Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

The great Chomolungma will claim 16 dead this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

The Goatfather posted:

youd have to be prepared to work a little harder getting cancer patients and poo poo to the summit but thats just part of doing business

Just do a Sandy Pittman and have a nubile young sherpa short-rope you all the way to the summit.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Sherpas should start a patreon or something

For a weekly donation of at least 50 USD, a rich douche of your choice gets pushed down the Lhotse Face.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Hogge Wild posted:

how will your corpse be known

yellow fingers?

neckbeard?

He'll have a sign around his neck that says "DO YOU HAVE SERACS IN YOUR HOUSE?"

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

#Everest has a new build available with a bunch of bugfixes, a few new features, and the latest death pool predictions as a secret easter egg that will only be visible while you are in the depths of madness. You can download it here

It just gives me a pop-up window telling me I'm not running the latest version, and I should go to the website and download it. :(

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Xibanya posted:

I'll have a look at that, might be a caching issue with our server. Regardless, the game should still start after you click OK in the window! Let me know if it doesn't as that'd be a serious bug!

(If it really won't start the game, turn off your internet and try running the game, if it can't connect to the server it won't give you a popup at all.)

E: when did you download it? I checked our server and it's fine; I double checked the game code and that should be fine. Maybe you downloaded it before we pushed the update? Regardless, the game should still start; let me know if it doesn't.

After the pop-up it just closes down.

The earlier builds did nothing when I tried to start them so no change there. I guess it just crashes for some reason without giving an error message.

(Yes, I have both runtimes installed)

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Ziggy Starfucker posted:

What graphics card and version of Windows are you using?

Radeon HD 5870, Windows 10.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

cyberia posted:

Something she mentioned was when she was climbing Kilimanjaro her water bottles froze when she was summiting. How do people handle that on Everest?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

RKRGoat posted:

Yo: "Death reported on Tibet side from abenteuer-outdoor source"

http://www.alanarnette.com/blog/2016/02/01/everest-2016-team-locations/

CHOMOLUNGMA HUNGERS

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Microwaves Mom posted:

Whats the kill count?

1 prick 1 sherpa?

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

simplefish posted:

Just split the Deathfest count

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

monster on a stick posted:

I don't think I've read a bad Krakauer book. Eiger Dreams is good too, and of course Into The Wild.

Under the Banner of Heaven is loving amazing. Also depressing as hell. :smith:

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

George H.W. oval office posted:

I wish I was some big baller. I want to buy off every Sherpa to never climb again and leave all these idiots on their own

poo poo, I'd pay them even more to smear grease on the ladders across the icefall and replace the stashed oxygen at Camp 4 with helium or something.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Do we know what happened to Green Boots? I heard he wasn't there anymore.

After years of keeping faithful vigil, Saint Green Boots finally ascended into the bosom of Great Chomolungma, where he will sit at Her side on the day of reckoning.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Paramemetic posted:

He's believed to be Tsewang Paljor from the Indo-Tibetan Border Police, they would not have in any way been on the Tibetan side. David Sharp died very near him, and he also went from Nepali side via Asian Trekking, right?

Both Paljor and Sharp used the Northeast ridge route, starting from the Tibetan side.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

If we're pooling, I'm guessing that six people will be sacrificed to Chomolungma this year.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Paladine_PSoT posted:

Yeah, something like homer falling down springfield gorge, but repeatedly, and with more dismemberment.

Everest Thread 2017: like springfield gorge but with more dismemberment

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

This thread is Base Camp, the GBS threads are all collapsed tents flapping in the wind somewhere in the Death Zone.