Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I watched Everest recently. It might have been more powerful if I didn't already know who would die and which Texan would end up with flipper hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Shriya Shah-Klorfine

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Then the Sherpas took her corpse picture with her own camera. So her family could go through the slideshow. Here she is at the top. Here she is at the top again. And again. Yet another one at the summit. And here she is dead. And here they put the Canadian flag on her.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the deaths this year will be waiting related. So many people will be cashing in their previous year passes that the mountain will be too crowded. The won't be any bad weather or disasters. There will just be such long lines that people die in the cold waiting their turn.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If we're allowing doubles I'm going in for 2. I always forget to vote for three.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

a messed up horse posted:

i'd just die with my pecker out like that amber bug so there's a chance of somebody 99 million years in the future being owned by looking at my weird dick

If you get enough people to do it, anthropologists in the future will think it was a ritual to climb tall mountains to die with your boner out.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Xibanya posted:

Easiest way as I see it would be to replace one of their oxygen tanks with a tank of nitrous oxide. They wouldn't even notice they were suffocating. Bonus - take a spare for yourself and do whip-its at base camp to pass the time while acclimatizing.

"Hey, uh, the bottle you just handed me says whip-its on it written in sharpie."

"Don't worry about it, I replaced it with oxygen."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm going to be the first jobless, neckbearded, bald, white, American veteran to crash a titanic into an iceberg.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Ars Arcanum posted:

Note: I actually hope no one dies, especially the sherpas :ohdear:

I only want rich white people to die on the mountain.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Jose posted:

Are there any good behind the scenes stuff of how things like ueli steck records get filmed?

Since he's going for records, I would assume he's climbed these places several times and he knows the route he is going to take. It's a simple matter of placing cameras and people along his route.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

gohuskies posted:

Most of the badass Ueli Steck videos are actually re-enactments. He goes out and does the climb in 3 hours or whatever with no cameras around, and then on a different day they just shoot film of him on some of the more cinematic spots. He's on the same route on the same mountain, but there's not the same time pressure, and they can do a take again and stuff like that.

This is also how Top Gear filmed their challenges.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There's too many people for that now. I say limit at 2-3. It's not like we win money or anything.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
He went back to his camp, rested, went back up and saved his climbers. Everyone from his group survived the disaster.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Don't forget all the oxygen she wasted standing at the top taking pictures.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Do you think it was possible to see her brain dying through the sequence of selfies she took?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Didn't someone tell him it was too dangerous and he said "gently caress you, old man" and started down Everest.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

I want to be the first gay black female leader of the ku klux klan to climb Everett

I'm sure a lot of people in the Ku Klux Klan have climbed Everett.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I guess it would be in poor taste to post the picture of his corpse when he inevitably dies.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
"Congratulations, you're married to Cher."

"Wow, uh, anyway. Can I borrow $40,000 and enough oxygen to make it 95% up to the summit of say, I don't know, Everest?"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
There were a lot of idiots on that show. Like the guy who didn't even make it to the top but just had to take his gloves off and take a picture with his flag. Then he lost the top half of most of his fingers to frostbite.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Are they hoping that by consuming stronger souls, the mountain will eat less people?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The only analogy I can think of for this is if normal people were helping morbidly obese people climb stairs. The obese person is frantically out of breath, crawling up the stairs. And then the regular person walks up and says "Are you doing ok? Do you need more bottled oxygen to make it to the top of the stairs? I'm just going to run up there real quick to make sure everything is ready for you."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

quote:

Brown has not yet reached the peak he thinks his friends care about the most. He’s never summited Mount Everest.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Anya posted:

I wish I had fingers to show off with.

My name is actually Beck Weathers

How is your flipper doing?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I thought Nepal wasn't letting disabled people climb the mountain?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
These days, The Nepal Ministry ask for a full nude picture from head to toe with your eyes and genitals showing to grand you a summit certificate.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What do you guys think is the main reason why people choose to die on the mountain? Is it the fact that they are almost there or that they spend tens of thousands of dollars to get there, or maybe something else? If it cost 20 dollars to get to the top, do you think people would be more willing to turn back and try again later?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yes, but I'm wondering what they are thinking in that state. When a sherpa says you have to turn back and you can't make it to the summit but they keep on going anyway. What is the justification they have.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The first two gay dudes to have butt sex all the way up Everest.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The death zone is anywhere within 20 miles of the mountain, at any altitude up to 20 miles.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Anyone who does some sort of challenge to not use more than a certain amount of something is insufferable.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah, I was 1 of 25 people to reach the summit of Everest in that hour.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Just don't call either of them people. One count for Sherpa and one count for Shitlords.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Uh,You did it wrong
Everest three syllables
Your haiku sucks dicks

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Eh, I'll just poo poo in this camp that never gets cleaned.

Edit: I sometimes forget that other people don't follow mountain tragedies like I do. There's a post on reddit about the vegan lady who died and people refuse to believe that the "death zone" is a real thing.

Cojawfee fucked around with this message at 04:32 on May 23, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Buy a brand new car, or buy the shittiest everest package and die. Hard to choose.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Jimmy's body is too close to the 7/11 so it would be way too risky to try to recover.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The goal of sky diving is so fall out of the sky and not die. The goal of football is to smash the poo poo out of the other team.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think Everest was the last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Mega64 posted:

$25000 well spent.

Well really more like 50k for the two of them.