Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

The Ezell posted:

Show up and find out!

That's what I mean, do I show up to the chat and say hi? :3

Brannock posted:

Why is Ravana suddenly great? I thought he was considered underwhelming, then I see he got a couple nerfs in the Season 3 patch. I guess he's benefiting heavily from the itemization changes?

Same question goes for Arachne, actually.

Ravana got buffed and his sustain is too insane ontop of his new passive, nobody can box him unless you're Bellona or at least 3 man with enough cc to take him down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Lady Naga posted:

Is there a website for quick "most picked builds" like champion.gg?
I like Tier Monster because they chew through a lot of data to get aggregate builds, they separate out the builds from top players, and and they have builds for the modes that are actually fun instead of conquest.

Not sure when the new items, etc will show up on the various sites. You might also peek at Smite Guru for ideas.

The Ezell
May 11, 2003
I play football. No, not that football. The other kind.

Brannock posted:

Why is Ravana suddenly great? I thought he was considered underwhelming, then I see he got a couple nerfs in the Season 3 patch. I guess he's benefiting heavily from the itemization changes?

Same question goes for Arachne, actually.

You seem to have missed the bigger ravanna buff; They fixed his ult (it actually does damage and can be used as an escape now) and reworked his passive. However he's not even close to S+ tier, he's a strong boxer because his new shield passive is a bit too strong and his 1 has very strong scaling but he still doesn't bring a ton to a team fight.

Same thing for Arachne really, except her buff was more recent and less important, her move speed buff on webs is now flat 40% instead of scaling up from 15% (to 50%). It doesn't really make her an A+ tier god, she's still a ridiculously strong boxer (even stronger than Ravanna) but she also brings very little to a team fight.

I like and respect Incon, he's miles better at this game than I will ever be, but this S3 tier list is just him throwing darts at a board.

beaner69
Sep 12, 2009
I like smite.guru also but they do that thing where the whole page reloads into a full page ad.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

Is there a website for quick "most picked builds" like champion.gg?

Nothing accurate for Season 3 yet seeing as it just launched today. Everything is officially outdated.

There used to be a very good site Smitestuff.com that kept statistics on what people actually build (with win rates), but I believe Smite.guru is the only site that does that now. You're gonna need to wait a while before the Season 3 builds start normalizing into their databases though.

I highly recommend trying jungle practice and build various items on gods. It sure as hell beats crunching numbers on a spreadsheet.

edit-
I guess TierMonster keeps Smite statistics too? I remember some site kept statistics but only with players that set up accounts on their website so their data was completely skewed. I don't remember what site it was, but I can picture what their spreadsheets looked like. :shrug:

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 2, 2016

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Ugh that Sol skin being locked behind buying all the lovely japanese skins/crap makes me sad. On top of that not being able to flat out buy chocolate love Chang'e. Curse you Riot.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How big of a difference does that 30 protection make with the Stone-Cutter Sword? Why would you choose it over, say, an Executioners? Or choose any of the katana line weapons over the light blade items?

The Ezell
May 11, 2003
I play football. No, not that football. The other kind.

Jimbot posted:

How big of a difference does that 30 protection make with the Stone-Cutter Sword? Why would you choose it over, say, an Executioners? Or choose any of the katana line weapons over the light blade items?

Stonecutter vs Executioner: 30 flat reduction is going to be better than 32% against most gods for most of the game, in addition you're gaining the protections shredded by stonecutter. The base stats are more or less a wash after that, though worth noting is attack speed is not as good as it might seem all attack speed bonuses buff your base level 1 attack speed (it's a strong stat still it just buffs a much smaller number than most people think).

The rest of the katana line is a little less straightforward, they're low stat low cost items with procs that are situational at best. I think masamune will find a niche as a buy-when-behind item.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Kaedric posted:

lovely japanese skins

Excuse me, but Y. Honda is rad as hell :colbert:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

The Ezell posted:

I like and respect Incon, he's miles better at this game than I will ever be, but this S3 tier list is just him throwing darts at a board.

Like I said, this list is by no means perfect and it's really just based on what he saw on the PTS when he was streaming it 7+ hours a day whenever it was up. Sun Wukong for example, is just in A as a random guess cause he never saw anyone play him on the PTS. Nobody.

Take all of it with a grain of salt.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

People crying that Joust is too snowbally...

:smallestviolin:

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

cyclonic posted:

People crying that Joust is too snowbally...

:smallestviolin:

I really like the new Joust but I think the huge buff is a bit over the top along with the tower disabling.

Dinosaur Satan
Oct 27, 2005

Helen, I'll love you always.
Has anyone else had a UI issue in Arena where the meters for the big guys cover up the tickets? The UI editor seems to treat them as one object so I guess until they patch it I can't know how many tickets each team has.

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Dinosaur Satan posted:

Has anyone else had a UI issue in Arena where the meters for the big guys cover up the tickets? The UI editor seems to treat them as one object so I guess until they patch it I can't know how many tickets each team has.

Not sure if this helps, but...

You can customize the HUD elements with Esc>HUD Editor. Go into a Custom/Practice game and set yours up.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

coca bojangles posted:

Not sure if this helps, but...

You can customize the HUD elements with Esc>HUD Editor. Go into a Custom/Practice game and set yours up.

Dinosaur Satan posted:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Dinosaur Satan posted:

Yep I had this problem too. I had to ask my teammates what the score was, apparently they could see it just fine. :shrug:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Yep I had this problem too. I had to ask my teammates what the score was, apparently they could see it just fine. :shrug:

I can see it fine, my only two of my friends can't, i wonder what causes it.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Brannock posted:

I really like the new Joust but I think the huge buff is a bit over the top along with the tower disabling.

I think it's fine. If you're losing but manage to steal it you can potentially come back.

It makes Bull buff way too important - you HAVE to contest it, and it forces fights.

drink_bleach
Dec 13, 2004

Praise the Sun!

cyclonic posted:

I think it's fine. If you're losing but manage to steal it you can potentially come back.

It makes Bull buff way too important - you HAVE to contest it, and it forces fights.

I think it serves it's purpose well. People used to just tower hug, now you can easily pull them out of their towers just by pretending to do bull.

It should be something you can't ignore, I'm loving the new joust changes and look forward to playing league 3v3.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
Honestly I have no diea what to build anymore but today's quest was play a Japanese god 3 times... Well since there's only one, I've played as Ammy. I've rushed Cloak of Sorrow as like my second or third item now (on arena) and holy poo poo I think it's the way to go. That thing is so worth it! If you don't get a great 5 man ult you can still stun pretty much everyone since they want to stop you from ulting.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009
I've been trying out the new Soul Eater and I kind of like it. Getting that 20% instant health is pretty nice assuming you can keep stacking it back to 20 quick enough and it gives a nice bit of attack speed.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Zain posted:

Honestly I have no diea what to build anymore but today's quest was play a Japanese god 3 times... Well since there's only one, I've played as Ammy. I've rushed Cloak of Sorrow as like my second or third item now (on arena) and holy poo poo I think it's the way to go. That thing is so worth it! If you don't get a great 5 man ult you can still stun pretty much everyone since they want to stop you from ulting.

I tried stone cutter on her and built her damage. She ripped through everything and a slightly higher mobility with an all damage build. Had like 249 basic attack damage ontop of Rage crits. It seems kinda flavor though, like I could do without it but I figure I might as well mess with some new items and see if Amaterasu needs them or not.

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 3, 2016

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

I tried stone cutter on her and built her damage. She ripped through everything and a slightly higher mobility with an all damage build. Had like 249 basic attack damage ontop of Rage crits. It seems kinda flavor though, like I could do without it but I figure I might as well mess with some new items and see if Amaterasu needs them or not.

Yeah, Stonecutter seems to be a fantastic item for Amaterasu. I replaced Executioner with it after I asked my protection question earlier and it works wonderfully.

So far, it seems like you still need beads. The mitigation doesn't really do much of anything. Even if you reduce CC by half you're still pretty much dead if you get hit by it. They should probably just give everyone beads as a third relic slot that slowly get better as you progress in the match. Whatever they attempted with Season 3 on that front looks like it didn't do its job.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Feb 3, 2016

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
So what else outside of stone cutter and rage? Would the Cloak of Sorrow still be good on her then? Should be with the area of effect stun. But what else if we're going damage?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
In my experience Cloak of Sorrow is amazing on pretty much every single warrior. I build it regularly on Amaterasu and Wukong.

Even if you're building damage, the 60 protections makes your self-healing that much stronger, and the area stun enables a lot of damage. The only drawback, obviously, is its cost.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Cloak of Sorrow plus Bulwark of hope on Amaterasu is all the defense you really need to be almost totally unkillable and allow you to build damage. Stonecutter is great of course, and if you want to get close to the cooldown cap Jotun's is a great way to go. Pair it with Brawler's Beatstick and Warrior Tabi of course, and you'll have incredible utility while still doing decent damage. If there's a tanky rear end in a top hat on the other team you may want to swap out Brawler's for Titan's Bane, but hopefully you have other decent people to deal with that while you make the squishies' lives miserable.

Also, Zeus players might want to take note if this thing I learned today: Spear of Desolation is still pretty good on him, but remember that Aegis Assault does not go on cooldown until the shield comes back to him, so the passive might not be quite as useful if you tend to get a lot of your kills with that.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/schisam/status/694944544056545280

https://twitter.com/schisam/status/694963031504240640

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Ugh, now that the Shield of the Underworld is gone, what in the flying heckfire do you do against Bakasura or Ao Kuang or any other god who stacks attack speed through the roof?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Jimbot posted:

Ugh, now that the Shield of the Underworld is gone, what in the flying heckfire do you do against Bakasura or Ao Kuang or any other god who stacks attack speed through the roof?

Sanctuary maybe, Sprint maybe, Hide of the Nemean Lion maybe, stun them and kill them maybe. Depends on the situation. Sometimes you just can't get away. Keep positioning in mind, try not to get caught out.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Does Ammy have good enough heal in stance-dancing to justify Thebes with cooldowns?

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

GuyUpNorth posted:

Does Ammy have good enough heal in stance-dancing to justify Thebes with cooldowns?

She's no Hercules but it's pretty decent healing, if you have full cooldown and keep using the aura switch it certainly could be.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Sanctuary maybe, Sprint maybe, Hide of the Nemean Lion maybe, stun them and kill them maybe. Depends on the situation. Sometimes you just can't get away. Keep positioning in mind, try not to get caught out.

Stun and kill them works, sometimes. In team fights they tend to get away, eat a minion then melt the rest of the team however.

I've yet to see a attack speed Bakasura do anything less than double digit kills, single digit deaths and single-handedly carry a team. Like I said, Nemean Lion stacked with Underworld put an end to that poo poo but Hi-Rez in their infinite wisdom removed that item.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
But notice how auto attack gods were trash for the jungle role for most of Season 2. That item single-handedly dumpstered half the assassin pool for jungle and led to the Thor/Serqet/Hun Batz dynasty. It was pretty annoying to build an entire set of items (probably the only set that would work for a particular god) and then have someone go "lol go ahead and kill yourself" with one active. You could play footsies with someone trying to bait out the Shield of the Underworld so you wouldn't get shellacked or you could just be Thor and not give a gently caress.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I think Shield of the Underworld was HiRez' attempt to create an item to counter hunters that were rampant in the middle of Season 2 (Heartseeker/Asi hunters :shudder:), but it ended up ruining the auto-attack assassins (the HoG nerf didn't help either).

It's very tough to balance the physical auto-attack items because of the potential of making hunters OP again - hence the addition of Stone Cutting Sword and nerf to Exec Axe.

edit-
Completely random:
:stare:
Bluestone, Transcendence, Warrior Tabi, Jotunn's, Deathbringer, Bulwark, Cloak of Unrelenting Sorrow on Nox? Sure buddy!

Just kidding, I think he just posted the comment in the wrong video. I did do a Nox support video, and the build was Watchers, CDR boots, Sov, Heartward, Midguardian (because they were actually focusing me), Chronos Pendant, Soul Reaver

Kinda nice knowing people are actually watching the videos.

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Feb 4, 2016

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

cyclonic posted:

I think Shield of the Underworld was HiRez' attempt to create an item to counter hunters that were rampant in the middle of Season 2 (Heartseeker/Asi hunters :shudder:), but it ended up ruining the auto-attack assassins (the HoG nerf didn't help either).

It's very tough to balance the physical auto-attack items because of the potential of making hunters OP again - hence the addition of Stone Cutting Sword and nerf to Exec Axe.

They're moving in the right direction making AN item melee exclusive.

If they wanted to address hunter lifesteal they could make ranged physical lifesteal have a penalty. It could be similar to how magical lifesteal works on AoE abilities, where only a percentage of damage dealt counts to lifesteal.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

coca bojangles posted:

They're moving in the right direction making AN item melee exclusive.

If they wanted to address hunter lifesteal they could make ranged physical lifesteal have a penalty. It could be similar to how magical lifesteal works on AoE abilities, where only a percentage of damage dealt counts to lifesteal.

A good suggestion (another suggestion was to add a coefficient to crits on hunters back in Season 2), but who knows what HiRez wants to do now, or where the hunter meta is steering. They nerfed lifesteal a little so you can't heal from "overkill" damage, and they nerfed Soul Eater a little. Are hunters squishier now? Definitely.

Do they deal less damage now? mmmm hard to say without theorycrafting and crunching the numbers. Are they gonna go back to the super high/efficient DPS one-build-to-rule-them-all (triple crits?) or are we going to see a lot more variety (a more diverse "Krett chart" we saw towards the end of Season 2)? After watching the dev insight video on Season 3, I'd like to think the latter but even more diversified on the hunter picks (is Apollo going to become the "split push objective shredder king" and therefore items like Titan's Bane are best for him?)

Part of me wants to theorycraft a bunch of hunter builds, but I'm holding back because of the anticipated god balance changes, whenever those are supposed to happen.

Speaking of god balance changes, shouldn't we be seeing a new god soonish, or for this month at least? Susanoo/Raijin/Skadi hype?

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Don't forget there's spectral armor to negate lifesteal :thumbsup:

Should do wonders against hunters

I'm hype enough with Amaterasu, she's my #1 now

also agree with Cloak of Sorrow, if you can afford it get it. I got it last though but I was doing really well so it wasn't pressing but it helped with the final push into the titan for a victory lap.

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Feb 4, 2016

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
i don't like that ravana's ult doesn't lock on anymore but oh well. punchman god is best god.

LegalPad
Oct 23, 2013

When you guys build guardian gods like geb/khepri, do you go full tank -- or do you get a few damage items too?
With khepri especially, it seems like his base damage and ratios are so bad to start with that magical power seems almost like a waste.

I usually get Urchin > Reinforced Shoes > Cloak of Sorrow > And then just stack health after that. But I also have no idea what I'm doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coca bojangles
Nov 2, 2011

Superhuman hindsight

Lastgirl posted:

Don't forget there's spectral armor to negate lifesteal :thumbsup:

Should do wonders against hunters

Not really because you'd probably only build this on a guardian or warrior. Two classes who for the most part can't box hunters anyway. They'd be healing less, sure... but you won't be able to dish out the damage to make up the difference.

They attack faster, from range, and with crits. Shield of Underworld shut off lifesteal completely. Lifestealing 50% less is still lifesteal, and even with that sustain you will get out boxed.

• Locked thread