Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

I predict eleven deaths on the mountain this year, but only three of them will be Sherpas. They will rightly recognize these white and East Asian rich people to be underserving of life and thus will take fewer risks to ensure their safety.

However since 11 has been taken multiple times, I will make a secondary prediction: someone on the mountain will be MURDERDED :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Jose posted:

why is annapurna so dangerous? I know that K2 has the bottleneck which results in most of the deaths

I thought K2 was too lightly traveled to have significant bottlenecks, and the main reason for its lethality was the steep inclines resulting in increased avalanche risk and greater exposure to high winds.

This is a genuine prod, I don't know why K2/Annapurna are more lethal, but I'm skeptical of bottlenecks.