Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Digital Fingers posted:

this is a horrible gimmick

I've seen things that are a lot less kosher than this.

SWBM, you seem to be doing pretty well in my opinion as well. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

Dongicus posted:

I must have lost my invite to #GBS_IRC in the mail, anyone help a fellow goonsir out?

I'd tell but it's verboten to speak of it. I wish it was kosher, but it's a non-kosher address.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
I bet Genesplicer knows how to hit armor class 0. One of the few from that nerd breed left.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

GBS is just a bunch of conquistador reregs, nooner reregs, angry mods, markov bots

and you

have you ever had a dream you were so sure was real?

Is that a reference to Twain's "Mysterious Stranger"? Sounds a awful lot like some of the last lines of it.

"It is true, that which I have revealed to you; there is no God, no universe, no human race, no earthly life, no heaven, no hell. It is all a dream—a grotesque and foolish dream. Nothing exists but you. And you are but a thought—a vagrant thought, a useless thought, a homeless thought, wandering forlorn among the empty eternities!”

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

it's from the Matrix which cribs from ton of previous works so I'm sure Mysterious Stranger by Twain is somehow involved, sure

but no it's Morpheus talking to Neo; 'have you ever had a dream neo, that you were so sure was real? what if you were unable to wake from that dream? how would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?'

which is just Decartes basically (which I'm sure Twain had in mind, too)

I feel kinda derpy for not remembering that, but like hell if I'm watching the Matrix again and having my decent memories of it ruined. The second two... gently caress, let's not talk about them.

But yeah, the end of Mysterious Stranger is very much in that vein. It's not a bad story, shame he never finished it before he died and it was pieced together from manuscripts he had laying around.

AbbadonOfHell fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 17, 2016

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
I was going to say something about Daffy being a goddamn Nazi sympathizer but I remembered that's Donald.

Daffy actually helped fight them even if he is a prick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004

Isaac posted:

I had a daffy vhs when i was little qhere he ruins hitlers poo poo

Guessing this short?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI9QzNVJK1s

• Locked thread