Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Morg is stupid unfair as support. While she dies easier than Nautilus and brings less CC you bring more damage, range and it's easier to get a good ult on her.

Nautilus does significantly more damage in lane, his bases are insane. Even after laning phase her damage isn't that great because you max pool last on support. She's good as a counter-pick to Thresh, Blitz and Braum but she's not a particularly good bully support.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Thresh's winrate is also low because he's the support that people who don't play support always pick, like Lee Sin or Vayne.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Lovechop posted:

naut can't be nerfed soon enough imo

Nautilus
Riptide (E) damage lowered to 55/85/115/145/175 from 60/95/130/165/200

this is actually worse than it looks because a good riptide does double damage obv

also,

Jhin
Captive Audience (E) [slow increased to 40% from 35%
Curtain Call (R) [slow increased to 99% from 80%]

that seems like a bad idea

Firebert fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Mar 1, 2016

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Also you will lose out on a ton of xp not starting a jungle item, seems pretty terrible

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
He should just be a big hand and his character model outside of attacking should be the shadow of the hand

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Transient People posted:

Wait what

Pics? I missed that and never heard of it before.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2013/10/101-pbe-update-jinx-model-update.html

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Support Lulu is really, really good into Zed, Rengar, Mr. Yi and Udyr and kinda poo poo tier otherwise. It sucks that she won't ever be able to be a really strong pick because Riot hasn't figured out how to properly balance supports and solo laners.

e: the solution is as easy as 'glitterlance does reduced damage to minions' but they are too stupid to do it

Firebert fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 4, 2016

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

wodin posted:

I've been learning top lane this season, and it's generally been a lot of fun. However, I really have no idea how to handle a strong ganking jungler getting up in my business. The thought is that I simply hang back near the turret and farm, but that feels like it puts my opponent too far ahead and I ultimately end up losing a lot of farm. It's made a little worse by playing Illaoi who needs to bully early, but still.

Any particular recommendations?

Missing CS to avoid ganks is fine, just try to stay in XP range of the dying creeps or you will really get punished hard.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Illaoi used to be an immovable object in Dominion's solo lane. Too bad her niche's been literally removed from the game. :rip:

:(

She seems ok on Twisted Treeline.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I'm glad we're getting Vi buffs this week, I think they could go a bit further but it will help her early game and early clears quite a bit. E max second will probably be quite a bit better than W max second now.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Looks like he has great waveclear/pushing power, aoe hard CC, and roams better than every midlaner other than TF. He will be ridiculous.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Crazy Larry posted:

I was honestly a little confused by people talking about him like he's a mid because AP bruiser whose damage mostly revolves around standing near the enemy and existing seems like much more of a top laner to me.

He auto-pushes lane, has no reliable escapes and nothing in his kit that makes him tanky. I mean, anything can be played top, but he does not seem suited to a long lane.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

AHH FUGH posted:

IMHO his Q should be his ult and it grows and moves the same speed as he does, so he can swoop in for huge AoE stuns, and his Q should be a baby version of his ult. Small pushback, waveclear, decent damage.

Basically just switch his Q and his R.

How would this improve the champion whatsoever...

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Tossing a screen-sized star at people feels way more ultimate level than a basic line AoE with a knockback and slow.

And then the champ is loving worthless without ult, how is that better design?

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Spiros posted:

that damage for her W means she probably simply cannot jungle without smiting red

lmbo no way dude, she was a viable jungler with a stupid strong clear before that was even added to W

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Practically every pro builds statikk now because it's more damage, except on Corki where they just want the extended range for rocket sheen auto poke.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Firebert posted:

e: the solution is as easy as 'glitterlance does reduced damage to minions' but they are too stupid to do it

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Shiv also seems really good on Jhin because it sets up his canister for quick wave clear.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They should just roll back all of the changes to Kog but leave the execute on his ult because I think it's hilarious

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/SkinSpotlights/status/709515679221813249

...i'm ready

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Safety Scissors posted:

If two people get an S rank in a game, you only get one chest. Are both champions out then?
When are the specialty queues coming out?
How can I check what champions have used up the chest?

Yes
No one knows
On your Champions tab there is a gold border around the champs that have S-ranked

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Libertine posted:

I just cleared by this post and nodded and then like a dozen people went apoplectic about it. Not sure why.

They both rely heavily on poke for lane control, both can be played mid or ADC, both are very immobile and dangerous to play against dive comps, both have ultimates which control positioning in team fights.

I've played a lot lot lot of Varus and I haven't played Jhin but I've laned with him a bunch since he's come out. I see a lot of similarities.

Jhin relies heavily on AA and the threat of the 4th auto for lane control. He plays a lot more similar to Caitlyn, but doesn't really have any other good consistent harass tools like peacemaker. His W is ok at poking through the wave but it's on a super long CD and better saved for CC chains.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Vi scales hard with raw AD and armour pen, don't build devourer on her.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The only problem I have with the system is that you can get shards for champions/skins that you already own. I'm one skin shard away from being able to re-roll; I hope that the resulting skin can't be a dupe as well, but I'm guessing it can.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Rumble is really good low econ as well. You will never see 2v1 in solo queue, though

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

A+ game

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
They are finally killing Kalista, god is great

Also Shyv W change was reverted so she is just getting a slap on the wrist

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Luna Was Here posted:

If anything it's going to be ekko and nid and grag and shyv and kindred that are going to be the big picks of this patch

Nid might be donezo with the W change if she can't properly kite her first clear.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Spudalicious posted:

It doesn't matter how good your passive procs are because they won't be increasing single target damage, which without any damage items will be...let's do the math...yep jack poo poo. I don't know if it's better to get IE->Zeal item or if BFsword-zeal is good enough, but I usually err on infinity edge first just because of how much ooomph it gives everything. Now if you're talking about Jinx, you do get a net single target damage increase with hurricane through Fishbones if you manage to land double or triple-hits. I do wonder if it's worth giving up on damage first altogether though.

Ashe straight up gets stronger auto-attacks and stronger slows from crit that's how her passive works.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Also Ashe isn't a hyper-carry she is a utility ADC. The only hypercarries left are Vayne, Twitch and maaaaaybe Jinx.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
No I think she's a utility carry because she has 3 skills that are utility based and a bad steroid.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Illaoi could be good if you built a team completely around a zero CC top laner but that will never ever happen especially not in solo queue. She is pretty busted in 3s and aram though!

Aurelion Sol will be good as long as he's not completely bugged; he has hard CC, waveclear, and burst.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
If Cass loses spammable twin fang she will probably be poo poo

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Yasuo can just wind wall the W like he does now

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
otoh anti-mobility effects like silence already exist in the game and is a massive chore to play vs.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Cinderhulk would see more use if they let you swap between enchants for free or a nominal fee. It sucks that they took that functionality away from the tiamat items instead of just improving their build paths.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Luna Was Here posted:

their twitch and tf flashed into melee range of aatrox and he ate them and then we gg pushed and won

~solo queue~

Every Aatrox I've played with is an Aatrox savant and probably the worst person ever irl

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Bliss Authority posted:

I'm doing Ranked as Nasus for this reason, all his weaknesses are mitigated by good engage and learning how to farm and zone properly.

I am so confused by this post Nasus doesn't have any engage at all

e: or zoning ability because he's loving Nasus lmao

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Kindred
Dance of Arrows (Q)
Damage lowered to 50/80/110/140/170 from 60/90/120/150/180
Total AD ratio increased to .4 from .2
Lamb's Respite (R) is now self cast on Kindred rather than being able to be used on an ally.

hahahahaha

that is so not going live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Radical posted:

it means the targeting, not that it only effects kindred

I know, it completely cripples the use of the spell

• Locked thread