Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

frajaq posted:

WHen will people stop picking nunu ffs

Nunu is...good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I want to play against the people who see Kogmaw jungle and don't kill him at his first and second buff and every other camp afterwards

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Your mistake was not getting Ludens echo, a great Lux item for mobility, waveclear and bursting people you catch and that Frostfang and Grail are a either-or thing, you don't take both

FQC, Morellos, Lucidity boots is completely fine on Lux because she values CDR so highly

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I wasn't saying not to take a mana/CDR item, I was saying you have to pick morello grail or frostfang, you can only take one.

And I'm saying you can easily take both because 40% cdr is arguably better than a random Luden's proc

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

blah_blah posted:

These itemization problems become a lot simpler if you run 15% CDR in scaling blues. Almost all high level players do it and 15% CDR is better by a gigantic margin than anything else you can get there. FCQ + Athene's/Morello is very suboptimal.

Kuro, Coco and Edge have all ran FCQ+Morello in solo queue/pro play, it's actually really good!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Xoidanor posted:

Support Nunu is the definitive silver league pick haters. :tbear:

sightstone...

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Gragas is going to be good again

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
just pick hard engage and blow him up every fight

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2016/02/29-pbe-update.html#more

Blood Moon Yasuo (and Kennen) and pretty strong GP nerf

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I'm not sure if the Alistar change is good or bad. For balancing's sake it's good that the combo is more or less guaranteed across all elo/latencies. It's kinda bad though because making it work consistently removes pretty much the only mechanically interesting aspect of the champion.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
psa: pick lulu if the other team gets talon or zed or xin

always pick lulu but doubly so now

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

I am going to try Kog out again even though this latest balance change on its face is super loving dumb, taking the passive attack speed off of Q to make W the only worthwhile thing to put points in may make a difference

Even if it is a buff (it probably will be a pretty good one) Kog is the last ADC I'd want to play into this patch

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

I liked Xin healing through inhib turret for like 20 seconds they do some fine work on PBE

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Braum is also really good, esp. with Lucian

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Udyr's win rate has been really good for a number of patches prior to runic echoes and nerfing someone with a 58% win rate is a p. good idea. His build/skill path is versatile, he will survive.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It's a hella Targonian-sounding name; with the lore rewrites of Diana/Leona/Pantheon on PBE I hope they are building up to a big Mt. Targon event this summer.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Tequila Sunrise posted:

What can Talon do?

edit: Lol wait, could Rammus taunt an Ulting Galio and disrupt his ult?

Talon used to have a silence but he lost it a long time ago, he can't stop Galio ult

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Can anyone touch more on this? I actually mained Rumble in my tryhard days after watching the lolsoc video, and I really love unconventional jungle roles.

Flamespitter used to do only 50% damage to monsters which they removed a few patches ago.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Rylai's is honestly kinda poo poo on Rumble since they completely removed slow stacking, just build pen and hourglass if needed.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

rest his guts posted:

Is it possible to carry yourself out of Bronze as a top or do you pretty much have to play ADC? Just started playing again and I pretty much only like playing Fiora, Trundle, Renekton and Xin top

Play anything that can splitpush well and keep splitpushing

People in Bronze and Silver will have no idea how to deal with it

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

Is there any room for Shiv on new GP or should I basically just be going Triforce, Boots, IE, Reaver, Armor Pen Item, Tank Item almost every time?

I could see maybe taking out the reaver if you had like scaling CDR runes and CDR boots or something but otherwise it seems like the huge amount of CDR you get from it is too valuable not to get

You get ER because you only want Raw AD and Crit on GP, his best build is something like Tri/ER/IE/IE. He doesn't need armour pen because his barrels have it passively, though Maw is a really good item on him because the passive is crazy good.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Rivington is like 36 or 37 he's actually old enough to have legit grey hair

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

OlmanRiver posted:

Has leona been picked at all this season in lcs?

No, if you need hard engage from the support position, Alistar is way better. Even with the small base nerf on Riptide last season, Nautilus is still arguably better than Leona as well and is a flex pick.

She's too much of a gamble, she's completely worthless when her team is behind because her kit is so one dimensional.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
But I really hate Soraka...

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

kingcobweb posted:

Soraka isn't even close to banworthy right now and the reasons people ban her are 1) not understanding how good other supports are 2) that copy/paste story of the monkeys at the bottom of the stairs except the water spray is playing against pre-nerf Soraka

She has a high winrate still and is irritating to lane and teamfight against, especially if your team has low backline threat

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Are you roaming? Lulu shoves extremely fast and roams faster than every other midlaner that isn't TF or LeBlanc.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

SlyFrog posted:

All I can say is, my Devourer stacks a hell of a lot faster if you stop loving farming bot and come help with dragon when I ping it.

It's almost as though stacking 1/6 of the thing (nearly 1/4 if you get the scuttlebug) and a getting a team-wide buff could be more valuable than getting 3/6 of a wave (this is Bronze, you're not getting all of it). But no, sit bot while I ping for 30 seconds and farm, then say, "y u no gank," five minutes later when I'm still trying to stack that fucker.

Farming out a lane and pushing it to tower is a lot more important than dragon dude.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

I saw on PBE they were toying with making GP kegs store only 3 maximim? At any level?

That would completely gut him in teamfights I think since you generally need to throw 2 kegs to reliably get them off without getting killed by the other team, hope that isn't something they're really doing

It's in tomorrow's patch with the parrrley gold gen nerfs, they are pretty much aiming to completely destroy GP.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Leblanc is going to dunk on Ahri now

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Mottie posted:

The fact that Lux has 0 nerfs incoming still despite having the top winrate and play rate in mid lane for the last eternity makes me kinda sad, but then again, what would the do to nerf her without totally shitcanning her?

Nerf her base hp/armour to make her vulnerable to assassins in laning phase, add 20/15/10 seconds to her ult CD by rank.

They won't touch her until the mage rework anyway; she's not a problem for competative like GP/Ryze were and her winrate isn't grossly out of tune with the rest of the field like Udyr/Graves/etc. Her matchups will completely change when the rework goes through.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0_9zg-z61Q

This skin is amazing. Leblanc is getting so many incredible skins...

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

The Shortest Path posted:

I like how Kog barely got a tap on the wrist. Udyr didn't get hit very hard either.

Those two are still gonna be top bans, huh.

They are nerfing Runic Echoes as well, combination of all 3 nerfs will probably be fairly substantial to Udyr.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

rabidsquid posted:

Isn't Udyr pretty strong with warrior or even cinderhulk still anyways. He seems like they'd have to massively nerf his base stats in order for it to be a substantial nerf to him

He's been really strong for a long time but hasn't really been a problem until Echoes, it's really the perfect storm of Echos/swifties/DMP and reworked FF that make him a bitch to deal with. He will still be strong with these nerfs but like not 58% winrate. They should just rework Phoenix stance so everyone runs the much cooler Tiger build.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Yay, it's happening!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

NTT posted:

fiendish codex braum :psyduck:

Banner owns

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Pobelter legit played mid Naut the other day, all of this has happened before and will happen again

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Dead Man's Plate is super good on Nautilus as well

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I can't see that doing more damage than devourer at all.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I hope they actually get around to reworking Warwick some time this year. I know they had a really rough sketch of one over a year ago, but the dude is so boring and binary to play with and against. Maybe Riot just likes keeping him around as a bellweather for whether they need to nerf or buff devourer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Very rarely would you go aegis vs. 4 AD. Exception would be if they had Corki (obv), Ezreal, Shyvana, Gangplank, Kogmaw, and maaaybe a couple others.

E: Jax and Aatrox if they are actually teamfighting

Firebert fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Mar 1, 2016

• Locked thread