Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Welcome to Season 6's League of Legends Thread!

NTT posted:

By the way taking attack damage and attack speed rooms and then going center hope Titanic Hydro said you want is still hilariously strong especially in the current meta-.
Previous thread
Competitive League of Legends Thread

:siren:CTS is dead! We're in Discord now! https://discord.gg/VcAdkdk :siren:

THESE RUNE PAGES WILL PROBABLY HELP YOU IF YOU STARTED PLAYING
AD:

Attack Damage Reds / Armor Yellows / Magic Resist (Flat or Scaling) Blues / Attack Damage Quintessences
This is ideal for your Marksmen, AD Bruisers top, a variety of Junglers, and Supports. Anything that emphasizes hitting harder with your auto attacks or physical damage spells will use this well.

AP:

Magic Penetration Reds / Armor Yellows / Magic Resist (Flat or Scaling) Blues / Ability Power Quintessences
Ideal for casters of virtually any type, these gives you a fair bit of penetration for your spells, defenses, and a bit of Ability Power to scale your magic damage spells early on.

There are many, many more runes that you can use. Marksmen and some bruisers utilize life steal quints, some Junglers use attack speed reds, and movespeed quints are incredibly valuable for all classes. These two are very very basic starter sets that will get you decently far along. However if you want to go in depth, the below link goes a bit more into detail about masteries and different runes.

A breakdown of runes and masteries by a gigantic dork

Quick Links:
Official Site
OP.GG Stat Tracking
Mumble Info
General League News
League Wiki
https://champion.gg Stat tracking of champ winrates/item builds based off platinum+ games
Hop in the in-client channel SilverSquid on NA or goonmans on EU to get games going!

Also:

Equally Important:

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Aug 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

thanks Otherworldly Invader for the new thread op image~

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 11, 2016

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

RC Cola posted:

I want to play again. Someone summarize every change from the start of season 5 to now please and thank you

A lot of poo poo is different, stuff is changed, and things have happened

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

The Mash posted:

Bard mid update: it's really, really bad

who'da thunk

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Luna c'mon man tone it down a little

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Mikujin posted:

I've played him a bunch since the changes. The passive duration is much more noticeable than I expected, as is the ultimate nerf (which shaves off ~15-20 damage from AAs and Q/W at 6). Dude feels pretty miserable to play now. Didn't think the changes were going to be as high impact as they are.

Yeah, figured they were gonna nerf the gently caress out of him and relegate him to support only. I hope maybe they'll undo some of it a little but I ain't holding my breath.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Yeah that skin looks incredible. I'll have to try him a few times before, but it's one of the rare cases in many champions released where the base skin is inferior to the one they are released with.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Verviticus posted:

racism

wait this is the cheese garbage trolling I was talking about!!

Nah, that is Justice smiting a jerkass dildo idiot down

Alris posted:

I love the character but the Western theme of his skin does nothing for me.

Are there no cowboys in Australia?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Vermain posted:

It's a GypsyLord champion. Aside from Gnar (which was a collaboration), he has yet to make a champion that actually goes in the lane he intended for them. Mid-lane AP Assassin Ekko's strongest play/build path for the longest time was as a loving tanky jungler.

Jinx and Vi weren't intended to be jungle and adc respectively?????

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I swore she was advertised as a jungler but there's plenty of examples of a champion advertised as a X and got played in Y

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

JHU

Just Hover Urgot

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

You guys are making GBS threads on support Nunu but check out them incredible stats on 125+ games as support Nunu on champion.gg...

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Yeah.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Very first game initial take on Jhin: really fun, great teamplayer, put him in a lane with locktown people, dies horribly when engaged on and has little or no response to it whatsoever, hits very very hard on squishy targets but struggles against tanky ones.

Will totally buy High Noon as well

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I think Caitlyn is supposed to have a relatively simple ult. Plenty of playmaking in an ability that forces your opponent and their teammates react.

That being said Jhin totally does the sniper fantasy better. Maybe they should go back and make her gun an assault rifle? Makes more sense.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

He is an excellent bully in lane, has ranged harass that isn't some conditional bullshit, etc etc.

He's been great toplane in solo queue because he shits on most opponents early and can translate that into ganks bot or mid and objectives, and despite "falling off a cliff" a pantheon several items in will kill priority targets like adcs and mages with ease

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

He has been good for afew seasons now, falling off a cliff is more like walking off a step with the itemization these days, he can still pack a punch because there aren't any early game items with no good build paths and he can absolutely melt armor with most of the new items.

He used to fall off because brutalizer didn't build into anything useful and black cleaver wasn't reworked yet and there wasn't any ADcaster items he could capitalize on like today.

Take new ghostblade for example, no longer has wasted crit and 4 longswords was basically pantheons entire early game build and now it actually builds into something useful

Personally I rushed Hydra all the time but since it's cost is hysterically high and Tiamat itself is awful I guess I can try ghostblade. I still hate the loving active though

Transient People posted:

Hey Serv, on a scale from 1 to 10, how bullshit is pantheon gonna be when the new duskblade item drops? It seems realllllllllllllllly good on him.

Assuming I saw that it's a baby Zed ult on every x minutes it'll be one more thing that makes him exceptionally good at blowing up squishies.

I'd have to look at the stats and poo poo once I get home but I'd say it might be crowding up what he generally needs to be effective. Maybe a replacement for ghostblade?

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Feb 4, 2016

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Magres posted:

It's Jhin actually complete garbage or are people just bad at him because he's a weird character (his winrate is abysmal)

More importantly, if he's terrible is he so bad it's not even fun

He's really fun, explodes if someone gets on top of him. His winrate is terrible for multiple reasons:
A) He's brand new
B) He has to reload to shoot
C) He's brand new
D) Really fragile
E) He's brand new

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

but... they make... infinity dollars... they should be able to do what i want right now...

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Unless you want him to finish I'd stop watching him gibberish he's at half mast as is

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Magres do you want me to update the op to state you fought gamerrgate and won? While I fear no one cares, I think your tale should be, nay, must be told!

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Elpato posted:

I feel that this new item might just extend Pantheon's window of usefulness in longer games.

Eh. I think it's a fine item but on Pantheon there's likely better things to pick up. Like I said when asked about it before, full items in he's still able to kill fragile targets. It seems like overkill.

Dominion going down means jack squat for Skarner. He's not from the Crystal Scar, he's guarding a tomb in Shurima. So he probably isn't even sentient, much less aware of if he even has a kind to miss and drat sure doesn't know what the hell a Crystal Scar is much less why it is weeping all the time

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Methanar posted:

Ask and ye shall receive.

Life is a waterfall
We drink from the river
Then we turn around
And put up our walls

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

NTT posted:

unlike you i'm not made fun of for my general hygenic neglect/appearance so i think i'll pass

Clash of the Mediocre Titans

Er I'm sorry seeing is that we're still seeking validation and sayin the bar is at D2+

Furia de Titanes de Mediocre

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Feb 14, 2016

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

kingcobweb posted:

Big haircut talk from the dude with the Star Wars Rebel insignia on his scalp

Jesus Christ dude is it the shoes

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

NTT posted:

coming from the guy who has half the OP full of cool guy gifs of himself, and named the thread after one of his own posts

I'd give you gifs but I literally copied and pasted the previous op's images so I'm lazy but as for thread title it was another poster quoting one of your four thousand low effort posts

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

AHH FUGH posted:

Holy poo poo the new Kanye album is loving horrible hahaha

I think he collapsed into some ego singularity in which Kanye rhymes with Kanye. I watched SNL yesterday and he was the guest and he like power talked for two "songs." Young people's taste in music blows

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

there's more but this one is probably the best

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/465czq/a_dumb_comic_for_every_champion_1_aatrox_annie/

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Libertine posted:

Gonna get the 1-2-3 treatment for Udyr probably. Nerf his skills, nerf his items, maybe nerf his skin effects as well just to really gently caress him up.

Runic Echoes was loving stupid on Udyr anyways, he'll be fine

and provided they never remove the Urf sound clipping on Spirit Guard Udyr, he'll truly be safe

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Feb 17, 2016

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Mikujin posted:

Nerfing Runic Echoes' move-speed by 3% is a good call. The nerfs to Udyr won't make him any less good (depending on how much they hurt early level bases).

Looks like 5 points of shield and damage per rank of turtle/phoenix respectively--doesn't seem like that significant of a deal on either end

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Is Rumble jungle a thing because they removed the damage reduction on flamespitter? I mean a danger zone'd Rumble + mini Ludens hurts like hell but that's all I can figure as to why I've seen two of them now. It's kinda annoying as hell.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

It was played in Korea, it got popular elsewhere. The idea is that his clear is so good now and his ultimate is on such a low cooldown that he's got pretty strong ganks all game and does a decent amount of damage, too.

Yeah. I swore that Flamespitter had massive penalties to monsters and minions and maybe they removed it, which explains the extremely effective clear

it's been at least a good year or so since i played Rumble consistently though but I'm like so very sure there was a penalty associated

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Feb 19, 2016

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

In addition to some of the stuff people has said, I'm gonna assume everyone in here is a grown rear end adult so the whole notion of tilting is ridiculous. It's super prevalent when you go down the tiers where people get super pissed off about everything and anything, so keeping a cool head on your shoulders is also a good way to improve.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I tried it on Mordekaiser last night and it was like when Rush turns into a jetpack because Morde's Megaman boots turned him to full rocket mode. Also Morde top is loving comical.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I'd rather thunderlord on Pantheon because you're going for more lane dominance. Dude already has a gap closer with W

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

henkman posted:

Top, jungle, adc, and mid all pick ad champions say to the support: we need ap and a tank

is always my favorite

Maokai duh free sustain and harass and can tank AND do magic damage!!!

Throw out sapling harass while you wait the full twenty minutes to buy a RoA, lose game, blame team, perfect

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Feb 24, 2016

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I like Jhin. Owners of Cowboy Jhin: should I get cowboy Jhin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I think the new last whisper is the third item after ie and rfc. He hits tanks pretty loving hard when he's able to fire four shots.

In terms of general play I dunno. I find myself on the fringe of teamfights, throwing out roots and taking potshots at the closest thing to me. It helps a bunch to have a constant auto attacker on the team to keep being a threat while you land super high damage but in bursts.

• Locked thread