Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

I got owned by a kog with just a pickaxe and blasting wand cause i ran out of autos. it sucked

Yeah his laning is also very similar. He'll get the poo poo kicked out of him while reloading so a lot of it is picking at the enemy laner then a hard engage. Your support should be the setup for any harass, be it a stun or knockup or whatever--land W, get some shots in, that's about it. On the plus side he can CS really comfortably, so no need to go insane and try to kill them, just farm up and get your items up.

oh and ban kogmaw because no way in hell should that champion see the light of day right now

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Feb 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

My favorite was when the item came out and every loving piece of poo poo idiot was bum rushing the jungle role and taking it from me to play feral flare nautilus or maokai or some other characters that had no right reason in the world to loving buy that item and farm endlessly. When I cared about ranked that patch ended up in me getting demoted two divisions. You couldn't win with that kinda garbage.

I think that and the over buff to heal where it was better than barrier pound for pound and gave like a two second boost of movespeed made that quite possibly the worst patch in the game for me

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

kingcobweb posted:

Pretty bad. You can play him mid and have it work in the same way that almost any ADC "works" mid, but he doesn't offer the roaming and pushing power that, imo, makes a midlaner a midlaner.

I've had the pleasure of supporting someone who actually did really well multiple times with Jhin. The main difference, I think, is playing him as a bully instead of farming passively (which I see a lot of people advocating). I think 2v2 laning is one of his strengths, with the poke damage from the crit bullet. What he was doing differently from other/worse Jhins was using that bullet on the enemy every time. With a utility or mage support, it makes it really easy to coordinate harass for a ton of damage with minimal mana used. I played Janna, and he just did CS/CS/CS/trade with Janna shield, over and over until their ADC had to leave lane. Also, use Q to CS while reloading instead of Q to harass and CS with autos. This should make it so you get 100% of CS.

Don't get it twisted, boss, he's more than fine to farm, but a support that will get poo poo done with him is huge, considering how much damage he does. on the fourth plink.

I wish I could figure out how the gently caress to make his grenades hit champions though.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Mottie posted:

just let it go when there's at least 1 minion about to die and the enemy champion is next to it,
when there's a blatant 3 minion set up they'll walk away from you but it's a 30-50 mana spell on a short cool down, don't be afraid to let it go with 1 or 2 bounces, because it will still do decent damage, especially if you AA-Q-AA (it's an auto attack reset apparently).

E: with his change in targeting, AA-Q-AA-W is going to do a shitton of damage, even if some of it is loaded into the magic damage DoT (deathfire's touch).

Well yeah, the one minion + enemy champion thing is the really easy thing. I'm talking the longer chain of killing minions and trying to get the two/three bounce skidoo on them. I feel there's a way to reliably do it, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I hope Kennen never loving returns to prominence ever. Ghost on a regular ability makes ganking him nearly impossible

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Sexpansion posted:

um yes please

That is obscene and it should happen, holy poo poo

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Verviticus posted:

this is the stupidest change i've ever seen and he will get supernerfed like 2 hours later if it goes through

pretty much, giving him the flag in the middle was like... okay that's certainly something, but hey a targeted massive aoe seems totally balanaced and not batshit insane and not something they'll be nerfing for a couple of patches

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

kingcobweb posted:

I diagnose your team with an acute case of Playing Against Janna

I still don't want to hear your guide about Janna I'm sorry man

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Grr something something Riot bad skin testing not PBE grr rabble rabble I hate this company and game yet I still post about it or play it grr. Rumble doing more damage on blue side still my favorite bug tho

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

pog boyfriend posted:

that one was funny but i have to give it to being able to rearrange the map in twisted treeline with syndra

Yeah that one was exceptional

exethan posted:

what point are you trying to make with this nonsense?

just getting the other post about Riot and the PBE out that nobody's ever seen before in the thread out there

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Jesus Christ did you just google Zelda and Grumble Grumble that url lol

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Azir could put a tower at the fountain and would basically be unable to put another tower down because the one in the base was getting spam healed

or Zed's shuriken killing all minions in existence

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 27, 2016

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I had a couple of friends that played Japanese MMOs the racism is pretty rampant against non-Japanese to the point that attempting to speak in romanji, nevermind english carried a huge stigma so it's not super surprising to hear that about League honestly.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

I saw Vlad for sure but where was Swain in the Sion update?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Describe the merit of infinite mana and a tiny nuke on a character that has no mana or hp issues whatsoever and already runs extremely fast versus the other two really obvious picks and I'll decide from there

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

If you're not ganking every waking moment your ult is up you're doing WW very wrong. He's gonna get stacks regardless, not a farming jungler by any stretch. I mean he can do that but he's far worse at it than Yi and Shyvanna and Xin and Udyr.

In the grand scheme of things he gets really marginal things from Runic Echoes. I'd argue better to aim for a late game item like devourer because he becomes even more threatening as he becomes tankier.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

jesus christ the rp art site is so incredibly powerful

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

nice when they give them for free otherwise just be patient and play free to play champs and when you like a champ save ip and buy it

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

You really should listen to Kog about Morgana. It's like one of his best played champs and he is bar none the best midlane goon out there

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Libertine posted:

He's gonna get bumped over the edge so he's a competitive power pick for a few patches and they sell a bunch of skins then they'll tone him down again.

Just your friendly neighborhood cyclical cynic.

Nah that's dead on. He doesn't need much, they need to sit back and let him get played or figured out more. I think that will be a bit too much, and it's pleasant everyone in here acknowledges it's probably too much

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3XrHF4cGT4

the dev also removed the slow buff on the ult shots acknowledging it's way too powerful but he's gonna get a tiny buff to the traps, 5% slow on top of what it is currently

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Uhhhh nuh huh Kindred was a guy with emo hair that got sad so he cut himself in half and for some reason the halves turned into a deer and a dog for some reason

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Koguma posted:

holy poo poo I regret clicking this now I want to kill myself.

words cannot describe how much of an LP dispenser jenny is in high elo. usually just plays lux super aggressive and overextends a lot. I think last time I played against her was in S4 or something and I ran into her a lot when I was climbing back to d1/master. pretty sure she gave me D3 all the way to D2.

"....my waifu...." :anime:

I remember playing against her and in season 3 and her also playing Lux and her being embarrassingly bad as well

When did she start becoming super virulent? Or has it been going on forever?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Libertine posted:

A lot of people ban out Malphite specifically because they want to play some really sub-optimal heavy AD laner regardless of enemy draft.

I just don't wanna deal with an ultra tanky super good initiator that has pretty comfortable match ups toplane honestly

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Libertine posted:

On this patch though that definition can apply to Nautilus, Malphite, Shen, Poppy, and Rammus. Obviously people's champion pools are rarely all of those things, but those things are certainly never all banned. Malphite is just the most obvious one to people who really want to Top Lane Yasuo.

Yeah but of those, I'd argue Malphite has by far the strongest initiator of that batch, and is exceptionally easy to play and generally will endure better than those other dudes, so I ban him out often.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Luna Was Here posted:

This has to be in bronze
How are people this bad

poo poo boggles the mind but hey, one day long ago you probably did something as stupid as that--i know i have

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

she's good in aram :v:

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

robots can eat food now? my god...

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

What suicidal idiot runs Malzahar toplane

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Urgot might be funner but Jhin still exists and owns so... hm

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Yeah, Tahm continues to have an incredibly good base skin and ok to not good alternate skins. The other three are incredible however

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I like master chef :(

Oh it's plenty good, don't get me wrong, but I think like the past 5 or 6 champs have had really really good base appearances. Kalista's Blood Moon skin is way better than her base though.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

i was gonna link this gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu :mad::mad::mad:

Lady Naga posted:

Sion is just Garrosh Hellscream.

What do you think about Urgot? He seems like a well designed cohesive champion.

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 9, 2016

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

She was a jungler way before she was a toplaner

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Super Librarian posted:

Yay I made plat for the first time, and without too much feeding (my hidden score there is 0/2/14, a shameful sona score)

Jarvan with damage items looks extra crazy now, holy cow

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATS

redact previous statement

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0-pxxx6qOw

Aurelion Sol is a sassy fella~

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Which of the zeal line gives the most movespeed? I ask because RFC seems to be the premier thing for Jhin but if it's been hit again I'd imagine PD would be the next best thing

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

AHH FUGH posted:

RFC is overrated on Jhin

Buying Shiv, RFC, or PD is completely based on the game and situation, and anyone who thinks you need to build RFC every game 2nd item is probably A Bad

Sneaky, the only guy to play him professionally that I've seen, recommends RFC and is better than us combined but yeah. I figured whatever has the most movespeed is going to be to his benefit to buy the most. Wasn't sure between the three which had the most because hurricane isn't something anyone should consider

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Totally fair, I haven't seen pro league in the past three or so weeks. Shiv just seems odd on him given the whole perk is waveclear? I swore shiv did pretty low damage to champs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

Verviticus posted:

to be fair, you deserved that because you tried to play tank akali

• Locked thread