Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
I went to the Aire75 show when I lived in Madrid. That was pretty rad. It was the 75th anniversary of the Spanish Air Force and they had a bunch of guest teams from other European air forces and some civilian display teams too. I'd never shot an airshow before and the only big zoom I had was an old Canon 100-300 f4.5-5.6 lens. It was a pretty dark day so it wasn't the best for getting nicely lit shots of fast moving objects.

Spanish EF-18

EF18 by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Italian AF display team

Frecce Tricolori by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Dutch F-16

F-16 Falcon by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Swiss jet display team (they also had the official Swiss airforce display team flying prop trainers)

Patrouille Suisse by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Historic flight I-16

Polikarpov I-16 by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Tomorrow I'm probably going to go to the Ukrainian airforce museum in Kyiv. There are only static displays there but I like crawling all over old aircraft. My company does a photoshoot there a few times a year for promotional tie-ins to our games and I've been added to the list of people who get to go on that trip too.

Helen Highwater fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jan 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
So air museum happened. I got to wander around a bunch of old Soviet warbirds which was ace. The weather was poo poo so I was literally the only person in the place which was also ace. The only bummer was that I tried shooting into the driving rain and snow towards the end of my visit and half the photos I took have spots all over the lens as a result.

This was way cool though. Disassembled MiG-25.

MiG-25 by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Why yes Sergei, let's use those gently caress-off huge engine nozzles to store our firewood in...

MiG-25 by Iain Compton, on Flickr

For a single seater fighter, this is a very big aeroplane.

Disassembled MiG-25 by Iain Compton, on Flickr

MiG-19 and MiG-29 by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Helen Highwater fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 1, 2016

• Locked thread