Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
I never tire of dead rich people, but that one lady who asked her 11yo son if she could climb the mountain and then died up there was a real piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

NaDy posted:

That might have been Francys Arsentiev who was trying to be the first American woman to climb Everest without supplemental oxygen. Oh and her husband Sergei died on the same expedition going back up to the summit to try and rescue her. Poor kid lost both parents on the same day because they were dumb.

that was her.

He was eleven, said, "I don't want to be the one to keep you from achieving your dream" then promptly had a nightmare about her and his stepfather Sergei dying on the mountain in a blizzard, called her up and begged her not to go, but she was all, "No, you were right, I gotta do this thing!" and they both died on the descent.

Mountaineers are hosed up shitheads when they get married and have kids.

im gonna say 17, and I hope none of them are Sherpas.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Comrade Koba posted:

For a weekly donation of at least 50 USD, a rich douche of your choice gets pushed down the Lhotse Face.

would

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Microwaves Mom posted:

The best part is you could literally murder someone on everest and no one would be able to prove it unless they saw you, but obviously you'd kill any witnesses.

NLJP posted:

If you did it in the death zone you could do it and people would literally look blankly at you and keep going probably

new life goals

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Kehveli posted:

There has been some discussion in these threads before about cave diving, so I thought this would be interesting to you guys:

In this feature length documentary the viewers are taken into a secret operation where a group of Finnish cave divers try to retrieve the bodies of their friends from deep inside underwater cave in Norway. Now they have to face the burden of their own fears during this life-threatening mission.

trailer:
https://vimeo.com/147601833

bunch of idiots saw what happened to Dave Shaw and decided that would be a good idea?

http://www.outsideonline.com/1922711/raising-dead

BONUS: Watch Dave Shaw die on youtube! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF4iFJ-G74o