Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Gonna go with 35. ISIS ninjas will wait at the top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Nether Postlude posted:

I'm picking 23 for the Death Count because it hasn't been taken yet. And it's one of those numbers you never suspect until it hits ya. Like an avalanche down the Lhotse Face!

Wondering what numbers have already been picked? I went through the list and this is what's been chosen so far. If you see multiple names next to a number, it is because people are bad at picking numbers. I can't remember how we dealt with that last year because I'm snow tired. :q:

:rip:CURRENT DEATH COUNT PICKS FOR THE 2016 EVEREST CLIMBING SEASON:rip:
Your grandmother would be so proud.

-1 stab, elwood
0 Literally Kermit, Pvt Dancer, PostNouveau, Minrad
-1+1 Robo Reagan (Mom dies but baby lives)
1 CaptainOblivious, Fumble
2 empty baggie
3 Troublemaker, Shinjobi, Alan Smithee
4 The Light Eternal, StoneOfShame
4.5 Popeahuntis
5 Microwaves Mom, Cliff Racer
6 Rondette, bradzilla
7 Anya, Vintimus Prime, The French Army!
8 Electrical Fire, Nuggan, ranbo das
9 SaNChEzZ, SteveVizsla
10 Quinctia, Shwqa
11 Robo Reagan, Bob Loblaw
12 slinky triscuits, Dr.Smasher
13 Crusty Nutsack
14 Tambaloneus, Dead Precedents
15 Xibanya, Lasca
16 Comrade Koba
17 Day Man, BlueBlazer, Quantum Finger
18 BisonDollah, Picnic Princess
19 Nostalgia4Butts
20 Teddybear (“smallest available positive integer”)
21 Cymoril
22 Stars War
23 Nether Postlude
25 Arcsquad12
27 MorgaineDax
30 Cowman
35 mike12345
37 Anoia
69 Nooner
162 Happy Hedonist
666 soy
Mtn The Goatfather
All Chinatown, Mega64

The winner should get a cave-diving trip.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

No, it's you who's the sperg. jfc

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

tentative8e8op posted:

Oh my god, I have trouble imagining someone moving so fast with some of those drops, but those views are breathtaking.

Does anyone know any decent documentaries about the Matterhorn I should watch?

The First Ascent of The Matterhorn

The First Descent of The Matterhorn

Is the Matterhorn even technically difficult? I thought it's super-popular, but maybe not just all the way to the top.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

It just occurred to me that maybe some of you don't reflexively get this song in your head every time you see this thread, so maybe I should help change that so that you all can suffer as I do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG-wuWNIyzI

Like, I've been reading the everest thread for three or four years and only just now thought to post that. :shrug:

After Touching the Void, every time someone mentions mountaineering, Boney M starts playing in my head.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Platystemon posted:

Helicopter firms are carrying out unauthorised sightseeing flights over the upper reaches of Mount Everest, Nepalese officials say.

Sherpas have expressed concerns that vibrations caused by the helicopters could trigger avalanches.

Can't wait for the Michael Bay Everest incident, where a helicopter crashes into the southern face, triggering an avalanche, making the base camp explode.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Any goonettes here want to go hiking with me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

The only way to top this is to let your spouse die, and propose to someone else at the summit.