, come to think of it. Renekton if you're spectacularly unlucky.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Those are just the hilarious things by which you can basically cancel your own ult. The amount of things that can gently caress him up from outside its range are too numerous to mention.

If he just went into Olaf mode and was guaranteed to get a full channel ult that would be the most obnoxious thing in the world. Second to Annie.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Libertine posted:

Serious response is that anyone who wants to get Diamond in solo queue should only play Janna and nothing else. Advice has been good for last five years.

Or if you're just like queuing support because your mid/top queue isnt going anywhere. I just had one of those season 2 style "i'm going to play Sona like a bad person plays Soraka because they banned Soraka for some reason" people in my last game

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Libertine posted:

I can't remember the last time I saw literally anyone play Kha'zix. That loving bug needs to roll out. I will play him as support tomorrow.

But unlike Bond you have nowhere for him to hide YEARRRGHHHHHHHHHH

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

henkman posted:

Agreed, it's just that the bar for "escaping bronze" is so low that when anyone asks how the answer really is just "get good"

I found it got easier when I started going ADC more - it's not that I'm good at ADC and I'm worse an it than either support or top but going ADC prevents your team from having a really terrible side-farming hunk o' junk if you do it and don't get double owned.

Playing tanks is also probably not the best idea, because being able to mitigate or peel for people who are prone to actively throwing away their own lives or waddling around in a circle isn't as valuable as not being a suicidal circle-waddler yourself. IMO.

Shen is exempt from the tank rule because hes capable of making GBS threads on lanes pretty hard and also actively undoing mistakes and turning them into benefits. Renekton is probably the worst because he splits the difference between lane bully and tank in exactly the wrong ways to solo carry.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Libertine posted:

4) What makes you choose between Swiftness (Tenacity / Slow Resist) and Legendary Guardian (AR/MR when in range of enemy)? I looked up a lot of probuilds and seems like almost everyone prefers Swiftness universally across roles, but there's a lot of all-in type champions I think would make much better use of LG, and in previous iterations of the mastery tree I remember valuing that much more.

Swiftness definitely makes sense in terms of "I am less likely to get owned in lane/by a gank". The most you will ever get out of LG is a cloth armor/mantle's worth of stats so it's probably just not as good unless you are against a team with no worrying CC or you are playing a character that doesn't care at all (Hecarim, Alistar, Malph or something)

quote:

1) Does Deathfire Touch + Magic Piercing ever outperform Thunderlord's + Precision on any burst mages? On paper I expect it would but looking on Champion GG and Probuilds it seems not.
I don't think so, the ability seems like it's designed for a grindy laner who's going to be able to keep that thing up constantly. The problem is that anyone who that might be true for is going to get better mileage out of going grasp and having the tank tree. The only thing I can even think of is maybe someone like Kennen vs a melee matchup.

It might be better in a vacuum sometimes than Thunderlord's since it does not require the 3 hit or have a cooldown, but I can't think of any situation where that's worth going all the way down the ferocity tree to get it.

A Stupid Baby fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

BigLeafyTree posted:

Maybe I'm just bad but it feels difficult to carry from the ADC position, because you tend to build just damage on ADCs and it's hard to carry a game with autoattack damage alone because you're still as easy to kill as ever and if 5 people are gunning for your rear end you're probably gonna die. This can change and burstier, dodgier, or tankier ADCs have a better time of things but you still lean on your team. Contrast with a bruiser getting ahead where you're basically immortal and kill nerds in like 3 seconds anyway. I'd rather have a fed bruiser than a fed ADC.

Specifically dealing with bronze and maybe silver I find ADCs tend to be played really badly post-laning. It's not so much that you have to be good at it or "carry" as you have to not be an idiot who won't show up to teamfights and/or walks in a circle.

Kog also doesn't get banned much unless I do it, which helps a lot.

• Locked thread