Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

I'm gonna go with 13 dead in the death pool. With nobody getting to climb for so long, it's gonna be an overcrowded mess primed for disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Wierd, when anyone says "job creator" I definitely hear "monster"

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Is it available to stream anywhere?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Anybody else catch the Sherpa documentary on Discovery tonight? Did we know already that Phurba was retired? Great film, I highly recommend it.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

I had to pause it for a bit when that fucker asked if they could talk to the Sherpas' "owners".

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Brice came off as really exploitative and scummy in that film. I had previously thought of him as a reasonably good guy trying to make the system right from the inside, but after seeing Sherpa, I have changed my mind. He's exploiting them just as much as the rest of the operators, he just knows how to hide it a little better in front of the press and outside world.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Rondette posted:

Behold, the lav!

They're gonna carry all the poo poo back from base camp, on a Yak. So...that's nice, I guess!

This man has like, one small child foot and one large foot. He even put different color boots on. What's up with that?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

unpacked robinhood posted:

one foot appears short bc it's inclined pointing towards the camera and the colors are different because of shadows and lovely sensors

Nah, one of those boys is bright yellow. One of them has a dark toe section and the other doesnt. It's not just coloration. The size thing you're getting at may be right, but they're definitely different boots.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Deaths being sad doesn't mean they should be excluded from the total. But the Sherpas are the ones that should be labeled as people, not the other way around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Zo posted:

I made that up just now but it sounds plausible enough to be believable I think.

Problem is that combustion doesn't work the same way as a phase change. Combustion is releasing chemical energy through a chemical reaction. Boiling or sublimation (vaping) are both changes in the substances phase and are governed by different physics. Boiling and vaping happen without the molecules changing their composition.