Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Observe Me posted:

RIP In Piece Old Ryze. Smashing my fist into my keyboard will never be as fun anymore. :(

what beautiful execution by a masterful player on a cheesing trolling garbage can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Yashichi posted:

On the other hand,

racism

wait this is the cheese garbage trolling I was talking about!!

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Feb 1, 2016

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

that jax change is loving stupid. that has basically no effect on him late game or early game, so it just messes up his timings slightly. maybe they think he's too good in the jungle because he's a garbage top laner

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Luna Was Here posted:

first 99 lp post of the season:

also gently caress assassin meta, it can gently caress off to mid season 3 where it loving belongs. lb is a perfect example of how that meta is loving dumb and bad for the game
"oh hey im gonna use my flash-ability on an 8 second cooldown then hit two buttons and take you to 25% hp, then blink back into the middle of my team with little to nothing you can do about it"

gently caress off

assassins are fun
tanks are fun
spammy dudes are fun
energy characters are fun
jugggernauts are fun
jax is fun

adc? get hosed. get poo poo your loving face and put it loving in your rear end

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

who are you playing against as jarvan in lane that doesnt make you want to hate yourself? jax?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

j4 was my go-to last season because he had basically the most undeniable assassination in the game if you wanted to pop an AD carry but the popular laners now (malphite/tahm/fiora/poppy) all make his life loving miserable. irelia/jax/renekton/shyv of yesteryear were a little more even. also hydra and tiamat loving suck to build as laning items

shen/riven are both pretty miserable as well. havent seen a GP as j4 but i imagine thats not so bad

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

hows this work? ekko btw

the second one is probably a small sample

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

Top lane is incredible until the heinous coward the jungler shows up to save the dipshit top laner on the other team

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

The Mash posted:

Even and uninteresting:
Shen, Garen, Nasus, Olaf

olaf is even and uninteresting? every olaf v fiora lane i do is a complete murderfest and usually olaf comes out on top

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

el dingo posted:

That makes me curious - how much have you spent on LoL, goons? I've only dropped £20 on this account. I had another years ago, I don't think Oceania server existed then so I have no idea where the account is or if it even exists anymore but I think I spent around 100 on that one. I miss pink Taric and matador alistar badly

I want skins damnit but I'm such a dirty poor.

i have over 8000 games and i've spent $0

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

if i have a guy i want dead and im playing zed and i have everything up, pretending hes just a target dummy or whatever (but i cant just stand still and auto him forever)

do i want to ult auto shadow w/e auto for 50% and escape or is there a better way to try to combo people?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Sperglord Firecock posted:

so i've been playing ranked a lot more recently, but entirely not on purpose

i made the mistake that because the ranked queue is now positioned where the normal queue used to be (automatically selected the moment you press play), i just played a bunch of ranked

i legitimately enjoy relaxing and having a nice game of league and not taking it seriously while everyone else is just flipping poo poo

imo if you're playing solo a lot you might as well play ranked. mute people if they're freaking out. you'll get better competition in general. its pretty easy to not care about rank if its the only thing you do

1: leave olaf alone
2: dont bother olaf
3: dont cancel auto-attacks, olaf, you piece of loving garbage

(really the thing that saves me here is the level advantage, the only item i had was a tiamat)

its a shame that olaf isn't really a viable top laner, he's so much fun if you get ahead

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 24, 2016

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

you'll probably get like 30 lp a win for a short time

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

i get 33 a win and have since they started the lp system. have 0 motivation because gently caress randoms + my friends are all bad and do poo poo like devourer ekko or full armour support shen against 4ap so I'd rather play normals with them.

point is though, gank your lanes.

do not gank olaf

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Spiros posted:

I play normals with champs I don't know. If it doesn't work out, it's growing pains. If it does, I'm a god. Win/win.

i learned zed in ranked this week. he's fun!

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Servaetes posted:

I hope Kennen never loving returns to prominence ever. Ghost on a regular ability makes ganking him nearly impossible

his e is considerably stronger than ghost, even

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

ungulateman posted:

Silver 1, 2-2 in promos, only play with my friends, most of which are bronze and won't be silver for the foreseeable future :ohdear:

just keep dodging the 2-n promo series. your mmr will keep increasing but you will stay in playable range

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

um yes please

this is the stupidest change i've ever seen and he will get supernerfed like 2 hours later if it goes through

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

has anyone seen the message that tells you you're being a shitlord recently? i feel like it hasn't been around for a few weeks and i miss the lil' guy :(

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

soloqteleport.gif.avi

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

fiddlesticks hit literally 0 people with his ult the entire game. he frequently ulted to like, kill wraiths or something? i have no idea

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

the talon bug where his damage steroid was displaying the increased damage but not actually applying it was my favourite bug

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

^^^ have you tried winning the game

anyone who plays top nautlius deserves the same fate as malphite players: torture forever

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Feb 29, 2016

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2112067996/31652782?tab=stats

First penta since AP Yi :toot:

The new lifesteal keystone on Olaf is really good. It makes the <10% hp duels wicked strong on top of how good Olaf is at that bullshit already.

one wonders how that cho'gath got even 5 kills

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

wodin posted:

I've been learning top lane this season, and it's generally been a lot of fun. However, I really have no idea how to handle a strong ganking jungler getting up in my business. The thought is that I simply hang back near the turret and farm, but that feels like it puts my opponent too far ahead and I ultimately end up losing a lot of farm. It's made a little worse by playing Illaoi who needs to bully early, but still.

Any particular recommendations?

illaoi is an outrageously bad top laner because of this. play a better champion or just... lose lots of cs i guess

as for general top lane advice, do NOT do this

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

Please tell me how to gank top as a jungle because they always just run away :saddowns:

who are you playing as? walk behind them and start autoing them and then use the abilities

the single most important thing about ganking imo (ignoring dives) is to hold your abilities unless they arent going to respond (like flash cocoon). you can gain a lot of ground by saving charges, stuns and whatnot until they've flashed or dodged themselves into a wall

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Mar 8, 2016

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Lady Naga posted:

It's very unreasonable to waste everyone's time by dodging a pick actually.

its way better to ask someone after you to trade and then dont tell them a champion so the timer runs out

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

works for fiora too!

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

rabidsquid posted:

I understand why you flash mastery, but KCW loves it more than anyone I know and it would be a far more cruel punishment then setting his elo to 0 would.

you've never seen me lane

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

to be fair, you deserved that because you tried to play tank akali

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

nobody talks to jax :(

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

hockey jax is the best skin actually

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

its fine either way. this is the way it is and its good, but if they somehow designed stuns to interrupt everything, that would also be fine (and require rebalancing)

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

Is anyone else playing Kindred mid? I think it's... pretty good.

i feel like this would struggle with any mage that can push reasonably well/safely, at least early. and then you have to spend time roaming to crabs and stuff and they'll just roam to your team and murder them

also if you thought jungle kindred telegraphed ganks, imagine when mid kindred marks another lane

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Sperglord Firecock posted:

the problem lies with, if you literally have a perfectly mechanically played game, you can still lose the game completely because the rest of your team are a bunch of potatoes that wont listen to what you say and will continually insist "dude i can play kat against yas no prob bro"

this is not true at the level you play at (or most/all of us)

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

henkman posted:

It's more that no one in this thread is going to play perfect mechanically so that fantasy example will never exist

its also wrong. there are plenty of cases where some pro or challenger player starts at something that isnt challenger and goes 55-0 to get themselves back into it

Kashuno posted:

Even pro players don't have mechanically perfect games so there is always gently caress ups you made that you can improve on

and they will still win literally every plat game and below

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

both aatrox and malphite are good against her. you basically need to either kill her in the time it takes you to gap close, or have two gap closers

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

How Rude posted:

best real answer: Lissandra and Morgana top are both strong in that they give 0 shits about her lovely harassing gimmick and can outpush her and pressure her extremely hard at level 6. also pretty strong picks against dives once they hit 6. also provide fantastic TP ganks to bottom lane and have a ton of CC to stop her from doing poo poo in fights. if your jungler ganks for your lane and you picked one of these two champions then Quinn turns into a walking sack of 300 gold.

quinn can completely zone both morg and lissandra. you're right, that once they hit 6 they can translate that into being useful, but quinn straight up out damages lissandra at a similar range

if you make a pick to rely on your jungler, at least do it with malphite or nasus or something

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Alris posted:

Thankyou all for your responses, I truly appreciate the effort that went into them, but advice on who to pick into Quinn is difficult to take on when Quinn is the one being picked into you.

Also thankyou Nyandaber Z, I shall take your words to heart and hopefully dominate stupid ranged bird champions in the top lane.

the point is, 'pick quinn' is legit advice against most melee top laners, so nobody can really tell you how to do well in a lane thats hard from the get-go other than "get cs and dont die"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

SlyFrog posted:

Last night I learned that you can ping on Lee Sin in your jungle for 30 seconds in Bronze, and not one of your teammates will leave lane to come shut him down.

I need to figure out how to use this to my own advantage, because god knows I was misused and abused by it as Yi last night.

learn how to counterjungle, obviously

• Locked thread