Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I imagine dying on the mountain would be horrible. You are exhausted and dizzy, hands feet and face bulging with edema. No matter how hard you try, you can't catch your breath. The wind pelts you with ice, snow and the wrapper from a Clif bar the guy in front of you just ate. The feeling is gone, in your fingers, your toes. The loves of your life flash in front of your deadening eyes, but you don't have the strength to go back to them. You slip away knowing you will never see them again. You close your eyes one last time and faaaaaaaaaaaaaaart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I am going to start training right now to climb Everest as far as it takes to get to some good poop deposits. I am going to gather some juicy samples from those poop deposits and bring them back. I will market the poop to people doing at-home fecal transplants!

I'll be a millionaire! Everest poop is the poop of the rich and powerful. Who wouldn't want some?

No one steal my idea!

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

This guy gets it. Donate to my gofundme for Everest poop collection today!

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

uwaeve posted:

I know there have been book recommendations and reviews in the thread before, but I'm having trouble paging through finding them. I've read into thin air, dark summit, and the climb. Are there go-to recommendations on what to read?

I enjoyed Denali's Howl though it is clearly not about Everest.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

I just watched "The Summit" on Hulu and it was very good. K2 is a killer