Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

slinky triscuits posted:

My death pool vote is 12.

I was going to say that, I'll take 14. Or 15 if 14 is taken. I was thinking it might take fewer lives this year to encourage more people to climb next year when it'll feast but then a lot of people have had their climbs disrupted so I figure they'll go all out this year and doggedly continue long past the cut off time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

webmeister posted:

That spoiled brat kid is in for a serious shock if he wants to do any mountain climbing in Australia! Our highest mountain is 2200m and is about an hour's chairlift + leisurely walk from the carpark.

The last time I walked up, there was a stag party at the top - complete with 30 blokes drinking beer and the stag in a snazzy cocktail dress & heels combo.

Apparently some of the Tasmanian mountains have killed people - but usually not due to the altitude. Usually it's due to the person climbing said mountain doing so in shorts and a singlet not realising it can go from 24c to like -10 in the space of an hour down here. It can and does snow out of nowhere. Or they just think "Tassie is tiny, you can't get lost there" and promptly get lost because it is tiny and therefor gently caress all people live here and most of it is scrub/bush/forest with no phone reception. One person was found dead from exposure about 10 minutes from a town.

Bonus for us is that the Tassie devils are great scavengers, they like to eat pretty much everything including bones and sometimes the only thing search teams (or whoever happens on the body) find are a few leftover bits of backpack or a wallet or something.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

He's trying to play it off like he thought she would be ok, but he had to have known. Even through all the haze, some part of him had to be screaming that if he left her there, that would be the last time he'd ever see her alive. Dude straight up abandoned his wife to reach the top. The only thing colder than that was her body when he got back.

That's going to be awkward to explain to people at the funeral, while they're doing that "at least she died with her husband by her side" part he'll be "Well *cough* actually, I mean... i paid all that money and... y'know it'd be a shame to waste the chance... so y'know I sort of hosed off to climb the rest of the rock while she died, so she was alone.... but hey at least I asked her first it's not like people up those altitudes make bad decisions when they're ill right?"