Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Firebert posted:

got a redemption active from a minion at lvl 3-4 and a tp from a couple of waves later lol

uhhhhhh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Is the "slow on auto attack" keystone maybe good on gnar? It's a frozen mallet at level 1

It’s literally one of their example builds in the YouTube video, so I’d expect it’s at least good enough

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
If Brand (and before nerfs, Annie) be a meta support I’m keeping an open mind. It really depends on how easy her poke is to land, how reliable her CC is, and her burst damage combo

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
edit: I'm a dummy, the rune editing is in "collection" for some reason

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Did a Leona game as my first with the new runes.

Aftershock seems insanely good. It's almost exactly the same effect as her W, so now you just get it twice. I was concerned that going for purely all-in runes would make me not as useful late, but that didn't happen.

I went Domination as my secondary, wasn't in love with it. Zombie Ward isn't as useful as I thought it would be, because killing like 5 wards in a game is normal. Also, you only get the zombie on your own wards if they time out; if your wards are timing out as a support, you're probably in bronze.

Not sure whether I want to do Sorcery -> Ultimate Hat / Celerity, or Inspiration -> Magical Footwear / Cosmic Insight.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Elman posted:

So does "killstealing" actually matter or is it just the usual "gently caress you I'm the carry I should get all the kills" bullshit from mobas and safe to ignore?

Cause people seem to get really mad when I come to gank and attack the enemy till they're dead.

They're dumb, just kill the dudes

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

definitely dont concern yourself with kill stealing but also dont be like my friend who flash zenith blade ignited a 10 hp target who was in auto range of someone else because "i just wanted the assist"

Kill secured

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Predator keystone blitz: A Good Gimmick

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Venuz Patrol posted:

did you go sorcery for the free cast every 60 seconds? it seems choice for blitz in particular

Nah, I did movespeed and more movespeed because if I'm gonna do a gimmick I'm gonna go all in

edit: waterwalking does seem underwhelming compared to the free spells though

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Reality Winner posted:

I have no idea what Passive: Bandit means and DO NOT respond telling me what it is

Owning stock in a bank

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Okay manabond is broken

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

treerat posted:

Klepto Sona made this game fun again.

Okay this sounds legit very good

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Leona is absolutely unkillable with Aftershock, idk what you’re talking about melting instantly

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

saltylopez posted:

What abilities qualify as an "immobilize" for proccing aftershock? Like does Thresh's hook or flay count?

Both yes. Knockups count.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Sona with klepto is the dumbest poo poo, please play it once before it's removed

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Aumanor posted:

What's a good rune setup for her besides that?

Biscuit, footwear, cosmic insight
sorcery: manaflow, scorch

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
*braum voice* don’t lose

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Now that I have all champs I’m going full gently caress You Got Mine wrt new players. Why should they get any champs for free, they should be $30 each

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I nearly busted out laughing when I got an elixir of skill on Sona. Like what the gently caress

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Wait

Wait

WAIT

Klepto Jayce :stonk:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

amazeballs posted:

I am really struggling in bot lane to gauge trades with the new rune system. It seems the damage I'm expecting to take / dish out is not in line with reality. Unfortunate for my teammates on the rift I guess.

New runes are supes cool regardless.

The basic solution is to play something all-in like Leona or Blitz and not worry whether they’ll take 1000 or 2000 damage, because they have 600hp.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Pretty hosed up how when solo laners earn gold it's called "farming" but when support characters do it it's "bandit" and "kleptomancy"

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I doubt that any of y'all will actually try this dumb poo poo but literally no build or style tilts enemy midlaners harder than Predator Blitzcrank

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I really doubt that your 2/3/3 hard carried your team to that 15m surrender

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Udyr has no real predators now that Janna takes actual skill to play :(

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Emery posted:

The resigned "...okay" at the end is the most support player thing I've ever heard and it's perfect

That was our midlaner

Tired Moritz posted:

killgoldfish has a cute voice
:3:

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Edit: forgot to quote Thresh post

It’s definitely Aftershock. Thresh’s big weakness has always been to bite off more than he can chew, in terms of engaging fights without the necessary tankiness to survive getting focused for more than half a second, so getting Leona W is just perfect for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Mikujin posted:

As much as Methanar and I might want you to think Udyr is freelo, he's not. He does come in the top 10 best-performing junglers right now, but not nearly as highly performing as Rammus/Xin/Shyv who are all tearing it up with at or approaching 55% win rates. That said, the new rune system definitely favors traditional attack speed junglers who kick off fast clears into strong ganks (Udyr/Xin) or who can just power-farm even harder (Shyvana). The inherent buffs to Rammus alongside this, as well as Aftershock, are really pushing him over the top as a go-to jungler as well: he gets insanely strong mid-gank thanks to Aftershock + W, and his clear is actually a bit faster now.

I tried Rammus in a couple norms after getting tipped that he’s absurd right now, and folks... he is. Tanks who don’t build any damage st all should not be able to trivially 1v2 and kill an ADC when they’re not even ahead.

• Locked thread