Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
7 was already taken :(

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Going with 5 seeing as the other was taken

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
In 2017 I'm going to climb everest and murder people on it. I'll be the everest serial killer. I'll strike a standing pose for when I freeze to death holding a knife above my head in a menacing fashion pointing the way to go up the mounta. After craving in the nearby rock. "MY SOUL SHALL RETURN FOR MORE EVERY YEAR."

Everest really needs or has a good serial killer. I wonder if you could trigger an avalanche below you wiping a lot of people out.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
The best part is you could literally murder someone on everest and no one would be able to prove it unless they saw you, but obviously you'd kill any witnesses.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Man people talk about getting away with murder saying there's no perfect murder but getting someone a trip to everest and trying to kill them on it? THat sounds like the perfect murder to me. 1 the mountain my kill them. 2 any attempt to screw them will probably result in their murder.

E:
Cruises also seem like a good place to kill people.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 4, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

SteveVizsla posted:

Cruises are definitely the best. International waters, no body to find, no one notices for ages since it's so easy to lose track of someone on a giant ship and there's no cell phones... Even when there's absolute proof of a murder, it never gets taken to court.

and everyone is piss drunk.

Still I like the idea of murdering people on Everest as this is the everest thread.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Xibanya posted:

Easiest way as I see it would be to replace one of their oxygen tanks with a tank of nitrous oxide. They wouldn't even notice they were suffocating. Bonus - take a spare for yourself and do whip-its at base camp to pass the time while acclimatizing.

Hell just take one of their oxygen tanks for yourself.

I'm sure people have been killed on everest for their O2 supplies.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
How long until they install the escalator?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

fuctifino posted:

Saving from the last thread

I'll go for 38 for the deathpool for 2016.

:drat:

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

can we get one with a bunch of bodies laying there frozen?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

was expecting americans but not surprised it was Russians.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Alan Smithee posted:

I bet if you found his body there would be a can of mountain dew and smash mouth tickets

truly deserved death.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Bobby Digital posted:

Those are in Wyoming.

Every year dozens die climbing the tatas of Idaho and Wyoming.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
MY death count excludes sherpas. I don't think we should ridicule their deaths.

Also why do people see this thing and think, "I'mma climb this death trap."?

There's nothing there but despair, exhaustion, and death!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Jim Barris posted:

Why climb any mountain? Why go out to the woods to camp (and I mean for real not pulling up to a camp site in a state park)? The answer is obvious to put yourself in danger to prove you can overcome it. Doing so brings you a special kind of feeling. It is dangerous, yes, but for some it is worth the danger. I personally have gone camping in the more extreme fashion where you load up a bunch of poo poo into a huge backpack and walk some twenty miles into the woods before you set up camp and it's definitely rewarding in a particular fashion that normal camping isn't. Climbing a mountain like Everest is even more extreme, even more dangerous, then that but I think they're after the same feeling.
yeah uhuh,

FrozenVent posted:

Because their neighbour hasn't.
I'm going with this.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Can we talk about other disasters here, or is this mostly for idiots on mountains

There are no disasters here, just darwin and mountains.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

Well, this seems like as good a thread as any to point out that there was a man called Major Butts on the Titanic

hahaha Did he go down with teh ship?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

koreban posted:

Let's be honest, if they didn't have locals to pay pittances to, they'd just bring their own slightly-higher paid proles to lug their gear up mountains for them.

When you're dropping 70 grand on the trip, and sherpas are making 5-7 grand of that, you can probably afford to hire someone at 10 grand and then hope they get HAPE somewhere between camp 3 and 4 so you can finish up and leave a nice trail marker for the next group.

Why not just crush their skull in when you get back to like camp 3 or 2 on the way down?
Like I said before no one can prove a murder on the mountain.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

lmfao this is too great I kept waiting for the snowmobile to catch up to him and crush him.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I asked the computers to do some art for us

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Mr. Unlucky posted:

that kid is stupid but he's already done more with his life than most of the people in this thread so yall should think about that and hang your head in shame while you poo poo talk him from your cubicles.

I hope he dies so we can poo poo talk and say we've done more in the long run.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
so from what I understand his dad has no experience climbing? Is his dad going up all the way too? What if his dad dies up there? Then the kids dad is dead, hes not gonna take that well cause hes a kid and hes gonna prolly die too.

Oh man could be a two for one special on mount death.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I wish I could astral project myself onto everest during climbing season to laugh at people as they die.

Hey, can we small UAV drones to fly up the mountain yet with ease? I'd imagine they might freeze :(. It would be great to be able to pilot one up and just have comedy music playing as people drop dead.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
We need the seinfeld music too when they tell a person they have to turn back or they'll die from not having enough o2 tanks.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Sounds like we should just rename Everest Mt. rear end in a top hat.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

wintrrmute posted:

Didn't see this posted in the OP but I enjoyed this documentary about the Canadian lady, who seemed ....ill prepared.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/episodes/2012-2013/into-the-death-zone

"You have one life, live it."

LOL

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Shinjobi posted:

Add it to OP

its like opening a fine bottle of wine and getting a sniff of what you're about to enjoy.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Alan Smithee posted:

dude looks like John McAfee. A walking Vice documentary

yeah total douche vibe

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Cojawfee posted:

Are they hoping that by consuming stronger souls, the mountain will eat less people?

Everyone knows the mountain eating bigger souls will just be able to level up faster and upgrade its gear quicker allowing it to feast upon more souls.

The thirst will only grow.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Leperflesh posted:

At least if the Everest-hopefuls have done another 6500+m peak, they'll have had a chance at understanding what the oxygen deprivation does to them. Less likely to unexpectedly get HAPE/HACE on their Everest summit attempt.

Also it means actually bothering to do a mountain that your buddies, co-workers, family, and friends back home won't have heard of so you won't get all the (undeserved) praise and respect for doing it. Should weed out a lot of people who are only in it for a one-time easy path to peer approval.

This pisses me off as it ruins my plans to be a serial killer on the mountain / makes it a lot harder as I'd have to have climbed other mountains now.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Outrail posted:

You'll be fitter and stronger so not only will you be able to hunt down 55 year old human resources executives failing to do something noteworthy with their lives you'll also be fit enough to chase down the people running the expeditions. Think of it as a stretch goal.

Just try to see through the blood haze and not hurt any Sherpas though, they put up with enough poo poo as it is.

I laughed too hard at this.

Mega64 posted:

You can still kill people on the other mountains, and since nobody's heard of those mountains you'll get away with it more easily.

True but it doesn't have the thrill of killing rich yuppies on everest.
Also your av looks like final fantasy 6 concept art for characters.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I hope he dies on the mountain with the rest of the assholes.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
April showers bring may corpses!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Bolivar posted:

All those moments will be lost...in time...like tears. In. Rain.
Time...to die :patriot:

But his frozen corpse will remain a marker for many many years, until an avalanche replaces it somewehre else. but it will still be there!

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Day Man posted:

I had to pause it for a bit when that fucker asked if they could talk to the Sherpas' "owners".

what country were they from?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Cliff Racer posted:

Nepal, thats where the vast majority of sherpas live.

Not sure if joke or you misunderstood., TOo hard to tell with goons.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

The dude was from Florida so i guess either option?

okay yeah.

Cliff Racer posted:

Yeah, I know, I was making a joke. This thread has been complaining about that owners comment for over a year, how can you follow it and still be shocked when you see the clip?

You still never can tell with goons lol.

Microwaves Mom fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Apr 30, 2016

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Thanks for reminding me about a tribe in africa who has long hollowed out tubes they use to blow air into a goat or cows rear end for some reason or another when getting milk.

I remember thinking to myself "how do they know which end to blow into and which goes in the cow butt?" As there were no visible markings aside from i'd imagine smell.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

lenoon posted:

He does drink poop tea, he's also kindof a professional guide and expedition leader, goes to the North Pole and stuff. Pretty cool. But this is Everest so he takes rich people up to nearly die pointlessly at the top of a mountain covered in corpses and poo poo and empty oxygen bottles and one day probably won't come down.

How would he feel about taking a serial killer who wants to cull the rich with him? As long as he and his team remain untouched.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
So are they cool with me culling the rich or not?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

BobHoward posted:

According to this earlier story on the same incident, Everest Base Camp's sheer altitude has killed two trekkers who weren't even going to try to summit.

The mountain hungers.