Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
42, and the islamic state will hold a public execution on the mountain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Last Chance posted:

you are loving correct

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

have any everest corpsicles gotten a darwin award by the way

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

the best mountaineering film is the eiger sanction spoof episode in archer

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Skarsnik posted:

So the Sherpa definitely died before these two shitbags?

Pretty bad the media are calling them the first fatalities

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/may/22/australian-woman-and-dutch-man-die-on-everest-as-queensland-teen-reaches-summit

:fsmug: 3 people 1 sherpa dead :agesilaus:

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

A Melbourne university lecturer who suffered altitude sickness and died on Mount Everest was being looked after by what some climbers have described as one Nepal's cheapest and riskiest trekking companies.

Dr Maria Strydom died on Saturday on her way back down the world's highest mountain with a Sherpa after failing to make the summit.

Tour company Seven Summit Treks said the tired and weak 34-year-old died at an altitude of about 7,800 metres near Camp Four.

Another climber in Dr Strydom's group, Dutchman Eric Arnold, also died from altitude sickness on Friday after reaching the summit on his fifth attempt.

Guy Cotter from the New Zealand-based company Adventure Consultants said Seven Summit Treks was one of the cheapest trek operators on the mountain.

"A company like Seven Summits will have a base price of around $US25,000 and then people still have to add on additional costs for the trek to base camp for oxygen, for Sherpas and so on," Mr Cotter said.

"But then there's operators like us who are offering a full guided service, we charge $US65,000, the difference is that we have professionally qualified, experienced mountain guides."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-05-23/everest-death-sparks-concerns-over-safety/7437946

Larf

note: she was a business lecturer. i don't think "academic" is the proper term here since it implies a smart person doing something of value was lost :mrgw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

hseroK divaD posted:

You forgot the best part:

Strydom had sought out to prove that she could scale the mountain while on a vegan diet, the Monash University lecturer told the university’s blog. “It seems that people have this warped idea of vegans being malnourished and weak,” Strydom said. “By climbing the seven summits we want to prove that vegans can do anything and more.”

http://time.com/4344556/woman-vegan...+Top+Stories%29

Sounds about right for a business lecturer :smug: