Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
well they have to make money somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

-Troika- posted:

If I were an Olympic athlete I wouldn't let a single molecule of my dick touch anyone or anything in Brazil during the Olympics

then whats the point in even going if you can't do your best to gently caress your way through the globe in 2 weeks

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

AriadneThread posted:

hrrrm, yes
this seems fine and good

so, I think this was discussed earlier in the thread, but at what point do you consider pulling out of, or canceling, the olympics? I know there's a lot riding on athletes being able to attend and compete but when does it stop being worth it?

There is too much money involved to ever cancel the Olympics

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

asdf32 posted:

Hence hosting in a major city doesn't require building much. Boston has 4 major sports teams and 142 colleges with facilities which were covering most things.

Like every public works project.

No one wants your old and busted stadiums and arenas for this, they want new.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
this olympics is pretty much free market to the max

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Yinlock posted:

I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the fact that they feel that it's totally okay to hold an international event in the middle of a virus outbreak.

I guess I'm just being paranoid though, what about inviting people from all over the world to a place with a fairly debilitating virus that apparently also attacks the reproductive system and has multiple avenues of infection could possibly go wrong?

EDIT: To take it to a hyperbolic extreme, it's like "Welcome to the International Games held in AIDStown, the town where everyone has and contracts the dangerous HIV virus. Also there's no law, because at this point gently caress it."

but there is vast sums of money to be made

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
its hard to imagine why Americans are despised at this point right

• Locked thread