Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Fumble posted:

Put me down for 1 with this years stricter permit rules.

And I'll say 2, just because you beat me to 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

Someone made a thread but posted it in GBS for some reason. The thread was poo poo posted into Oblivion and the guy posted a banme.

This thread was originally in GBS. I didn't realize it wasn't still until now.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Joe Rogan recently had Jake B Evans and Bud Brutsman on his podcast and they get into Everest rescue missions a bit during the interview. I actually saw Jack Evans speak at a work convention several years back and he has some interesting stories.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

nsaP posted:

Why are they not doing this together?

Because it's a race to be the first to solo it.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Maybe I missed it, but they never mention what food he’s taking with him, aside from two bottles of wine and a block of foie gras. The video shows some tomatoes and bananas, both of which will be rotten pretty quickly if he doesn’t eat them first, but I wish they had gotten into the details of what he’s bringing with him to survive the 3 months he suspects it will take him to literally float across the Atlantic. I also couldn’t imagine how much that barrel constantly moves around, even in still water.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Rations are one thing, especially if they’re dehydrated, but that brings another question up: how much consumable water does his craft hold?

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I read that barrel guy has made 4 other transatlantic voyages by sailboat, so I guess he knows what to expect by now.

E: Also read that there's an old superstition among sailors that bananas are bad luck, but I suppose barrel guy's not really sailing but floating so hopefully he'll be ok.

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Dec 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Kinda reminds me of Bionic Commando.

E: now that I’ve played it, it’s not Bionic Commando at all. It’s loving evil.

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Dec 30, 2018