Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I don't think Morrigan's passive transfers over to anyone she's ulted. The only thing that "transfers" seems to be the ranks of the skills you've leveled. So if you rank up Morrigan's 2 (her line clear) and you transform into Kukulkan, congrats you just maxed Kukulkan's slipstream.

She's broken in other ways on the PTS. Dying after transforming leaves some kind of residual bot behind that can die and respawn at the point where Morrigan died. The bot deaths are added to Morrigan's KDA. If they somehow disappear you'll get "an ally has left the game" warning.

Besides that, Clash looks really really beautiful. There's some weird buggy particle interaction with the sand when the boss shows up mid. Don't stand there at the 10 minute mark though because you can wipe there - the snake spawning detonates an AOE burst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Is the new Clash map the same layout as the old one?

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

There's a few changes:

- GF/FG are gone and spawn in mid as a mini-boss, replacing the red buff at the 10 minute mark. So those previous GF/FG sections of the map are narrowed out.
- The "jungle area" by the back harpies have an opening leading to mid
- The back harpies are replaced with a blue buff, so now there's two blue buffs per team.
- Also the phoenixes now shoot lasers that deal sustained low damage that ramps up, instead of volleys like current phoenixes.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yeah, MOBAs! Oh by the way the weather in Atlanta sucks.

Enjoying worlds, though there are a lot of these that are really ugly stomps.

Orv fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 6, 2017

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
Are you guys ready for Hearthstone: Heroes of Hirez Smite Rivals?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Justice Sloth posted:

Are you guys ready for Hearthstone: Heroes of Hirez Smite Rivals?

That game looks like poo poo. But perhaps it is fun to play?

I am much more interested in Smite: Hearthstone Tactics. In fact I just bought the founders pack, hopefully it won't disappoint.

Also I had no idea Smite got big enough to carry not one, but two new games :stare:

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's probably pretty cheap in development costs to get in on that Clash Royale money.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Mr. Neutron posted:

That game looks like poo poo. But perhaps it is fun to play?

I am much more interested in Smite: Hearthstone Tactics. In fact I just bought the founders pack, hopefully it won't disappoint.

Also I had no idea Smite got big enough to carry not one, but two new games :stare:
Smite: Tactics is so alpha in its alpha right now that it crashes and requires me to hard-restart my computer whenever I choose the first option in "campaign" mode.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Smite: Tactics is so alpha in its alpha right now that it crashes and requires me to hard-restart my computer whenever I choose the first option in "campaign" mode.

Whenever I try to launch Smite Tactics the launcher crashes immediately, so you're in a pretty good spot from where I'm sitting.

I'm looking forward to Smite Rivals though. It's a blatant rip-off but Clash Royale is a fun mobile game.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I didn't watch today's games because I was at work, but I'm catching up now.

This meta where you skip a starter item and get rank 3 boots with Wrath to invade/steal/stun is awful. This better not translate into the beginning of Season 4. Frostbound-caliber bullshit better not come back.

We finally had a long streak where early-game-pressure-snowballing wasn't a thing. Leave it to the pros to gently caress it up for everyone :negative:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
new clash map looks great

seems more like two assault lanes at this point the way they really corral the lanes apart

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Shab posted:

Whenever I try to launch Smite Tactics the launcher crashes immediately, so you're in a pretty good spot from where I'm sitting.

Didn't encounter any issues. Seems like a decent mix of Hearhstone and a turn based desk game but it needs about a year of development time still.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Hey guys, been a long time since I played SMITE.

But, I got into the Tactics Alpha, so I'm downloading it right now. Do we have any sort of goon group/clan in game?

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

For Smite? Yes - post your IGN here for invite.

For Tactics? No, but what are everyone's thoughts about combining all these Smite spin-off games into next Season's thread? Because I don't think there's ever going to be enough support to warrant a dedicated Tactics/Rivals thread. I'm not too interested in either of those games though, so I don't plan to dig up much info and provide any "guides" or anything like I do with Smite. People would be welcome to post, discuss, and plan grouping together and what not.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Ah CRAP! It's a card game?

I thought this was some sort of RTS or turn-based.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I'm finally able to watch these live, and the pick/ban phase is super hype. Makes me wish I went. And these EGR strats :swoon:

But then I see some of the mouth breathers in the crowd getting interviewed...:negative:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I installed this last night because my roommate said to, and I was apparently a huge dumbass like three years ago because I bought the "all of the characters, forever" pack despite being level 8 and having no idea how the gently caress to play the game.

Who is good to learn the game on? I can do fairly well as <generic mage with big waveclear> because that poo poo's easy but I don't actually know... anything?

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
If someone doesn't mind, shoot a clan invite to MsColt as well.

primelaw fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 8, 2017

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

^invites sent!

The Shortest Path posted:

Who is good to learn the game on? I can do fairly well as <generic mage with big waveclear> because that poo poo's easy but I don't actually know... anything?

Play Assault. It takes away the chore of deciding who to play.

Just keep playing until you sort of settle on a god that you like playing, then play that god specifically in Arena or Clash.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

cyclonic posted:

No, but what are everyone's thoughts about combining all these Smite spin-off games into next Season's thread? Because I don't think there's ever going to be enough support to warrant a dedicated Tactics/Rivals thread. I'm not too interested in either of those games though, so I don't plan to dig up much info and provide any "guides" or anything like I do with Smite. People would be welcome to post, discuss, and plan grouping together and what not.

meh

im still debating if I really want that Enyo Bellona skin, Smite is really the only game I like from HiRez, everything else not so much. I'd prefer to dedicate it Smite, I really don't think tactics is gonna gain a large following since Smite is their cash cow so I wouldn't care if people wanted to talk about it in the season 4 thread because I don't think that there'd be enough interest for a standalone thread :shrug:

I'm already dropping the gems for The Morrigan t3 and the celtic pack, lookin forward to seeing more celtic deities.

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jan 8, 2017

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Lastgirl posted:

Enyo Bellona skin

It doesn't look nearly as well in game as it does in the menus :( And the voice pack VGS volume is extremely low, must be bugged or something.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
My friends have convinced me to play this game, because what I really needed in my life was another MOBA. Somebody toss me an invite @ narutobluntz

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

I installed this last night because my roommate said to, and I was apparently a huge dumbass like three years ago because I bought the "all of the characters, forever" pack despite being level 8 and having no idea how the gently caress to play the game.

Play Ymir he is the best guy, all you need to do is land your 3 for your team to prosper

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

Turpitude posted:

Play Ymir he is the best guy, all you need to do is land your 3 for your team to prosper

Definitely agreed, Ymir is the one god that actually kept me playing this game when I didn't know what I was doing.

600 gems and a panda Odin skin for keeping the stream open, definitely didn't expect to get that much. Did they do this kind of thing before? I don't remember getting anything near this last time.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

Previous SWCs had codes posted on the stream that you had to claim in game or on HiRez's website. They were only valid for something like 15 minutes after they were posted. Eventually the codes crashed their website and the only way to claim codes was in game.

This new promotion with keeping the stream open though - HiRez started this a few months ago after they announced their partnership with Twitch Prime. There's even been previous random times where they handed out chests/gems for watching pro streams.

So first championship stream, yes, but not first time.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
iRaffer's khepri is insane

Mr. Neutron posted:

It doesn't look nearly as well in game as it does in the menus :( And the voice pack VGS volume is extremely low, must be bugged or something.

prob will be fixed. I love Bellona but I don't play her as much anymore. I do a lot of jg/mid but now I'm kinda doing more mid and that involves mages so I'm lookin forward to hopefully mastering The Morrigan~

Anyways, not sure that would justify an Enyo skin grab until it hits a chest, since it's just an exclusive same as Leona Nemesis skin, which I grinded 50 levels of Jet Pack Fighters to get :shepface: until it got relegated to a chest.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

I made these "tier lists" based off the stats off this unofficial SWC reddit page. It's not really a tier list because the sample size is too small, but I wanted to put this together to kind of visualize how the gods did:

Win/Loss:

S is 100% win rate all gods in this tier were only played once and won
S- is between 0.99 and 0.75 win rate
A+ is between 0.74 and 0.51 win rate
A is 0.5 win rate
A- is 0.49 to 0.40 win rate
B is 0.39 to 0.26
C is 0.25 to 0.01
D is 0 all gods here played once and lost except Ravana (played twice) and Thoth (played 4 times)

KDA:

SS tier, Apollo played only once with 12.0 KDA (9/1/6)
S+ tier, KDA between 8.9 and 8.0
S tier, KDA between 7.9 and 6.0
S- tier, KDA between 5.9 and 5.0
A+ tier, KDA between 4.9 and 3.0
A tier, KDA between 2.9 and 2.0
A- tier, KDA between 1.9 and 1.51
B tier, KDA between 1.5 and 1.0
C tier, KDA between 0.9 and 0.1
D tier, KDA is 0

KDA is a weird statistic too look at, but the point of this was to sort of paint a picture of which gods contributed more. Higher KDA assumes they either carried or participated in a lot of fights. I arbitrarily picked the 2.9-2.0 range as a "respectable average participation" number. Basically anything A range and above contributed well to the team, whereas everything below didn't contribute so well.

kruna
Jun 6, 2006
I missed the rapture.
Not sure if this is the place to post this but is anyone interested in a key for Smite Tactics closed beta?

Kitten Baubles
May 10, 2008
Yeah I have two keys as well if anyone wants them.

Knee
Jul 19, 2006

I'm telling you, it's true. People grow from spores.
So it's late, was browsing the meme thread, one thing to another, got that "now you're a man" song stuck in my head and reminded me of an old classic.

It's a meme, but it's a Smite one.
Old School "Playing Hercules Like a Man" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzLWQgDQxVc

Also found another on the same idea.
The Man Lane https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xodCcGRJgwA

I love when weird poo poo works in Smite. Herc and Chaac duo? Sure, why not..

(I still miss old Herc VP)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

New player here, since the steam god pack sale I've been beating up robots in the arena with my friends (who will only play Heroes against AI as well). After watching the tournament streams a bit I decided to jump in to normal pvp games, but with auto-items on and avoiding conquest for now. I don't want to learn the items yet with things changing for season 4 soon. I learned a few things:

No matter how bad you are, there's always worse people. I dominated in a 3v3 as the bee god just by planting my hives everywhere and flanking around to the back where the enemy players would be sitting at 10% life missing shots against our minions.

Neith gets the work done in arena, she's perfect for a newbie. Safe range attacks, great damage, the backflip getaway, the ult to finish off the people who think they are almost to safety.

Kumbhakarna and Thanatos are brutal in the hands of competent players and can make life hell for you if you are squishy without an escape (and have no team coordination). I haven't tried either yet but see them often.

Toxic players are in every game. I joined an arena last night (my fourth against enemy players). Someone instalocked the mayan hunter with the bolas. No one else was picking so I started to choose Amaterasu. Someone else started showing Ymir. I decided I just wanted to get my last win for a quest then call it a night so I swapped to Neith and locked. The Ymir guy swapped to the Chinese demon god with the torso face and shield. And some guy showing Nu Wa went off on me, calling me a human being friend of the family for switching to a second hunter. Our 4th locked in as some random character I didn't recognize and Nu Wa spent the whole timer grumbling that we were all stupid and doomed for being idiots and this game would be a waste of his time. He didn't lock in until the last second out of protest I guess. We ended up dominating the game. I tried to steal kills from him when I could just for fun, he ended up beating me in kills anyway so I admit he knew what he was doing, rear end in a top hat though he was haha.

So is there an arena meta? Coming from other games I'd think 2 hunters would be good, especially if they coordinate and cover each other.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Welp guess I figured out what I'm gonna play!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Welp guess I figured out what I'm gonna play!

Yeah, Ah Muzen Cab. He's probably not competitive but he's fun as long as you don't panic and frantically plant beehives while someone is beating on you. I tried him in an arena and did less well though it was fun trying to guess people's pathing as I sprayed honey ahead of them, and inflicting the status "Bees!" on people never got old.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I had a really, really dumb arena match with AMC where no one ever killed my hives, so the entire map was one big gently caress You Got Mine zone. That'll never happen again, but man it was fun.

E: Oh also a clan invite for Orvidos, please.

Orv fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 10, 2017

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

The Most Fun AMC is building like a phys mage (jotunn, transcendence, etc; aspd is for babies) and shredding people with your bees and making your honey trail a legit threat. Added bonus of making your ult hit like a loving truck.

cyclonic
Dec 15, 2005

bagrada posted:

So is there an arena meta? Coming from other games I'd think 2 hunters would be good, especially if they coordinate and cover each other.

No. Arena is a casual mode. You can be winning for a majority of the match and still lose in the end because of how timers work. There's no way it can be seriously taken as any kind of competitive mode.

Pick whatever you want. 5-man guardian or 5-man assassin teams can even work. You're supposed to have fun with it. Anyone who gives you poo poo for picking something, tell them to queue for ranked and to get out of your Arena queue.

edit-

:siren:Time to keep Smite running on Twitch in the background 24/7 :siren:
https://twitter.com/schisam/status/818900635450019841

cyclonic fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jan 10, 2017

Orv
May 4, 2011
I had that poo poo running throughout the entirety of Worlds and got nothing at all. :smith:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I have twitch prime from amazon prime so I did the merge account thing for the janus skin then left it on all weekend and got 50 paladins gems, a paladins cards chest, a current smite odyssey chest and around 100 smite gems in small unlabeled packs (of 20 each maybe?). Possible they saw I was new and were trying to reel me in.

Thanks for confirmation on arena being casual, all my other games were pretty chill and I didn't see too much chatter outside of the v hotkey emotes and someone calling out one of our team for spending 90% of his time standing around in the respawn area.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Sticking together and properly teamfighting is way more important in Arena then team composition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
If you want to pubstomp and/or learn the ropes these are the dudes I like to recommend:

Support - Ymir
Assassin - Thanatos
Hunter - Neith
Mage - Anubis
Warrior - Odin

• Locked thread