Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I finally built a gaming PC but for some reason League is locked at 60 FPS. I can drop everything down to minimum garbage quality and it still sits at 60 FPS. Am I being punished for being on Windows 10? I checked my graphics card profiles and it's not trying to lock the FPS or anything, and the setting has it unlimited in the client too.

:confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Okay yeah it was on in my gpu, thanks dudes.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Apparently sticking the attack speed passive buff onto the W and changing the damage minimum on it a bit has made Kogs winrate go up, although it has hardly been enough time that it would necessarily be meaningful.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Just the other day I was calling this fix stupid but possibly really good so :unsmigghh:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

exethan posted:

Well Q was always the skill that you were best off skipping and it gave him a steroid. I didn't expect the changes to be that useful but they are very promising thus far.

Also I was probably wrong about Ryze. After seeing Keane play him last night, he just split pushes and ults to delete every wave. He farmed each game until he got really strong then he would look for TP flanks. The fact that his ultimate is up all the time after level 11 makes him pretty hard to pin down, and distortion swifties with 0/18/12 mean you have a lot of map pressure and playmaking ability through reduced summoner cooldowns. I'm thinking that if you get behind you'll have a pretty hard time but I'll play a few games on him tonight and see how it feels.

Post rework Q was the first skill you maxed on Kog because W was absolutely terrible in lane. Now Q is something I guess you put a point in to for using it to get the occasional CS.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Just concentrate on having more CS than your opposing laner for now.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Even if he is now ~viable~ new Kog is still much less fun than the last iteration of Kog.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

That was the reveal for the new champion Jhin

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

So now that my fps doesn't drop into the single digits in team fights this game is uhhhh a lot easier: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2096996581/211473482?tab=overview

edit: At one point in this game I QSS'd Malphite ult, which previously would have been straight up impossible for me.

NTT posted:

Also Lovechop is legit handsome as gently caress though, let's be real. Don't hate on my man 'chop

rabidsquid fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Feb 14, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

exethan posted:

you can't QSS knockups

You totally can, and since I was Ezreal I arcane shifted out of it instead of having to flash!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgIQtqIX3aw

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

im cool :>

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

How does listening to a rock band make you a hipster douche

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Radical posted:

jungling is pretty cool but i also like top lane because i have a mental disorder

Top lane is incredible until the heinous coward the jungler shows up to save the dipshit top laner on the other team

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

That's why you take ignite and kill the other top laner. When they TP back to lane you kill them again.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Etrips posted:

There are more than 2 champs there buddy.

Pretty obviously a troll if you consider his username but he doesn't even say poo poo about Gangplank

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Play a shitload of ARAMs to learn two skills: team fighting and getting contested CS

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Just play support Elise where her high base damages turn her into a weird tanky Morgana.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

afaik it's mpen reds/armor yellows/cdr and magic resist blues and they're using move speed quints but that's just really popular in korea in general

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Radical posted:

if you wanna play support elise look here

I hope some brave goon does this and reports back

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

I'll give it a shot tonight if I can get it through a draft without someone dodging.

:patriot:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

If you can land cocoon I don't think your ADC needs to be particularly skilled to kill somebody who is stunned.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

I really liked Galio support as like my retarded pocket pick for a long time but teams don't tend to have tons of AP now to make him a real shitter and his mana costs have always blown.

You have a new retarded pocket pick now with Elise.

Also I am glad to see all of this Olaf talk, as he is a viable mid lane counter pick.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I was playing Kog and ran into a weird bug. I got hit by the Cho knockup and afterwards I just couldn't move or attack until I died.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I like how he considers buying a defensive item is loving someone over. Can't believe he's still on about that. Also lmao that he's mad he has to hand over blue buffs. gently caress off Meteos.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Conspiracy theory time, the portal was never bugged, but riot wants fresh numbers and win % data without the portal being built for the champs that have been abusing it the most to figure out which to nerf.

Some goon was posting that he was breaking PBE games with it so there's definitely something wrong with it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The Muramana nerf is a secret blue Ezreal nerf by the cowards at Riot games

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yes I think putting a dash onto an aoe damage taunt ult would probably be a bit much

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Not being able to activate Muramana at sub 20% mana or use it on minions is definitely a nerf. I find it really hard to believe the toggle on it was that complicated to use??

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I just had a fun Kog game too but instead of having a bunch of champs who can never get to you I faced off against a Kalista/Alistar/Diana. Still won though!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Bholder posted:

I hate to break it to you but there is no such thing as "fun part".

You have reached peak fun at level 5 when you fought against bots and had no idea what to do. It's all downhill from there.

Actually league rules when you get to do this to the dumb rear end hole laner on the other team https://vine.co/v/MZmwQn02lDu

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Libertine posted:

This is hosed up tbh, because if the A for Ban was on the board, then the A in Maw would be as well.

It's his name, Dan Kog'Mow

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Verviticus posted:

if i have a guy i want dead and im playing zed and i have everything up, pretending hes just a target dummy or whatever (but i cant just stand still and auto him forever)

do i want to ult auto shadow w/e auto for 50% and escape or is there a better way to try to combo people?

i was always under the impression that triple shuriken was the most damaging thing you could do but i have also always wondered this myself

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I'm not sure that I'd describe ranked as more "fun" than normal, exactly.

It sucks to play the game without tier 3 runes.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mikujin posted:

Not true at all. A skilled player in any role can influence a game heavily. Case in point, I just got to watch support Elise carry a team via tons of roaming ganks in mid. Like, she rushed swifties and just constantly showed up mid (sometimes with the jungler, many times without) and crushed someone's dreams. While she wasn't making GBS threads damage or anything, she was able to convert a lot of presence into kills and gold for the enemy mid-laner.

I swear this is so loving legit and more people should be doing it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

K8.0 posted:

Stormraiders is backwards as gently caress. If you have enough damage to proc it, you'd rather have thunderlords and kill them. If you need to run away, it's because you don't have enough damage. It'd be way more useful if it was the other way around and let you run away from people who did a lot of damage to you.

You use it for chasing, not running away.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Wouldn't PD just be better than SS on anyone who doesn't need the wave clear? PD is arguably the best Zeal item atm in general I think.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

There was just a Stormraider's Surge top lane Pantheon in LCS

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Riot reworked Kog to the point that he can't be balanced. Good work Riot. But at least now we no longer have old Kog, whose kit was too generic, which is definitely the reason he got reworked. Sure.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lord_Magmar posted:

I still don't get why they moved the attack speed from q to w for kog. It meant you had to either do more damage with w or attack faster.

It's because they can't figure out how to balance his new extremely loving garbage kit. I am guessing that this is to help weather some of the storm when they nerf rageblade next, but it's possible that they're just stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lady Naga posted:

Well yes that was my point? Yi sucks enough atm that I can't rely on someone picking him in these kinds of games to play well enough to compensate for it. I've seen more effective Jhins than I have effective Yis.

It's been so long since I started, do you still get one free champ after the tutorial?

Master Yi has a really high win rate actually

• Locked thread